Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #1

Install Theater Seating

Unit is a Class C 32 ft Four Winds 31L 2016. We would like to replace the tri-fold air bed/loveseat with some type of Theater Seating (loveseat size). The area is 66 inches wide and it's on a slide out that is 33 inches deep. Any experience with this kind of project? BTW, the door is only 22 inches wide.
Thanks
Mark H.
hahnmark25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2019, 04:52 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mark! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Noticed you are kinda new on the forum and wanted to say hello!

We bought a rocker/recliner/loveseat, powered, from Ashley Furniture. It came in three pieces so it was easy to get in the MH!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:46 AM   #3

I have a 2019 Entegra Esteem 29V. The sofa bed was a comfortable bed but not so comfortable a sofa. I found on Craigslist a very nice pair of recliners that tie together to make a sofa that fit exactly into the 5' wide space. They were so nice, I assumed someone removed them from a new RV to replace with something else. You have to make sure there is nothing under the bed that is not part of the bed. You should also make sure that the space is deep enough for your new recliners. The only issue I had was that the window valences behind the sofa were too long and kept the new seating from going all the way back. It was an easy fix to trim a few inches off the valences on the top where they are hidden by the top window valence. I love my new seating and I still have plenty of sleeping room for guests. I only paid $800 for the new seats.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #4

Thanks, what I am worried about is getting it in the door, which is only 22 inches wide. Most of the commercial loveseats Cal for 25 inches or more.
hahnmark25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:15 AM   #5

Most of these I've seem have removable backs, mine included. If memory serves (I'm old) my door was 26" but I think that was the outside measurement, not the actual clearance. It was how the seller measured the door.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:00 AM   #6

We did not do the work ourselves but we had our uncomfortable jackknife sofa replaced with two recliners and a center console. I think we had 70" to work with. As was mentioned, the backs come off the chairs.

We did remove the old sofa ourselves, now that was a chore.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:58 AM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks, what I am worried about is getting it in the door, which is only 22 inches wide. Most of the commercial loveseats Cal for 25 inches or more.

You don't need special RV furniture.

Rooms to Go has a large selection of loveseats with center armrest/cupholders that come disassembled (backs off)
76-78 inches wide. With the backs off sitting on the floor they are 24" high at the end armrests. These arm rests can be compressed enough to pass through a 22" opening.

The door on my class A is 22' wide (clearance) at the bottom to a point halfway up then tapers tp 17' in width at the top.

Just replaced my sofa/hideabed with one of these loveseats. Loveseat came through the door without issue. Had to partially disassemble the sofa to get it out.

The Rooms to go delivery guys said they have finagled lots of furniture into RVs and were nice enough to disassemble and remove my sofa.

Entire project took less than an hour. I spent a lot of time worrying about nothing.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahnmark25 View Post
Unit is a Class C 32 ft Four Winds 31L 2016. We would like to replace the tri-fold air bed/loveseat with some type of Theater Seating (loveseat size). The area is 66 inches wide and it's on a slide out that is 33 inches deep. Any experience with this kind of project? BTW, the door is only 22 inches wide.

Thanks

Mark H.
Buy residential furniture.
I purchased two pieces from Best furniture. A single and double recliner. Real leather and it's probably 4 year's old.
Still solid and looking new.
The backs slide off the base making it easy to get through the door. There's another post showing the furniture and the labels showing the manufacturing process. Google Best furniture and find a dealer.
Don't waste your money on RV furniture.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, install