Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2020, 06:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Bob.....your custom MagneShade probably slowed down the manufacturing of mine... Waiting for mine to be delivered!

X2

Mine is supposed to be here Thursday after being in manufacturing two weeks longer than expected (not a custom print one either) but good ol UPS has some undetermined delay and it might not be here on time. Seems to be a constant theme with them whenever I’m expecting something and it’s arriving right before we are scheduled to be gone.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2020, 06:53 PM   #16

Have had ours since 2016. Love it.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52Rnav View Post
How long did the install take? Any issues with getting the magnets placed on top of windshield? Did you need an 8 ft ladder?
We took our time, we were in no hurry. Took about an hour to an hour and a half. My wife worked inside and I worked outside. The magnets are in pretty good position on the inside. One magnet got attached to the bracket for the solar shade, so be careful putting them up. The magnets are VERY powerful, so once you get them separated do not let them get re-attached (without the little plastic separators). I used an adjustable ladder, height about five feet so standing on top of it (I know, should not stand on top) I could easily reach the top.

Once you get them in place (before you peel back the adhesive on the magnets) pull it tight on the outside. We did that, then let it sit for about 30 minutes. We then proceeded with the adhesive on the inside magnets.

Watch the installation video on the Magneshade website, we did that right before installation.

The magnets are POWERFUL so do not let them re-attach to each other. We did and that took another 20 minutes to get separated.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:28 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry you didn't get to post this 6 months ago! That's when I installed our magna shade. And it took more than 20 minutes to get the magnets unstuck from each other. There should be "WARNING" in big print/Bold and all CAPS before you touch those things! We 'thought' we were being careful...NOT! But is has been great and the strong magnets allow for just one person to hang it up or take it down.
US Navy - Vietnam Swiftboat Vet - PCF 102, PCF-62
Steve43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve43 View Post
Sorry you didn't get to post this 6 months ago! That's when I installed our magna shade. And it took more than 20 minutes to get the magnets unstuck from each other. There should be "WARNING" in big print/Bold and all CAPS before you touch those things! We 'thought' we were being careful...NOT! But is has been great and the strong magnets allow for just one person to hang it up or take it down.
We experienced that today, was NOT fun.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:31 AM   #20
BnR

With the high cost of those shades and sitting on the outside of the window....any concerns of someone stealing it right off the RV? I just have the reflective aluminum looking thing that unfolds to cover up the inside of the window. Works very well but doesn't look as nice as the these covers.

Bob
BnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:34 PM   #21
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is now ordered. Does it really take 7 weeks with no print ?
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnR View Post
With the high cost of those shades and sitting on the outside of the window....any concerns of someone stealing it right off the RV? I just have the reflective aluminum looking thing that unfolds to cover up the inside of the window. Works very well but doesn't look as nice as the these covers.

Bob
I guess always a concern, you never know how low some people can be.
Old 09-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdracr39 View Post
mine was about 7 weeks
Old 09-01-2020, 02:56 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:

Bob
I've never heard of that being a problem. Maybe it's just me, but I always introduce myself to the folks at neighboring sites, at least 1 of them. That way they know we are the ones who belong with the Phaeton &, hopefully, if they see someone messing with our coach, they'll notify the campground mgmt or speak up to the perps. Also, since those magnets hold tight so I don't think a thief would bother trying to get one of those shades off. There's plenty of other stuff, just laying around campsites that'd be easier to snatch. Then there's the thing of where would they unload it? Unless they make note of the make/model/year of coach they took it from, they'd not be able to get rid of it.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdracr39 View Post
Yeah, sounds about right.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #26
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

Bob
Two things, trying to block the heat with something on the inside of the coach is a lost battle....the heat has already penetrated the glass. Second, someone would have to steal the identical model sunscreen, since the various windshields are different and these are custom fit.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:44 PM   #27

A thief wouldn't know it but apparently Magnashade wouldn't sell them the inside magnets unless they had on record that a shade had been purchased from them.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #28

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Bob
Never thought about having them stolen. They are custom fit for a specif coach so they would only be good to someone with the exact same coach. We had them on our previous gas coach for the past 3 years with no issue. Plan to get them for the new coach also. We love them even if they are a little pricey.

Tags
led, install