Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #15

it will work but ...

I have two and a half pages of notes of places I have called and looked for the reg. I'm having no luck.

There is one on line that is 1/4 inch pipe size. Mines 3/8 but it could be adapted

I guess i could also use an RV20-L and move the reg outside the range and out of the heat zone. But that's a lot of work.

I could pay the $150 cdn for the correct one but its 2 - 8 weeks out.

So at this time i think my best bet is to keep an eye out for an RV20-LT.

BTW, i tried tapping it with a hammer. works on alternators and starters so i figured id give it a try. Not luck.
Jrm7997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #16

I had a similar issue with my stove along with it popping and sounding like a sparkler. It also affected the fridge. I had no idea there was a regulator on the stove. I did know there is one on the main tank and they have a finite life. Mine was clearly 13 years old, along with the rubber pigtail hose. Changed it out and much better.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:18 PM   #17

Gas Reg.correct part in stock
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap4009952.html
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
For that much I would just replace the stove.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:36 PM   #19

And the answer is .........

The new regulator didn't change anything. Still getting a week pulsating flame and I have to use a lighter to start the flame.

So my problem isn't the regulator or the pipes after it. I have no way of confirming the main regulator is putting out 1/2lb pressure other than the fact the fridge (low user of propane) and the HWT are working.

Any other suggestions? I might have to take this in and get it tested.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, the new regulator had a 4 - 6" spring. I took the spring out of the old regulator, a 10" spring and tried adjusting the pressure with the flame on. I expected to see the flame get bigger and smaller as I adjusted the spring tension. There wasn't much of a change. The 10" spring is definitly a stronger spring.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:45 PM   #20

How old is your rig? Did you replace the rubber pigtail too? Was it the main regulator or the stove that you replaced?
Old 08-29-2018, 11:39 PM   #21

Pigtail?

We have a new to use 2008 Winnebago 29R Sightseer. I looked up pig tail and don't think we have one. Our tank is built in and hard "piped" to the unit. I replaced the stove regulator because the other appliances are working.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrm7997 View Post
We have a new to use 2008 Winnebago 29R Sightseer. I looked up pig tail and don't think we have one. Our tank is built in and hard "piped" to the unit. I replaced the stove regulator because the other appliances are working.
Yeah mine has a short pigtail going from the tank regulator to the copper in the rest of the coach. I didn't realize it was there and it was definitely original. It may have to do with flex. Our coach is 39 ft long.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:25 PM   #23

Prblem solved. Not what anyone would have guessed. Well the pigtail respons came closest.

So I finnaly gave up because I don’t have the tools to test line pressure. I had a window shatter so while it was in I had them look for the problem. Turned out it was....................

A rubber propane line between the stove and steel pipe. It turns out it was twisted and cracked. Once replaced the three burners all provide a nice strong flame.

Thanks for your help. Hope this final respons helps someone else

Tags
gas