Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2016, 03:27 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
My questioning of the dealer is about the cost per tire. $1728.00 for a six wheel vehicle. Playing on a persons fears is not equal to providing great customer service.
X2
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2016, 05:08 AM   #16

Maybe in a farm tractor tire.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:07 AM   #17

During a period when my facility was recycling wood pallets, we were plagued with flat tires. Grinding the pallets released nails everywhere.

We pumped that same stuff in to our pickups and small wheel loader tires and it worked.

It also worked like balance beads. We put a bit to much in one pickup and it altered the tire balance enough to make it un-driveable above 30 MPH. Oops.

Anytime we got a large puncture or cut, we had to throw the tire away because once the tire was broke down and cleaned out, there were just to many nails to dig out and holes to patch. The nail heads would wear away and get pushed deep in the rubber. I have seen where objects lodged in the tread of the tire, pierce the inner liner in multiple spots.

Of course this was an extreme situation but it gave us some inside of what could go wrong with its use.

IMHO, I would rather know that I have something in my tire sooner then drive on it as it does more damage.

As far as price, I believe most of that is an insurance policy. They know it won't seal a cut in the tire.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
My questioning of the dealer is about the cost per tire. $1728.00 for a six wheel vehicle. Playing on a persons fears is not equal to providing great customer service.
Most tire stores offer (sell) road hazard insurance when you buy tires. When you buy a new car they offer tire insurance. It is just like all insurance. Don't need it, then it was a waste of money. Used it, then you crow about the service.

Up selling does not make someone dishonest. Some people want the service.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:17 AM   #19

I seen this same stuff at a farm show. I actually stopped to look at it because we have an old pay loader with crap tires. They keep gong flat. I can buy 4 used tires for the price it would have cost to use this and no guarantee it will hold.

Use to use a similar product on different implements around the farm. Sure it wold hold for a while. Until you park it for a while with the hole at the top of the tire. The goop leaks to the bottom. Tire goes flat.

Another problem with it. I would never use this in a vehicle that runs down the road. I live in Nebraska. its gets cold here in the winter. That goop all settled down in the bottom of a tire in zero degree temps. It would be so thick and throw the tire balance off so bad you couldn't keep it on the road.

One more reason to stay away. (I believe someone else mentioned this) Once you put this garbage in your tire you can forget about anyone ever wanting to put a patch in it.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Maybe in a farm tractor tire.
NOPE not even in a farm tractor tire.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:33 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
My RV dealer wants $288 per 22.5" tire to install sealant (Products | Superior Tire Sealants), which includes a 5 year replacement guarantee. Do you think that is worth it?
RV Vagabond
My advice is this: FIND ANOTHER RV DEALER!
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
I seen this same stuff at a farm show. I actually stopped to look at it because we have an old pay loader with crap tires. They keep gong flat. I can buy 4 used tires for the price it would have cost to use this and no guarantee it will hold.

Use to use a similar product on different implements around the farm. Sure it wold hold for a while. Until you park it for a while with the hole at the top of the tire. The goop leaks to the bottom. Tire goes flat.

Another problem with it. I would never use this in a vehicle that runs down the road. I live in Nebraska. its gets cold here in the winter. That goop all settled down in the bottom of a tire in zero degree temps. It would be so thick and throw the tire balance off so bad you couldn't keep it on the road.

One more reason to stay away. (I believe someone else mentioned this) Once you put this garbage in your tire you can forget about anyone ever wanting to put a patch in it.
Same experience with my tractor. When I did remove the offending tire, that stuff went everywhere. What a mess. I would never consider putting it in my motorhome tires.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:57 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Worth ti to who?? The buyer or the seller??

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Again, includes tire warranty. While that is a bit pricey even with warranty, Im sure its negotiable. Then I thought what does coach net cost for five years or better yet, how much is a tow? I've heard of tows on big class A's where the tow company wouldnt breath on it for less than 500.00 not to mention the possible damage to the coach, inconvenience and safety issues while being stranded. Whats it worth not to be stranded on the side of the highway for 5 hours? How about the cost when a flat takes out the bodywork on a coach or sends you into the ditch? Lots to be considered here and it sure seems like a better product than others that have been on the market.
You would buy this stuff instead of Coach-Net? A lot of good that would have done me when I locked my keys in my car and Coach-Net sent a locksmith for free. Or when I got my coach stuck in the mud and they sent a wrecker to tow me for free. Or when my batteries were dead and Coach-Net got me going. Or when I had a front tire blowout and Coach-Net had a new tire installed on my coach within 2 hours. Yeah, buy the tire goop and save your money on Coach-Net. Then pray!
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
My RV dealer wants $288 per 22.5" tire to install sealant (Products | Superior Tire Sealants), which includes a 5 year replacement guarantee. Do you think that is worth it?
It sounds like a good deal, RV dealers are informative professional personnel that know what they selling. Just think of the children. Besides what could possibly go wrong?

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:52 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Also, the cost is not just for the sealant but also for the extended warranty they give you on the tires. I would also bet the price is negotiable like everything else.
The dealer probably has to include an extended warranty on the tires because unless some tire manufacturers have changed their policies adding any kind of internal sealant voids the factory warranty. Adding this type of goo also creates balancing problems as previously noted.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #27

My grandson put some sealer in my bike tires without telling me. First time I checked the pressure the gunk destroyed my tire gauge.No thanks.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
In one word........NO

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal