Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #1

Inspection Ford-Motor

Hi,

what have you done for experience: should we be making the inspection at Ford or eg at Camping World? So something like: change oil change, brake check and possibly change, filters, and everything you do during the inspection so ...

And does anyone have an address where you can be the make near Houston?

I have found in Spring / Tx, the company Planet-Fort45. Does anyone know the company:

Spring Ford Automotive Service | Quick Lane Service | Spring | Huntsville | Conroe

Thanks a lot.

Walter
Winni is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure I am following the questions. Are you looking for a service facility for a motor home and inspections of the general operation of the engine/driveline/chassis? If so I would ask if the coach is under warranty still? If under warranty then maybe at a Ford dealer, else I would find a independent shop that does such services and repairs on motor homes. I would not have camping world or other RV house oriented places do non-house items.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #3

Hi Walter,
If I had a gas engine-powered motor-home I would take it to Camping World. Even though it is a Ford engine, I suspect a Ford dealership will not have a technician with experience working on a motor home. I doubt they would have a large-enough facility, or lift equipment, to work on a motor-home either. Camping World service centers are equipped to accommodate the largest motor-homes available.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #4

Hi Susan and Vince,

many thanks.

We have a Damon Challenger in 2009, the engine is from Ford. The couch is now 4 years old, so no more warranty.

Now we are looking for a service station, control everything that has to do with engine, chassis and tires and so on. I think in English we say: maintenance...

It will change the oil and filter, brake control, etc. In Germany we have a plan for each car.

for example: all 10,000 miles = oil change, oil filter change up to 30,000 miles, air filter every 50,000. And everything is what else to do yet.

Today we made a date for the end of August in Spring / Tx at Planet Ford. It is certainly better to go to a dealership because that also has the appropriate spare parts.

I hope that we are in good hands.

Thanks.
Walter
Old 07-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Walter! We use Chastang Ford, a commercial Ford truck dealership on the east side of town. Houston Ford Dealer | New & Used Car Dealer - Chastang Ford They do good work and have fair prices on chassis maintenance items. (Oil change for our V10 is $39.95.) Since they are a large truck dealer, the lot is spacious enough for maneuvering, too.

I see that you have chosen Planet Ford; as far as I know they are a reputable dealership.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hi Walter! We use Chastang Ford, a commercial Ford truck dealership on the east side of town. Houston Ford Dealer | New & Used Car Dealer - Chastang Ford They do good work and have fair prices on chassis maintenance items. (Oil change for our V10 is $39.95.) Since they are a large truck dealer, the lot is spacious enough for maneuvering, too.

I see that you have chosen Planet Ford; as far as I know they are a reputable dealership.
Hi Sarah,

many thanks for your help.

We want to storage the rv and jeep in Spring/tx, so it is close to Planet-Ford.

Very kind regards.

Walter
Old 07-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Hi Walter,
If I had a gas engine-powered motor-home I would take it to Camping World. Even though it is a Ford engine, I suspect a Ford dealership will not have a technician with experience working on a motor home. I doubt they would have a large-enough facility, or lift equipment, to work on a motor-home either. Camping World service centers are equipped to accommodate the largest motor-homes available.
Hi Ray,

many thanks.
I tend more to a reputable ford dealer because I already had a bad experience with Camping World (Savannah / GA) ...

There was an "electrician". He screwed the socket by the cable to the towing-car and the wires installed incorrectly. When i the right blinker set, then came the brake light. When I turned on the light, then came the left turn signal. And so on ...

Then he said that he must wash hands. He did not come back after three hours.

Very poor job...

I think now you can understand that I do not want to go CW again..

regards.
Walter
Old 07-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #8

I completely understand Walter. i sincerely hope you have good experiences and make wonderful memories in your travels.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I completely understand Walter. i sincerely hope you have good experiences and make wonderful memories in your travels.
hi Ray,

many thanks. i hope it too.

i will inform you about my experience with planet-ford in springs/tx.

but we have now 4 weeks time.

regards and nice weekend.

walter

Tags
ford