Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
Senior Member
Monster99's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 169
Insurance in Mass.

I'm purchasing a new TT and looking for insurance. Good Sam doesn't do Ma. Progressive only does MH in Ma. Any other suggestions. I didn't have separate insurance on the popup and when roof was ruined had no recourse. So quite interested in getting this rig insured
Monster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free! RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #2
Senior Member
jimcumminsw's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oswego IL
Posts: 2,302
Who holds your auto and homeowners insurance?
I have mine with State Farm my homeowners and auto policy holder. They paid for my claim when I had a tire failure and for the service truck to get the 5er fixed on the highway when the tire failed.

Jim W.
Jim & Jill
Sold: 2010 318SAB Cougar:New: 2016 Cedar Creek 34RL. 2008 Dodge 6.7LCummins the original 6.7L engine, w/68RFE Auto
jimcumminsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Senior Member
jplante4's Avatar
Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cape Cod Mass
Posts: 316
You need to insure a vehicle in Mass in order to get it registered. I just called State Farm and thy wrote a policy for the MH. Been with SF for 45 years. Homeowners, auto and flood for a while.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 35' - White Tiger
Cape Cod
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
Monster99's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 169
Thanks I have progressive right now but not for long. They left me hanging on my homeowners when they dropped me mid policy due to an "underwriting" decision. Just after a minor claim for roof and chimney damage from ice. I now have to finish a full year on the states"fair" plan because I was dropped mid policy. It's a pain in the a$$. Funny how they drop the homeowners but not the auto. Going to change carriers this summer.
Monster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
wa8yxm's Avatar
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,024
There are many insurance companies, Natiowide, General, GiCO, Progressive,, Some are better than others at customer service, some at customer gouging (high prices) I will not name names E-Surance is another.

Often you homeowners or existing auto policy will write for you (An existing customer) where they would not write for a newcomer.

And often you can save by bundling home, auto and RV.

But as the soung is titled: SHOP AROUND.

Now if you need an attorney in MA,, There I can help you (My sister (And no, I will not post her name).
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Gary RVRoamer's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: West Palm Beach, FL. USA
Posts: 26,749
Most insurers will write an add-on to the car policy for the trailer, but they won't do a trailer by itself. When you shop, tell them that you need both.
Gary Brinck
Former owner of 2004 American Tradition and several other RVs
Home is West Palm Beach, FL
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #7
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: ct
Posts: 252
try geico but call them don't use internet its more
edsperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #8
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 93
My agent does all the shopping for me. Truck and trailer were with Travelers of MA but she just changed us over to Safety so we have the 3 vehicles and the trailer on one policy and we have the house under Safety as well to get the discounts. Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RV / Motorhome insurance JEFFOH Class A Motorhome Discussions 22 09-28-2015 06:37 PM
Out Of Country Health Insurance pops2 Full-Timers 6 10-01-2014 06:56 AM
Auto Insurance in Canada Djwhitesr Navigation, Routes & Roads 5 08-21-2014 12:49 PM
Private health insurance alternative deefromlv Full-Timers 4 07-11-2014 10:05 AM
Health insurance supplement insurance jacks647 General Discussion 29 04-16-2014 05:18 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.