Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2017, 10:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoyle52 View Post
Has anyone compared insurance rates and availability
What are you insuring and what state are you in?

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2017, 11:46 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Illinois here. Had Progressive for a year, rates went up, switched to Safeco. You have to shop around and a broker works wonders.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Not necessarily because most times you will get the same quote from the web or a "company agent". They do get commission on each policy sold and each renewal and the agency gets a commission also, but these are agreed to by the agency owner and the agent.

But someone has to pony up the money to pay that commission. Most logically it comes from the insureds premiums. So. , again logically, you should be able to get a less expensive quote directly from a company than through an agent.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
How do the brokers make their money. Does their insurance cost more so they can make an income?
I have recently learned that is not necessarily true. It is true they are paid on commission. If you look at the fine print on the Progressive ads it says prices vary depending on how you buy.

I had Progressive online and when my renewal went up I went to Overland Insurance broker. In the end he got me Progressive again at the same (renewal) rate but with better coverage.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:40 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
That is the best way. You can try Overland Management Corp. and Miller Ins. Agency Inc. Lake Oswego OR
They are both brokers that may represent different company's.

Miller Ins. Agency got back with me today and they found that Safeco that I currently have with Overland was the best rate comparing many others. They came in $30 less than Overland and said maybe if they looked closer they might see why but Safeco would not allow them to write for me being I already had Safeco with another agency. They did tell me the same thing in regards that these company's are all finding they may be too low and are inching up as needed to cover claims and catch up with others. She told me I had a good policy and thought that Overland had me covered good. Check for no deductible on glass when shopping. I had one half of a split windshield replaced this yr. at zero deductible, however I pay $120 for that I found today but was told by Overland that it was included.
I'm not sure about Overland but Miller writes for about five company's and as mentioned already different states different counties and zip codes all play a role in rates and no one can compare to another.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
First stop - Check with your current automotive carrier...
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance