Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2021, 04:25 PM   #141

RV industry won't die. As long as someone's buying, someone's selling.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2021, 04:35 PM   #142

There will always be a need…

…for petroleum fuels. I don’t see it going away any time soon even if it did.
The petroleum companies aren’t going to give it up that easily.
Travel on, my Friend! And, enjoy!!

Scotty D
Old 07-25-2021, 04:38 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
there seems to be a cultural shift away from individual freedom of lifestyle choices
That's simply not true. If anything there has been a cultural and legal shift towards more individual freedom of lifestyle choices. An obvious one that comes to mind are culture attitudes and laws around marriage.

In most "free" countries, you're pretty much free to do what you like and probably more free than many people were 100 years ago but that doesn't extend to doing something that screws things up for others either in the present or the future.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmp View Post
I heard that CA is asking people to not charge their electric cars because it's to much of a drain on the already over used electric grid. And with the fires, drought and all the reservoirs are dangerously low so electric production is down.
So now what?
I live in Southern California and have an electric car and have never heard that CA is asking people not to charge their cars. What they do is charge me a higher rate for daytime charging vs nighttime charging, but that is because I elected for the plan for cheap nighttime rates, when my car would typically be plugged in.

As the old axiom states, “the best solution for high prices is high prices”. Same thing with electricity.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:47 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetranz View Post
Elected representatives and governments make the laws, not "environmentalists".
Some of them are one in the same!
Old 07-25-2021, 04:51 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post

This country sits on more natural energy than the entire Middle East combined, yet we are now net importers again. That’s the crime in all of this.
Actually the USA is a net EXPORTER of energy. We have been for the last 8 years.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
I have a prius prime plug in hybrid.
I plug it in every night and it
gets 95 empg. Which seems unreal to me. we also have a big
honkin ram diesel dually. it gets
19 around town and 12 towing
the camper. The prius in electric
mode is way more torquey than
in gas mode. I honestly beleive
they can up the game and make a 3500 a hybrid diesel electric.
or fully electric.. and still pull
a camper quite smartly.
There is just not enough demand. We are certainly headed
in the right direction. I beleive they will allow you to drive your class A or my ram dually as
long as we can. Grandfathered
like a 64 GTO with no pollution
control.
The electric F150 is coming that will change the adoption of EVs in a big way. I have driven an electric truck test mule, and if Ford with its best selling vehicle can make it drive like the electric truck I drove, they will sell millions upon millions of them.

But I will take the 64 GTO (in a convertible please) over any electric car!
Old 07-25-2021, 05:10 PM   #148

I Fear all you just stated pertaining to California is Dead Right. I and many others are considering moving to other states. L.K..
Old 07-25-2021, 05:20 PM   #149

Monaco Owners Club
I heard that the world is going to end in 12 years anyway if we don’t cure global warming. Sorry, that was climate change. That was about 3 years ago.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:25 PM   #150

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
Actually the USA is a net EXPORTER of energy. We have been for the last 8 years.
The US was energy independent a year ago, but that all changed in January. The US has stopped a lot of drilling and producing energy. Oregon has even shut down coal fired power plants without anything to replace them. Brown outs and black outs to follow
Old 07-25-2021, 05:58 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Thompson View Post
The US was energy independent a year ago, but that all changed in January. The US has stopped a lot of drilling and producing energy. Oregon has even shut down coal fired power plants without anything to replace them. Brown outs and black outs to follow
You are correct. Thanks for typing it all out.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM   #152

They will get rid of RV’s when they get rid of firearms. At that point, your only concern will be finding food.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:11 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmp View Post
I heard that CA is asking people to not charge their electric cars because it's to much of a drain on the already over used electric grid. And with the fires, drought and all the reservoirs are dangerously low so electric production is down.
So now what?
Actually, California regulatory powers that be requested that people with battery electric vehicles (BEVs) charge their vehicles during off peak hours. Here in Northern CA in PG&E territory, peak usage hours are between 3:00 PM and 9:00 PM. OK to charge BEVs during all other hours. In our case, having solar panels on our roof top and two Tesla Powerwalls for backup and programmed to provide 100% of our household power needs, including AC, during peak power hours, we actually sell our excess power production from our solar panels back to PG&E. Bottom line, with a little planning, we can go all electric and still add our excess power back into the grid.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:19 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPatrick View Post
Actually, California regulatory powers that be requested that people with battery electric vehicles (BEVs) charge their vehicles during off peak hours. Here in Northern CA in PG&E territory, peak usage hours are between 3:00 PM and 9:00 PM. OK to charge BEVs during all other hours. In our case, having solar panels on our roof top and two Tesla Powerwalls for backup and programmed to provide 100% of our household power needs, including AC, during peak power hours, we actually sell our excess power production from our solar panels back to PG&E. Bottom line, with a little planning, we can go all electric and still add our excess power back into the grid.
Nice system. One of the local model X owners here did that. Sells his surplus back to the grid about 6 months of the year. Charges both his EV’s as well. Says over the year it’s pretty much of a break even thing as in the winter he gets a small bill. Less winter sun here in BC. Our townhouse Strata is getting a presentation on feasibility in the fall. Should be interesting. But hydro is super cheap here so i think the numbers are a little tougher. Guess we’ll see.
Closed Thread

Tags
rving