Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2020, 11:45 PM   #1

Is there Attorney or Escrow services for Motorhome purchasing?

Im purchasing a DP from private seller in Florida and seller has a lien (still owe the bank), is there an Attorney or Escrow services to handle the transaction in Florida? Is there any other third party to handle the process? TIA
Windfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 05:42 AM   #2

If your doing a long distance purchase I would first talk to the lien holder and more importantly have a survey performed on the motorhome. A survey will hopefully will eliminate anything disappointing at delivery. It might cost money upfront but you could end up spending money without it on undisclosed problem s.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:21 AM   #3

In my experience, this transaction is normally handled between your bank and the lien holder bank. You authorize your bank to wire the total purchase price to the lienholder bank. They payoff the lien, release the title back to your bank and pay the seller the balance of the purchase price. Most banks are experienced in handling this type of transaction, not so much on motorhomes, but on large equipment sales. Question on how you are going to take possession of the unit and are you confident as to the condition of the unit?
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #4

Yes, let your back work for you and let them do the talking to the owners bank. I am sure you are not paying with a attache case full of cash... so monies coming from your account will only require your blessings!! PS... do inspect and know what you are purchasing. Good Luck
lrgomez1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi View Post
In my experience, this transaction is normally handled between your bank and the lien holder bank. You authorize your bank to wire the total purchase price to the lienholder bank. They payoff the lien, release the title back to your bank and pay the seller the balance of the purchase price. Most banks are experienced in handling this type of transaction, not so much on motorhomes, but on large equipment sales. Question on how you are going to take possession of the unit and are you confident as to the condition of the unit?

Good answer.

There are really TWO separate questions: Have you done your due diligence in terms of condition, ownership and price?

How to transact the $$/title. This part is easy as stated above-- your bank to his bank after you have confirmed "payoff amount" with an officer at the bank where it is currently financed.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl.swoyer View Post
If your doing a long distance purchase I would first talk to the lien holder and more importantly have a survey performed on the motorhome. A survey will hopefully will eliminate anything disappointing at delivery. It might cost money upfront but you could end up spending money without it on undisclosed problem s.
Yes, Im a long distance buyer from CA, level 2 inspection done. The issue now is im paying cash and seller has a lien
Old 09-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi View Post
Seller has no problem for me to take the possession of the DP, the issue is Im paying cash and his bank is holding title. FYI, inspection is performed and satisfied.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgomez1976 View Post
Yes, let your back work for you and let them do the talking to the owners bank. I am sure you are not paying with a attache case full of cash... so monies coming from your account will only require your blessings!! PS... do inspect and know what you are purchasing. Good Luck
Sadly, Im paying cash but in this case I have to find the lender to do a loan and let them to handle the transaction. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windfollower View Post
Yes, Im a long distance buyer from CA, level 2 inspection done. The issue now is im paying cash and seller has a lien
I did this when I lived in NJ and purchased in GA. After setting a meeting up in advance with the buyer's lien holder, I took a bank check made out to myself for the entire purchase price. The lien holder contacted my bank to confirm that a) I was a known customer; and b) that my check was cut by the bank. I flew to GA, did a test drive and then the seller and I went to meet with his lien holder and we closed the deal and I got the keys and title.

The lien holder was fine with my check or I would have set up an EFT to do the same thing, just a bit more waiting around for the money to arrive once it is requested. I used this method when I sold that RV to someone from CA.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windfollower View Post
Make a deposit. Pay the balance at delivery. Your picking it up yourself correct.
There's a transport scam going on. The way at work is they say they will deliver the motorhome RV whatever it is to you for a fixed figure last guy I knew lost $3,500 in this scam you pay them for the delivery and then they never go pick it up and then you can't do any recourse because you can't find the business anymore. Be very careful.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl.swoyer View Post
Make a deposit. Pay the balance at delivery. Your picking it up yourself correct.
There's a transport scam going on. The way at work is they say they will deliver the motorhome RV whatever it is to you for a fixed figure last guy I knew lost $3,500 in this scam you pay them for the delivery and then they never go pick it up and then you can't do any recourse because you can't find the business anymore. Be very careful.
Yes, I will pick it up myself. Deposit done, level 2 inspected done, now seller does not have a whole sum $$$ to pay off his lien in order obtain the title. Due to huge chunk of $$$, I cant wire to him when there is nothing guarantee
Old 09-22-2020, 11:47 AM   #12

Since he has a deposit can you fly there to complete the transaction with the banks?

Or... have you talked to your bank for help?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by windfollower View Post
Yes, I will pick it up myself. Deposit done, level 2 inspected done, now seller does not have a whole sum $$$ to pay off his lien in order obtain the title. Due to huge chunk of $$$, I cant wire to him when there is nothing guarantee
Sounds like you're making a mountain out of a molehill. As I explained in detail in my earlier post I have done this twice. Once as a buyer in your exact cash buyer/bank loan seller situation, and once as a seller in a cash-cash deal.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #14

His bank is not local in FL, its in OH.

Tags
motor, motorhome, scr, service