Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2011, 04:29 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is it me or does this rally sound expensive

Cost: Club member motor home with two (2) people / $449 • Club member motor home with one (1)
person / $269 • Non-member motor home with two (2) people / $649 • Non-member motor home with one (1) person / $469
• Each additional guest / $175 Total Cost: (Payment must accompany application) $

Cost Includes: 4 nights camping fee, full hookups (30 amps), several meals, entertainment and activities. Dealers will
display the latest motor homes for your viewing. Plenty of food, fun, and fellowship.

The rates for that time at that campground are normally 48 for W/E and 57 for W/E/S and Cable.

At that price do they serve breakfast in bed?
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2011, 04:53 AM   #2

I think I would miss that rally, or go and use another RV park that is close by. I have noticed that when one uses the word "RALLY" and it involves an invitation to attend, the price tends to be expensive.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
What is included in the Rally fee's? With dinners, breakfast, entertainment and activities it could be a bargain. What Rally is it?
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #4

These large rallys are money making affairs for the people putting them on. Yes the fees are high and so is everything else connected with these rallys. Also the mob scene is not for me.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wasn't the club member price of that one kinda close to the price of the iRV2 national rally last year? I know that included meals and a train ride, in addition to your stay, so it was kind of a better bargain.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Like previously posted, it all depends on what is included in the fee. I've paid more and I've paid less. I attend a rally because of the people that will be there. As to those saying the rallies are money makers, ha, ha, ha. I host rallies and it always comes out to break even or I foot the deficit. If you'd take all the rallies I've hosted (since 2005), I'm in the hole over $1K.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralper View Post
These large rallys are money making affairs for the people putting them on.
That's painting with an awfully broad brush, isn't it?? Would you like to know how much I've paid out of pocket in the 10+ years that my wife (Madame Boomer) has been wagonmaster of the Texas Boomers? I can guarantee you, she doesn't do what she does for the money, even though the Boomers doubled her salary this year....2 x $0.00 = $0.00

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

A large rally with meals, cocktail hours, and nightly entertainment can be pretty pricey, but $400+ is still steep. We've been to some very nice affairs for under $300 a couple. Don't do that often either, but once in awhile we splurge.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We went to the Affinity Rally in Louisvile last year, and we really enjoyed it, glad we went. It's too far away this year, but we plan to go next year when it will be held in Georgia.

Where else you gonna be able to kick your shoes off and check out a $2 million dollar rig?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #10

In addition to the usual CG fee, entertainment, included meals, etc.; the rally organizers must also carry liability insurance, expenses for printing, phone calls, reserving travel arrangements, anticipating how many attendees will be interested in what is projected and coordinating with those venues, etc., which all fall under the organizing umbrella. . So what we as attendees see is not the whole picture. I've never been associated with organizing a rally, but I have seen some of the hard ongoing work while the rally is happening.
I do not know what rally you are talking about, but our upcoming irv2.com national rally also helps defray the costs associated with this free website for us to communicate with other RVer's and discuss RV related issues, simple conversation, chat rooms, etc. Internet bandwidth, and associated hardware, is not cheap, buy too little and the website will not succeed, buy too much and you are wasting a precious resource_money.
I suspect the rally you mention is in a similar scenario.
BTW, we can't hardly wait until September 25 for our national rally!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmiles View Post
Where else you gonna be able to kick your shoes off and check out a $2 million dollar rig?
Um....The dealership?
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This rally is for one of the clubs sponsored by the Motorhome manufacturer. No forum associated with it.

Dealer displays so they can sell motorhomes to you...

The campground fees for that time are W/E/S 55.00 for two people

So it's costing 50 bucks for all the amenities, after the normal camping rate, if you go by yourself but a second person is 180 more?? lol
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Everyone has their hand out....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #14

Having more information makes my first reply irrelevant, Sorry you didn't include details in your OP.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote