Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Joining An "Owner's Group"

Hi ALL !!

It's likely most of us are aware of the various "Owner's Groups or Clubs" out there such as the Airstream Club, Certain Pop-up, Truck Kamper Groups, Motor Home Groups (Hoiday Rambler, Monoco, Newmar, Beaver, etc. etc.,). Anyway, I've got a question for you. (Give it a little thought before answering..ok?):

What might be the REAL top one or two, reasons that would motivate YOU to take the actual step of joining the owner's group that would interest you???

Steve & Lynette
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lightbulb Group

Good Morning Steve and Lynette, to us it was the wish to meet OTHER RVers and learn more about the Brand. In this case NEWMAR.
We had no clue, what and who NEWMAR was and the NKK. We are members now for a few years and we like it a lot. If we stay with the brand we do not know. Right now, we have no desire to change, because we just bought a new stick place

RVgreetings
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Hi ALL !!

What might be the REAL top one or two, reasons that would motivate YOU to take the actual step of joining the owner's group that would interest you???

Steve & Lynette
If I were new to my coach and the rig was an orphan.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #4

As new owners of a Coachmen TT, we were given a 1 yr free membership in the national Coachmen group. We imediately joind a local chapter and had a great time meeting and making new friends. I eventualy served as wagonmaster, and president. We still maintain our membership. I think meeting new people and making friends and enjoying their company are the top rated things.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Two similar/related reasons -

1. The opportunity to connect with folks who have the same equipment so you can more easily solve problems that crop up with what you own.

2. The opportunity to share with other owners of equipment similar to yours the hard-won knowledge you have gained dealing with the issues that have arisen from your ownership situation.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Steve&Lynette I agree with Deaton. Owner groups are Newmar Freightliner,and Cat

Joe (Ka6bud)
ka6bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I've joined owner's groups for RVs that I was particularly interested in. I've also joined owner's groups for RVs that I actually owned.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
The occasional rally, some of the interesting prizes that show up at the rallies, in the case of the Truck Camper group, direct contact to the manufacturers.....

It costs $24 a year to be a member, don't know what alot of the other "clubs" charge, but I suspect it probably is more.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
I belong to the Pleasure-Way owners group. Cost is giving your vin # to prove you are a owner. Advantages are numerous. 1. Posts by other owners listing their problems, changes, modifications,and experiences. 2. Files uploaded to site of manuals for RV's, appliances, directions for tasks i.e. How to winterize, checklists, etc., since I am a newbie(bought the RV 1 Jul 10) all this information is very handy. I also, belong to several forums: this one and Woodall's open forum plus a couple more. Main problem is digesting all that is necessary to avoid screwups.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Hey ALL!!

Thanks for your feedback. So far it seems like a.) connecting with other folks, and, b.) discussing rig specific issues with others who own the same/similar kind of rig as you seem to be recurring "reasons" for joining an owners group. Are there more?

For those who ARE members of one of the various owners groups, do you, or have you planned travels in order to attend one or more of your group's get togethers (ie. rallies) ??

Steve & Lynette
Old 10-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I may be the lone voice of dissent here but I personally have no interest in joining any of the clubs. Maybe my reasoning has to do with my experience years ago when we had a small travel trailer and joined the local club sponsored by the trailer manufacturer. Turns out all those people did was drive 20-50 miles from home every week-end throughout the summer, camp at a commercial park, and sit around a campfire talking. It was if those people had bought an RV and didn't know what to do with it. That was NOT what we had an RV for at that time or today. We were and still are into traveling and new adventures. I can get all the interaction with fellow RV'ers I want at parks we stay at......I don't need an organized club for that.

Incidentally, I did pay for a membership in the NKK last year when I first got my new coach but really didn't get anything out of it and hadn't heard a word from them until recently when they sent me a renewal notice.
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Hey ALL!!

For those who ARE members of one of the various owners groups, do you, or have you planned travels in order to attend one or more of your group's get togethers (ie. rallies) ??

Steve & Lynette
We plan 3 to 5 trips per year to attend Dolphin Club rallies. Just got back from a rally in Chula Vista, CA.

Glenn
Old 10-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #13

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Hi ALL !!

It's likely most of us are aware of the various "Owner's Groups or Clubs" out there such as the Airstream Club, Certain Pop-up, Truck Kamper Groups, Motor Home Groups (Hoiday Rambler, Monoco, Newmar, Beaver, etc. etc.,). Anyway, I've got a question for you. (Give it a little thought before answering..ok?):

Steve & Lynette
We belonged to the Coachman club when we had a Coachman. We joined because we wanted to meet other people, and travel. With the Coachman Club, we went to national rallies in Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Indiana. We did have a good time, however, when we traded trailers, that put an end to it.

Great question.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Steve & Lynette,
I may be a bit late to this thread, but here goes my 2 cents.

1. We joined the owner's club to have something to do in the winter. Being in South Florida, I do not go too far north in the winter. The Klub provides a schedule I can plan for from November through April. The second reason is to get together with owners of the same brand of coach. After all, nobody knows your coach like someone who owns the same Brand.

2. I have and will continue to travel to Klub events that I am able to fit into my schedule. After all, I'm retired and my dance card is full!
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote