Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2018, 10:34 AM   #1

Kudos to Camping World of St. Augustine

On the first day of a month-long trip from Florida to Arizona and Utah, while going west on I-10 through Pensacola, FL, our travel trailer was side-swiped by a 3/4 ton pickup. The driver did stop and apologized profusely and he was ticketed by the FL SP. He readily admitted fault and his insurance company contacted within a few days. The damage, mostly cosmetic, was on the driver side slide. Fortunately the slide still worked fine and sealed properly, so we were able to complete our trip.

After returning home I took the trailer to our closest dealer, Camping World of St. Augustine for a repair estimate (over $4,000). They notified the insurance company with the estimate and I received a check to cover the repairs. It was agreed that CW would do the repairs, would order the parts, a corner strip on the slide that was bent in a bit and some decals. Some repainting was also involved. CW notified me when the parts arrived and we scheduled the repairs to start the same day. I made it very clear that I expected the repairs to be completed in the couple of days they quoted me. I took the trailer to them late Monday morning and they said it would be ready Wednesday. They kept their word and the body shop manager texted me Wednesday morning that it was done. I drove up and checked the repair job thoroughly before going inside. The SM and I then went back and went over the repair work together. I was satisfied with the work, paid them the amount of the estimate and left with the trailer that was fixed on time and to my satisfaction.

Since the forum tends to be full of negativity about CW I wanted to pass along what was a very positive experience for me, as have been all my experiences with three different CWs to date.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had very good service and am pleased with the Camping World in Syracuse, NY. I am always up front with my expectations and they always meet them.

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #3

Camping World, El Paso, Tx.

Last week I was camping at the Valley of Fire, BLM Campground in NM. Next site over were 3 ladies, all in their 70's. They could not get the back jacks down on the NEW 15' Jayco one of the ladies just purchased. Her FIRST RV. Had it for just a few days and this was her first trip with it. The other 2 ladies were a bit more experienced, but none could get the back jacks down.

Seeing the ladies, I walked over and asked if I could help. Yes, Please. The jacks were up so hard, I had to get a socket and my 24" breakover bar to get them to go down. My guess is they were put up with a drill or impact wrench. Jacks worked ok after I got them loose.

Next the owner, first time rv owner asked me how to turn on the frig. (Nothing a older woman hates worse is hot wine.) I went inside and showed her how to turn it on, told her it would take a bit since rv fridges are a bit slow cooling down.

Ok, next day, see her out and walked over to see how things are going. She mentioned the frig is still not cold. It has now been overnight and it should be doing something. This frig has no lights to tell it is on, so I go outside and check the plug to make sure it is hot. Dugh, the frig is not plugged in. The cord is wrapped around the cooling unit tubing. I had to remove the frig from the cabinet, unwrap the power cord, put frig back in, and yes it worked.

How can Jayco ship a unit with the frig not plugged in, how can CAMPING WORLD PDI a unit, sell it to a 70 year old woman, and the tech never checked the frig for proper operation.

Look up Valley of Fire campground and see how far it is from El Paso, Tx.

JUST ANOTHER REASON TO NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CW.

Perhaps there are some good ones, but CW of El Paso is not one of them........
Old 05-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #4

Foretravel Owners Club
On behalf of all the RV2 posters..THANK YOU!!! for looking out and assisting the "newbies" to RV'n !
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher003 View Post
On the first day of a month-long trip from Florida to Arizona and Utah, while going west on I-10 through Pensacola, FL, our travel trailer was side-swiped by a 3/4 ton pickup. The driver did stop and apologized profusely and he was ticketed by the FL SP. He readily admitted fault and his insurance company contacted within a few days. The damage, mostly cosmetic, was on the driver side slide. Fortunately the slide still worked fine and sealed properly, so we were able to complete our trip.

After returning home I took the trailer to our closest dealer, Camping World of St. Augustine for a repair estimate (over $4,000). They notified the insurance company with the estimate and I received a check to cover the repairs. It was agreed that CW would do the repairs, would order the parts, a corner strip on the slide that was bent in a bit and some decals. Some repainting was also involved. CW notified me when the parts arrived and we scheduled the repairs to start the same day. I made it very clear that I expected the repairs to be completed in the couple of days they quoted me. I took the trailer to them late Monday morning and they said it would be ready Wednesday. They kept their word and the body shop manager texted me Wednesday morning that it was done. I drove up and checked the repair job thoroughly before going inside. The SM and I then went back and went over the repair work together. I was satisfied with the work, paid them the amount of the estimate and left with the trailer that was fixed on time and to my satisfaction.

Since the forum tends to be full of negativity about CW I wanted to pass along what was a very positive experience for me, as have been all my experiences with three different CWs to date.

Refreshing to hear a positive outcome; thanks for sharing. I'm glad all went well for you. (Except for the sideswipe part. )

Tags
camping, camping world