Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2020, 01:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
Sounds like you're making a mountain out of a molehill. As I explained in detail in my earlier post I have done this twice. Once as a buyer in your exact cash buyer/bank loan seller situation, and once as a seller in a cash-cash deal.
I would love to do it the same as yours as a cash buyer but now in FL title is electronically with the state, only thing I would get is the seller's liens satisfaction and paid in full from the sellers bank. His bank has to send liens release to the FHSMV, I have to wait for 2 weeks for the title. I dont want to count on my blessings as a millions things can be happened during this 2 week period (dead, incompetence, divorces, change minds, nowhere to be found...etc).
Windfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 01:16 PM   #16

I was looking at buying a car and found Escrow.com. I didn’t use it but it had some good reviews. The cost is relatively ok and they work with items that have liens on them as well.

Good luck!
Old 09-23-2020, 10:17 AM   #17

Thank you all, I will look into escrow.com.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windfollower View Post
Yes, I will pick it up myself. Deposit done, level 2 inspected done, now seller does not have a whole sum $$$ to pay off his lien in order obtain the title. Due to huge chunk of $$$, I cant wire to him when there is nothing guarantee
Ask your states dmv about a transport plate.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:06 PM   #19

Note if you pick up in Florida, the Florida DMV will want you to pay Florida sales tax on the coach, which you may or may not get credit for in your home state depending on if they have a reciprocal agreement with Florida on sales tax. I bought my current coach form a private seller in Florida, and found out about this in the process. Thankfully my state (Louisiana) does have such agreement, but at the time a few states, including some in region did not (North Carolina and Mississippi were not on the list at the time) See https://www.vertexinc.com/resources/...tate-residents though confirm the list is up to date as it changes year to year.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Note if you pick up in Florida, the Florida DMV will want you to pay Florida sales tax on the coach, which you may or may not get credit for in your home state depending on if they have a reciprocal agreement with Florida on sales tax. I bought my current coach form a private seller in Florida, and found out about this in the process. Thankfully my state (Louisiana) does have such agreement, but at the time a few states, including some in region did not (North Carolina and Mississippi were not on the list at the time) See https://www.vertexinc.com/resources/...tate-residents though confirm the list is up to date as it changes year to year.
Thank you Isaac-1! This is very helpful and should be an article for discussion for future buyers. I found an interesting document regarding this matter.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

There are two steps to this problem:

1. You make two payments, one payable to the lien holder and the seller for the balance of the loan, and the second to the seller alone for any difference between the selling price an the lien amount. That makes sure everybody gets paid properly.

2. The release of the lien on the title is harder to handle. In some states the lender processes a release of lien document that notifies the state that the title has been cleared. Then, and only then, can the seller sign over the title to you. In other states the lender may have physical possession of the title and can hand it over, but they will not do that until the lien payoff has been verified. That takes 2-3 days even with a cashiers check because they withhold the title or release until the paying bank releases the funds. In other words, you can't get the title instantly at the lending bank. In either case you are in legal limbo until the payment clears and the seller signs off on the title.

That's what escrow is designed to handle, a neutral 3rd party holds the funds and paperwork until everything clears.

When I sold my coach to an out-of-state buyer paying cash, he paid off my lienholder and I gave him a signed bill of sale stating that I would deliver a clear & signed title within 7 business days; he agreed to that. He had been to my house multiple times and decided he could trust me to deliver the title (and I did).
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #22

To follow up on that, title processing can take WAY longer than that in some states, we line in Louisiana near the Texas state line, and my wife has bought her last 2 cars from dealers in Texas, both times it took the Texas DMV 5-6 weeks to process the title and send it to us in Louisiana.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, motorhome, scr, service