Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2008, 07:47 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought a Gold Coast RV cover two years ago for my coach. It came with a 4 year warranty.

When I was putting the cover on my coach a couple of weeks ago, the polypropylene material on one of the side panels tore in my hand, as I was pulling the cover down. Since I still had two years to go under my warranty, I called the place that sold me the cover. They told me that Gold Coast was no longer in business (just my luck). They told me that Camco bought the line, but they didn't believe Camco was honoring Gold Coast's warranty.

I thought, what they heck, and called Camco anyway. I spoke to a very nice young lady named Lily, who explained to me that although they could not honor Gold Coast's warranty, they would offer Gold Coast customers a pro-rated price on a replacement cover. Even thought they aren't technically "honoring" Gold Coast's warranty, it amounts to the same thing, as this is exactly what Gold Coast would have done themselves anyway.

Bottom line, with proof of purchase and some emailed photos of the tear in my cover, the kind folks at Camco are offering me a replacement cover for 50% off retail. I couldn't be more pleased.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:47 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought a Gold Coast RV cover two years ago for my coach. It came with a 4 year warranty.

When I was putting the cover on my coach a couple of weeks ago, the polypropylene material on one of the side panels tore in my hand, as I was pulling the cover down. Since I still had two years to go under my warranty, I called the place that sold me the cover. They told me that Gold Coast was no longer in business (just my luck). They told me that Camco bought the line, but they didn't believe Camco was honoring Gold Coast's warranty.

I thought, what they heck, and called Camco anyway. I spoke to a very nice young lady named Lily, who explained to me that although they could not honor Gold Coast's warranty, they would offer Gold Coast customers a pro-rated price on a replacement cover. Even thought they aren't technically "honoring" Gold Coast's warranty, it amounts to the same thing, as this is exactly what Gold Coast would have done themselves anyway.

Bottom line, with proof of purchase and some emailed photos of the tear in my cover, the kind folks at Camco are offering me a replacement cover for 50% off retail. I couldn't be more pleased.

Craig

Old 08-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #3

That is excellent. Question, how is the cover working? Does it affect the paint or top of the coach at all? I have heard so many things about the covers but have not ask directly to a user. I may be in the market soon. Thanks for the heads up....Bill
Old 08-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've always used a cover. The California sun can be intense, and the cover helps to save my finish. Some people complain about covers causing paint abrasions, but I have personally never experienced this. As long as the coach is clean before the cover is applied and the cover is cinched down well, this will not happen. The tie down system that is incorporated into the Gold Coast cover was excellent, and I'm happy to say that Camco retained this when they took over the line.

I highly recommend Camco's Ultra Shield cover. It's a little on the pricey side but should last longer than the same cover manufactured by Gold Coast, since the entire cover is a woven poly, instead of just the top and end caps.

Craig