Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #57

How I keep track of reservations

First I always get an email. Usually not necessary but occasionally I have resorted to their email for the confirmation. Typical response is "Oh, yeah".

Second, I use RVParky for trip planning, notes about a particular campground and confirmations for my stay in ther notes section of ther app. There are many similar apps, find one you like and use it.
jcschultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #58

Well I think I’ll try a little of this and a little of that and see what works best for us.
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
RV Parky

RV Parky is a app I have on our phones and I can access if from my laptop. It’s great. During trip planning it shows how many miles between stops. Once you pick a place it shows you all the campgrounds around that area. You can set filters to only show certain types of places. You set a start date and then select the number of days for each stop. If you add or remove a night at one stop it automatically changes all the other dates. There is a note area for each stop. I add to notes for each stop I’ve made a reservation for that stop what the cost, deposit and reserved site is applicable. You can look at a map of the entire trip with each stop and once you’ve entered average fuel cost and estimated mpg it will tell total miles, number of total nights, hours driving, and total fuel cost.

I’ve been using it for several years and it is so much better than trying to keep all the info on any kind of calendar.

Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:52 PM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
And yes I always print confirmation emails and keep them as a backup hard copy.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:27 PM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't print out anything - my phone is always available, but not paper files. I use Google Drive, and either print a PDF of a confirmation email or create my own PDF with pertinent information. The PDF file name is date, then other info so that the entries sort in date order. For example, "2020-02-10 Arlington KOA CNF#123456 2 nites". My wife and I can both access the info from phone or computer.
pvcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:57 AM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi

We use an excel spreadsheet

Dates. Resort or canpground, Rate, my Rate, Savings,confirmation number, comments

I use this to track camping expense for the year

Start a new one every year
Lots of different ways.

Jim
patraveler84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:01 AM   #63

I use Google for reservation information. I have a folder in Google Drive that I call “Travel”. I put all reservation confirmation documents there filed by date, i.e., “042320 Black Rock State Park e-mail confirmation”. This is a PDF file from the G-mail confirmation that was sent to me. I also include other park info (park maps, park brochure, etc.) labeled the same way (with the date first). This puts all the reservations in chronological order in the Travel folder. I also put the reservation information on the Google calendar. I share all of this with my wife so we both can see it. I can use my phone, laptop, or tablet to access the info. I have another folder that I call “Adventures”. I move the info from the “Travel” folder to the “Adventures” folder after we leave the park so the “Travel” folder does not get cluttered.
Tupelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:51 AM   #64

Fiestatime

I'm a former meeting planner so I am probably a little OCD when it comes to details. I actually type an itinerary with dates and all details on the campgrounds (type of hook ups, amt pad and owed, directions if different tham GPS,etc) and keep it in a notebook with tabs (one for every campground). In the tabs, I have confirmation letters, places of interest in the area, etc. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but when you have been on the road for 4 months, and been in numerous campgrounds, it really helps! I also keep a spreadsheet of all campgrounds we have stayed at and anything I want to remember about them. This has been great when someone asks "have you stayed as such and such campground and how was it".
debballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:55 AM   #65

Thor Owners Club
RV trip wizard. I plan all our trips, review campgrounds and record misc. stuff on trip wizard. Easily down loads to excel, etc. downloads to my Garmin (although actually using this feature in Garmin is complex)
Harshy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:56 AM   #66

I use RVParky.com for this. I can find and research campgrounds, map the route, list the CG for each stop, and add notes for each stop. Runs on my computer and phone, so if I've got cell service, the details are always there.
sneffels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #67

Most reservations email you a confirmation. I drag all my email confirmations to a folder called Campground Reservations. I also do all my trip planning on a program called Road Trip Planner. I note the reservation site #, hookups and other info where you can keep notes regarding the route pin for each stop. If you print an itinerary of your trip, these notes will get printed also or you can just store the itinerary as a pdf and view it on your phone, iPad or computer. We travel fulltime and RoadTripPlanner is a very useful tool for planning our year and gives us a record of where we have been for later reference.
Barryengleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:17 PM   #68

I use RVTripWizard. When I make campgrond reservations, I put the information in my planned trip. Before I leave, I export the trip to Excel and print it off and store the spread sheet on my laptop.
StageCoachDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:07 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I made a couple of reservations online at state park campgrounds using my laptop. The next time I looked at the calendar on my phone, the reservations showed up there. Magic.

But a reservation I over the phone at a private campground didn't appear on the calendar on my phone. I guess the magic only goes so far.
permitwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #70

Amazing.... 69 posts on this!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping