Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2018, 06:53 AM   #1

Lab In Training

My puppy is a 7 mo old Lab. She goes to school 3 days a week when we are home. I brought her on her second RV trip last week. We stayed at a state park in the mountains. She enjoyed the trails and swimming in the lake. I noted both trips that she was hesitant to exit the coach, even as much as she liked it outside. I could not figure out why.

At school the puppies each have a platform that they learn to sit/lay/sleep on. It is a PVC frame with ripstop fabric stretched out. The fabric floor is about 4” off the floor. The school said it was important that we have one. So I got one and threw it in the basement. Third morning out everything was wet from a heavy rain and I got the pad out and set it up for her next to my chair.

Now she can’t wait to get outside. She goes right to her pad and waits for me to get her lead and bags ready for a walk. I would have never guessed.
markminnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2018, 07:33 AM   #2

Labs are great. My son's Lab is 5 months old now and we really enjoyed having her around when we went camping back in May. He tents so she slept with him on her blanket. Despite the 2 am visitor one night (skunk) she handled 3 nights of camping pretty good.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #3

Dog gate

Labs are GREAT!! (So are Great Pyrenees). For safety I installed a retractable gate to keep them out of the cab area while driving. Safe travels to ALL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DogGate-A - Copy.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	210362  
TXROADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #4

I have always had black labs or shepeards. All have been rescue dogs. I now have a boxer. I am fulltime so she goes with me everywhere. She is trained not to cross the door way without the command to exit. Didn't want her running out without me being outside to supervise her. Wouldn't travel without her.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote