Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #15

A cassette toilet might be a good answer:

https://www.parkedinparadise.com/cassette-toilet/

I have no black tank in my A-Frame, so that's what it came with.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2019, 12:29 PM   #16

Contents of my sippy cup, a grown man drink, grey goose vodka screwdriver.

Never liked the smell of wacky tobacci.

I have a lot of other toys and things to entertain myself with, the RV just happens to be the newest one, so I ponder a lot on what "it could be".

I also like things that are multipurpose, a waterless toilet can also be used in case of an emergency, I live in California, about 50mi from Ridgecrest, we felt the last earthquake, it could have been bad.

This item only does one thing BUT, it can do it in multiple scenarios.

All of your suggestions are good and welcomed.

Thank you all.
gonzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #17

This sounds like a crappy idea to me.

Sorry......couldn't resist.
Oversoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Ya know, they Knighted the guy who invented the toilet. And nobody know or cares about the guy who invented whatever you're thinking about. What is it, a bucket? Just saying...no and yuck and why and...
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:44 PM   #19

Just thinking out loud....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
I have 3 waste tanks
1 50 gallon black
1 50 gallon grey (shower/bathroom sink)
1 28 gallon galley (kitchen sink)

All 3 tanks have individual dump valves and go to a common drain header
I installed another dump valve on the horizontal run of that common header.

With it CLOSED:
I can open black and grey for 100 gallons of waste capacity
I can open both grey/galley for 78 gallons of waste capacity
I can open black/grey/galley for 128 gallons of waste capacity
I can leave all closed and use each to their capacity

AND I did't have to get rid of my toilet .............doesn't cost me anything extra.......don't have to 'handle' waste bags then carry them thru my rig.......don't have to buy/store waste kit and trash bags to place it in.

I just hook up my sewer hose (that would still be needed for grey tanks) and pull some levers on dump valves.

Just do NOT see the benefit of the Dry Toilet

PASS!

Do you actually allow black to flow into your grey? I understand this is possible, and in reality it’s all contained, but I’m not sure I’d want to do this myself?
I’d be worried about the smaller pipe exiting the grey tank clogging with “debris”.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
Do you actually allow black to flow into your grey? I understand this is possible, and in reality it’s all contained, but I’m not sure I’d want to do this myself?
I’d be worried about the smaller pipe exiting the grey tank clogging with “debris”.
I do on occasion. Both my tanks have the same size plumbing. This dude makes it possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TwistOnValve.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	257071  
Old 08-16-2019, 01:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
A few times while boondocking our grey tank was too full and backed up into the shower.

If combining both grey and black I certainly wouldn't want black water backing up into the shower!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:48 PM   #22

The couple on the YouTube channel "The Fit RV" tried a composting toilet in their class B and decided it was not the way to go.
I have decided for our use that the black and gray tanks are the least offensive way to go. Took me awhile to get our current Class A to a standard I wanted. Has a weird T shaped black tank and did not have a tank cleaning system when we bought. I installed 2 Tornados in it and that cured the problem of getting it clean. I also installed a computer style fan in the vent pipe on the roof and this really keeps the smell out of the coach.

The only way I might do a waterless toilet is if my painter friend moves back in next door to our house and I have a good supply of 5 gallon buckets again. Then when one is full seal the lid, dispose of it properly, get a clean bucket out for use.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:13 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadman View Post
...when one is full seal the lid, dispose of it properly, get a clean bucket out for use.
Seriously??? Do you people hear yourselves? Has anyone thought this past the first 2 inches? So everybody poops and pees in the same bucket till you get towards 5 gallons, the you seal it and "dispose of it properly." How long's that gonna take to accumulate 4 to 5 gallons of human waste? Five or 6 days? A few weeks? Seriously, I don't know, tell me, please! How much stink can a 4-day old pile of poo put out, soaking in a few gallons of days old urine, in an open freaking bucket. Are you kidding me? Exactly how does one "properly" dispose of a 5 gallon bucket of human waste? Answer: Not in my trashcan, because I will shoot you and no court in the NATION will convict me. It's a 5 gallon bucket of human poo, for gosh sakes, I rest my case!

Who in their ever-loving right mind thinks any of this is a good idea???
Old 08-16-2019, 03:16 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
But then again, I freak out when my 'earth friendly' acquaintance comes over an "lets the yellow mellow". Dude, use a tree!
Old 08-16-2019, 06:33 PM   #25

This wasn't supposed to be a "good idea, bad idea" post.

The question was simple, if I wanted to, could I merge both tanks that easily?, That was it.

The only thing most took away from it was that I somehow wanted to store poop in a bucket on my headboard or kitchen counter.

No one that I know was born owning and using an RV all the time, every time, yet, I bet most of us have dragged a bucket, some bags and kitty litter out to the middle of nowhere just so we could take a pretty girl out camping with us, and if you didn't, you missed out.

Finally, it's just poop, we all grew up pooping in diaper, we all grew up cleaning poop off our kids changing their diapers and, well, we all know where this is going when we get that old.....

Thanks everyone.
gonzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:46 PM   #26

What's all the "stink" about????

It's your RV. Do what you want with it.
Oversoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
I have 3 waste tanks
1 50 gallon black
1 50 gallon grey (shower/bathroom sink)
1 28 gallon galley (kitchen sink)

All 3 tanks have individual dump valves and go to a common drain header
I installed another dump valve on the horizontal run of that common header.

With it CLOSED:
I can open black and grey for 100 gallons of waste capacity
I can open both grey/galley for 78 gallons of waste capacity
I can open black/grey/galley for 128 gallons of waste capacity
I can leave all closed and use each to their capacity

AND I did't have to get rid of my toilet .............doesn't cost me anything extra.......don't have to 'handle' waste bags then carry them thru my rig.......don't have to buy/store waste kit and trash bags to place it in.

I just hook up my sewer hose (that would still be needed for grey tanks) and pull some levers on dump valves.

Just do NOT see the benefit of the Dry Toilet

PASS!
Again, being logical, is there no end?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzzo View Post
This wasn't supposed to be a "good idea, bad idea" post.

The question was simple, if I wanted to, could I merge both tanks that easily?, That was it.

The only thing most took away from it was that I somehow wanted to store poop in a bucket on my headboard or kitchen counter.

No one that I know was born owning and using an RV all the time, every time, yet, I bet most of us have dragged a bucket, some bags and kitty litter out to the middle of nowhere just so we could take a pretty girl out camping with us, and if you didn't, you missed out.

Finally, it's just poop, we all grew up pooping in diaper, we all grew up cleaning poop off our kids changing their diapers and, well, we all know where this is going when we get that old.....

Thanks everyone.
The plumbing will handle the weight with both full of water. IMO the unknown is, will the tanks bracing/supports withstand the weight or slowly give way. That of course may be reinforced with enough money and time.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote