Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2004, 06:12 AM   #1

Hi. Our new 2004 Journey has a beautiful living room in blues. go into the bedroom and you are accosted by a combination of gold/yellow/green/black/red designed bedspread and BIG blue floral pattern on white window toppings and headboard. Did they all come out this way or is because ours was one of the last off the assembly line? I am paying $300 for new material that matches the living room so I can redo the bedroom correctly. Any others have this problem?
KathiE-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2004, 06:12 AM   #2

Interior decorating or lack thereof??

Hi. Our new 2004 Journey has a beautiful living room in blues. go into the bedroom and you are accosted by a combination of gold/yellow/green/black/red designed bedspread and BIG blue floral pattern on white window toppings and headboard. Did they all come out this way or is because ours was one of the last off the assembly line? I am paying $300 for new material that matches the living room so I can redo the bedroom correctly. Any others have this problem?
KathiE-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:09 PM   #3

Sounds like their interior designer had a few too may drinks I'd call the factory and tell them you want the material for FREE. After all that soounds awful, IMHO Hope your scheme works out better. Ours is all tan in color, so I went with green accents and of course outhouse wallpaper (border)in bathroom! Every one loves it.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 07:06 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
How do you keep the wallpaper up?.

Factory, as well as ours, has not stayed up in the hot.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:12 AM   #5

We had the border prints around the kitchen. It started peeling within a few weeks.... I finally just removed it. Not much of it was showing anyway because it was just above the counter and my appliances, etc. covered it up.

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:37 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I'm bringing this old topic back to life. How have you individualized your rv? The interiors all tend to look similar. I have hung some things on the wall but I have not been very sucessful in keeping them up. The change in temperature makes the adhesives fail. Maybe it's time to just put some nails in the wall.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:28 AM   #7

Hey thanks Lynn, I never saw the posts because we were on vacation the month of July last year. Boy that seems so long ago. I used prepasted wallpaper and also added wallpaper glue you "paint" on. It has held up after too many showers, hot/cold. Summer/winter Hope my answer was not to late.

DH (Larry) <><
Old 03-30-2005, 01:21 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
One of our Moderators who didn't want to be caught in the ladies section said "I just fixed my border using 3M Spray Adhesive. you only have to use a little to avoid overspray. Regarding pictures you have to use nails or hooks and place some of that sticky gum stuff on the bottom to stop them from swaying. Don't worry about the holes ,it has no impact on trade or sales value." I guess I will put some nails in the wall so I don't have to keep picking the stuff off the floor and re-applying to the wall.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:02 PM   #9

Lynn that wasn't Rusty was it????? We caught him here a couple of times.

DH (Larry) <><
Old 03-31-2005, 04:32 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
No it wasn't Rusty. But I think our razzing of Rusty made this moderator a little gun shy.
I haven't had any wall paper that has come off but we don't live in the humid part of the country.
One thing I have done is add accent pillows to the couch. Also changed out the bedspread that came with. It was very stiff. We use a down comforter with a duvet cover.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:36 PM   #11

I've had several Winnebagos and have disliked the bedspreads/pillow covers in each of them. I've taken them off the beds and stored them in a closet in my home where they stay clean. They go back in the MH when it is traded.
I coordinate a quilt and pillow shams with the color of the bed room. This works nicely and looks good. I also try to coordinate towels and bath cloths but find this doesn't work so well because three of us travel together and I find that giving each person a different color towel/bath cloth makes identification of each person's towel, etc. easier.
I usually purchase quilts and pillow shams at Target. The quilts/pillow shams are of good quality and wash easily. They are not too expensive so I can change them if I need to.
Annie K and Sparky
03 Journey DL 36LD
04 Saturn L300W toad
Doggievet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:48 PM   #12

Yep, I took the bedspread off and stored it under the bed. I bought a lightweight one that could be washed, and washed, and washed. Have 2 dogs who think it is their bed and give us a little room

DH (Larry) <><
Old 04-01-2005, 03:38 AM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
The other change I made right away was to take down the day/night shades in the bedroom and replace them with room darkening pull shades. I don't like light coming into the bedroom in the morning. I really don't like the day/night shades anyway. I have one with a broken string and I will have to dis-assemble the entire window treatment in order to get it out of there in order to fix it. AND I find them a pain to put up and down. I don't see why they are considered an upgrade.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:50 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Borders an wall paper have been problems for everyone at times. When Mfg's peel off I will replace with a more decorative border an I will use a good "vinyl" glue that comes in a tube, to prepaste the border. you will roll it out an remove excess with wet sponge. Home Depot or wall paper store will have the glue.

While your at HD they have brass back plates to put behind your draw an cabinet handles so you Lady's do not scratch the finish off cabinet door with your long finger nails, you can save them for Hubby. If you put on plates pick up some longer screws, plates cost about $2, better than the ones I got at Newmar.

Also I never liked the plastic towel racks, toilet paper dispenser, I have brass bath faucets so I got new brass hooks,rings,towel racks an dispensers, have two baths.

Pictures yes we have them young children, birds, landscape scenes, grand kids, hung up with nails an velcro strips. Put a nail in wrong place, plug up hole with wax crayon will never see the hole. Thomas Kincade wall clock, you change the four seasons scenes, reminds me have to change to spring scene.
I have also added window sills for all my wifes collectables.

If you really want to get into something install a DVD surround sys. but thats for another project. Have fun fixin.---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote