RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-21-2020, 11:45 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Is there Attorney or Escrow services for Motorhome purchasing?

Im purchasing a DP from private seller in Florida and seller has a lien (still owe the bank), is there an Attorney or Escrow services to handle the transaction in Florida? Is there any other third party to handle the process? TIA
Windfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 05:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 724
If your doing a long distance purchase I would first talk to the lien holder and more importantly have a survey performed on the motorhome. A survey will hopefully will eliminate anything disappointing at delivery. It might cost money upfront but you could end up spending money without it on undisclosed problem s.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
Senior Member


 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 170
In my experience, this transaction is normally handled between your bank and the lien holder bank. You authorize your bank to wire the total purchase price to the lienholder bank. They payoff the lien, release the title back to your bank and pay the seller the balance of the purchase price. Most banks are experienced in handling this type of transaction, not so much on motorhomes, but on large equipment sales. Question on how you are going to take possession of the unit and are you confident as to the condition of the unit?
__________________
Keith & Carol Winfield
2013 Entegra Anthem w/ Ford F150 FMCA-F211651
Starkville, MS - Home of Mississippi State University
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 124
Yes, let your back work for you and let them do the talking to the owners bank. I am sure you are not paying with a attache case full of cash... so monies coming from your account will only require your blessings!! PS... do inspect and know what you are purchasing. Good Luck
lrgomez1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi View Post
In my experience, this transaction is normally handled between your bank and the lien holder bank. You authorize your bank to wire the total purchase price to the lienholder bank. They payoff the lien, release the title back to your bank and pay the seller the balance of the purchase price. Most banks are experienced in handling this type of transaction, not so much on motorhomes, but on large equipment sales. Question on how you are going to take possession of the unit and are you confident as to the condition of the unit?

Good answer.


There are really TWO separate questions: Have you done your due diligence in terms of condition, ownership and price?


How to transact the $$/title. This part is easy as stated above-- your bank to his bank after you have confirmed "payoff amount" with an officer at the bank where it is currently financed.
__________________
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38FDDS. Ex: 1997 Safari Sahara. Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240
wolfe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl.swoyer View Post
If your doing a long distance purchase I would first talk to the lien holder and more importantly have a survey performed on the motorhome. A survey will hopefully will eliminate anything disappointing at delivery. It might cost money upfront but you could end up spending money without it on undisclosed problem s.
Yes, Im a long distance buyer from CA, level 2 inspection done. The issue now is im paying cash and seller has a lien
Windfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi View Post
In my experience, this transaction is normally handled between your bank and the lien holder bank. You authorize your bank to wire the total purchase price to the lienholder bank. They payoff the lien, release the title back to your bank and pay the seller the balance of the purchase price. Most banks are experienced in handling this type of transaction, not so much on motorhomes, but on large equipment sales. Question on how you are going to take possession of the unit and are you confident as to the condition of the unit?
Seller has no problem for me to take the possession of the DP, the issue is Im paying cash and his bank is holding title. FYI, inspection is performed and satisfied.
Windfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgomez1976 View Post
Yes, let your back work for you and let them do the talking to the owners bank. I am sure you are not paying with a attache case full of cash... so monies coming from your account will only require your blessings!! PS... do inspect and know what you are purchasing. Good Luck
Sadly, Im paying cash but in this case I have to find the lender to do a loan and let them to handle the transaction. Thanks!
Windfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windfollower View Post
Yes, Im a long distance buyer from CA, level 2 inspection done. The issue now is im paying cash and seller has a lien
I did this when I lived in NJ and purchased in GA. After setting a meeting up in advance with the buyer's lien holder, I took a bank check made out to myself for the entire purchase price. The lien holder contacted my bank to confirm that a) I was a known customer; and b) that my check was cut by the bank. I flew to GA, did a test drive and then the seller and I went to meet with his lien holder and we closed the deal and I got the keys and title.

The lien holder was fine with my check or I would have set up an EFT to do the same thing, just a bit more waiting around for the money to arrive once it is requested. I used this method when I sold that RV to someone from CA.
__________________
Dave
2018 Era 170A
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windfollower View Post
Yes, Im a long distance buyer from CA, level 2 inspection done. The issue now is im paying cash and seller has a lien
Make a deposit. Pay the balance at delivery. Your picking it up yourself correct.
There's a transport scam going on. The way at work is they say they will deliver the motorhome RV whatever it is to you for a fixed figure last guy I knew lost $3,500 in this scam you pay them for the delivery and then they never go pick it up and then you can't do any recourse because you can't find the business anymore. Be very careful.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl.swoyer View Post
Make a deposit. Pay the balance at delivery. Your picking it up yourself correct.
There's a transport scam going on. The way at work is they say they will deliver the motorhome RV whatever it is to you for a fixed figure last guy I knew lost $3,500 in this scam you pay them for the delivery and then they never go pick it up and then you can't do any recourse because you can't find the business anymore. Be very careful.
Yes, I will pick it up myself. Deposit done, level 2 inspected done, now seller does not have a whole sum $$$ to pay off his lien in order obtain the title. Due to huge chunk of $$$, I cant wire to him when there is nothing guarantee
Windfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:47 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Enjoying the Western States!
Posts: 12,407
Since he has a deposit can you fly there to complete the transaction with the banks?

Or... have you talked to your bank for help?
__________________
Full-timed for 16 Years . . .
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th wheel
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfollower View Post
Yes, I will pick it up myself. Deposit done, level 2 inspected done, now seller does not have a whole sum $$$ to pay off his lien in order obtain the title. Due to huge chunk of $$$, I cant wire to him when there is nothing guarantee
Sounds like you're making a mountain out of a molehill. As I explained in detail in my earlier post I have done this twice. Once as a buyer in your exact cash buyer/bank loan seller situation, and once as a seller in a cash-cash deal.
__________________
Dave
2018 Era 170A
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
His bank is not local in FL, its in OH.
Windfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
motor, motorhome, scr, service



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I heard that there are services that will move your fifth wheel for you dutch99 5th Wheel Discussion 11 12-03-2019 07:27 AM
Any Great NEW Products or Services Out There? RVBlogger iRV2.com General Discussion 9 07-14-2019 08:53 AM
Sellng privately- Title and/or Escrow Companies OWV iRV2.com General Discussion 6 11-22-2017 07:23 PM
Escrow or Not? burtcooper iRV2.com General Discussion 12 08-28-2017 09:38 PM
ACC Warranty Services Group LLC & Formal Action by Indiana Attorney General CyHawk iRV2.com General Discussion 2 09-02-2014 08:15 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.