Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Very nice!
We self installed on the Phaeton and it was 95% good. When we got the Bus, Mocksville was half way to Mountain Falls so we docked up at magneShade for the night. They did the install and we were on the road by ten and their install was 110% good. We got side windows, wipers and mirrors. They are great people and we highly recommend them!
HenryRH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #44

Magnashade

Is it a sunscreen material with image applied?
Fman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:49 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
I ordered my Magne Shade on April 27 this past spring. It was delivered on May 18. Cost was $599 plus a $39 manufacturing fee. It was quite easy to install, the only problem I had was with the driver side upper corner magnet - it kept sticking to the windshield roller shade mounting bracket. What a pain to get it off the steel bracket. I have had some trouble keeping the passenger side upper "buddy" magnet mounted, it keeps coming off the windshield. I called Magne Shade and was told there might be some wax on the windshield that prevents the magnet from adhering. Was told to try soft steel wool with 50% IPA/water to clean the area and to let the adhesive cure for 3 days before sticking the shade to it.

The black shade with the red piping is a perfect match for our coach.

The shade is certainly overpriced, but it looks great and doesn't require drilling holes or ladder use to put up. I really like the ability to see out through it during the daytime, just have to remember to put down the night shade after dark. The idea of blocking heat before it passes through the glass works really well. The difference between the internal solar shade roller shade and the Magne Shade is pretty significant.

How do folks store their shade while traveling?

Safe travels,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Magne Shade 2018 Allegro RED 03.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	300016  
NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:51 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhicks View Post
I got a Magneshade when they first came on the market; it's still great after all these years. Surprisingly I found that it'll insulate the windshield a bit on cold nights, I guess by reducing direct radiation.

Hi John, a question: How has your Magneshade handled high wind and or rain? I mean has it “moved” at all, requiring you to re-adjust the shade?
Thanks, Ed
Eddvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:05 PM   #47

Can you still see out your windshield From inside with that installed?
corkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:10 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBluept View Post
...How do folks store their shade while traveling?...
When we had MS window shades, I stored them by rolling them up in a 3" or 4" piece of PVC. That way there are no creases in the shades.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #49

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Just got and installed ours...LOVE IT. but not as fancy as yours. Did driver and passengers also. Came with wiper covers also.
Old 09-06-2020, 04:54 PM   #50

Beautiful custom print
1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBluept View Post
How do folks store their shade while traveling?
We roll ours up onto a fat pool noodle. The extension rod stores in the hole in the center of the noodle. Then it all goes in the storage bag. Don't fold them or you may develop permanent creases.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
That's really nice, but waaay too rich for my blood! I'll have to keep using my Reflectix!

Here is the one on our coach. I made it at the last minute before we left this summer. The material I had on hand and the magnets I purchased on Amazon for $50. Took me about 2 hours.

It doesn't quite cover the whole windshield, but the temperature change was dramatic!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WindshieldCover.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	300051  
2015 Itasca Sunova 30A, Brazel Ultra RV Tune, Safe-T-Plus, Sumo Springs on front, CHF, Hellwig Endlinks, SuperSteer track (Panhard) bar, Roadmaster rear sway bar, Koni Shocks, 900 w. solar, Battle Born House batteries, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Ford Escape PHEV and DW.
waterman480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
The material was textilene left over from making shades for my boats. Unfortunately it is only 48" wide and 80% blockage. When we return to Florida, I will buy just enough 60" / 90% to do the job - should be less than $50 as well.
2015 Itasca Sunova 30A, Brazel Ultra RV Tune, Safe-T-Plus, Sumo Springs on front, CHF, Hellwig Endlinks, SuperSteer track (Panhard) bar, Roadmaster rear sway bar, Koni Shocks, 900 w. solar, Battle Born House batteries, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Ford Escape PHEV and DW.
waterman480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #54
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
What if u have to replace a windshield or half of a split windshield? Where does one get replacement magnets and the approximate cost for same? Being that rv windshields are rock magnets, I see this as a concern. Someone I know has unfortunately has (3) in the last couple of yrs.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:21 PM   #55
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If the shade is Magne Shade, then contact them for replacement magnets. I'd think, if you were a customer of theirs & lost part/all of your windshield, they'd help you out.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:32 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman480 View Post
Here is the one on our coach. I made it at the last minute before we left this summer. The material I had on hand and the magnets I purchased on Amazon for $50. Took me about 2 hours.

It doesn't quite cover the whole windshield, but the temperature change was dramatic!

Do you think you could post a link on descriptions of the magnets you got from Amazon? It would be much appreciated!!
ccastle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, install