Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2021, 02:44 PM   #29

American Coach Owners Club
I’ve got 4 subscriptions and have learned that a week before they are to renew to call and simply cancel. When they ask why, say it’s too expensive. They quickly come back with the prior year’s special of $5/month for a one year contract. I did it a week ago - it only took about 15 minutes.
dukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #30
tcg

Wait, what? I can negotiate?

I have one vehicle and the app with every channel they offer(gotta have Howard and that adult channel), it costs 240 a year. I use the app in the RV and that also gets me "Alexa, play 70s on 7 on SiriusXM".

But, in the last year they did stop allowing playing on more than one device at the same time. If I'm listening to the app on my phone my wife can't listen on Alexa or her phone.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:04 PM   #31

I would not enjoy being without SXM in 3 vehicles and in-home, so I consider their charges a value for price paid.
jimheiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:08 PM   #32

They have to charge high prices to pay Howard SternJust wonder how many of us 70 plus/minus year olds listen to his channel....not me..
Old 10-07-2021, 03:23 PM   #33

What about car leasees?

My biggest complaint is that every two years I lease a new car and get 6 months free. After that I have to haggle with an agent who does not seem to understand the concept of leasing. I want to make one payment for 18 months of service and then get a new lease and start all over. Does anyone else lease but me?
Rich-in-Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #34

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
SiriusXM is just like the satellite companies. They'll charge you out the ying yang until you call them and then they'll offer a huge discount to keep your business. Kind of dishonest if you ask me. I could never operate a business that way. Offer customers the best deal all the time and keep them happy with good customer service. Oh I forgot, this is 2021. Happy camping.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:44 PM   #35

If you have a blue tooth radio in your coach and auto, cancel SiriusXM and download Pandora. It's free unless you want to listen to music without advertisements.
jimmymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I've been paying $4.99 per month for the last two years, for each of two subscriptions. I just renewed them for another 2 years at the same rate!

Me too.........

Been doing that for at least 12 years.

Never had a problem.
picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:20 PM   #37

I did the same for our 2008 GMC Yukon but the cost was $500. Best deal ever! Recently I found that the life time subscription is transferable to a new vehicle for onetime $50 transfer fee. The lifetime subscription is sadly no longer offered.
Old 10-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #38

Outdoors RV Owners Club
..for what it's worth, I received my highway robbery renewal bill for 2 cars, at $204.39 for a year. I, too, spent some time negotiating, and the best I got was 6 months for $32.24 per car = $64.48. Comes out to $5.37 per month per account. Unfortunately, they didn't have any decent one-year offers, so I have to do the dance again in less than six months, as i set a reminder in my phone to call them a couple of weeks before expiration.
X1G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:23 PM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Just cancel and within a week or two they will start sending offers to come back for $60 for the year. Both cars have Sirius and O have a portable with boom box and the mount in motorhome. We turn off 1 car when we leave for the season and turn on the portable!

2006 Dolphin 5355
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:25 PM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymc View Post
If you have a blue tooth radio in your coach and auto, cancel SiriusXM and download Pandora. It's free unless you want to listen to music without advertisements.
You can do the same if you Alexa.

2006 Dolphin 5355
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:49 PM   #41

I use Pandora. You can ask for your own songs and make a play list. It’s free
Rewarder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:50 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymc View Post

+++ on that one, exactly what we do and blue tooth to the nav/infotainment system and good to go. With T-mobile we get no commercial weekends free as wel!.