Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2021, 11:23 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You're not going to believe this! I had never even noticed that "Thanks" button until it was mentioned here!

I'm gonna push it and see what happens!

OK, I tried it with Old Biscuit and it said my "thanks" was sent, but where does he see it?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2021, 11:27 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
You're not going to believe this! I had never even noticed that "Thanks" button until it was mentioned here!

I'm gonna push it and see what happens!

OK, I tried it with Old Biscuit and it said my "thanks" was sent, but where does he see it?
Joe, check your private messages and you'll have the answer to that question.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #17
US1

I find that most always the people asking for help that just signed up to acquire the help, never respond back. And it’s not uncommon that when you check their profile, many never even check back in to read the response. So I generally never respond to brand new members with problems. They aren’t here to contribute to the forum.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
Joe, check your private messages and you'll have the answer to that question.
Don't see anything in my Private Messages!
Old 06-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
My experience with this forum has been quite positive. I'd say 99% of those who post here are very courteous. You're always going to have "that one guy" in any social media platform.
My hats off to the fine folks who moderate here, and the wealth of knowledge within our membership. But yeah, sometimes a little thanks or recognition goes a long ways...
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 11:34 AM   #20

Quote:

Click on your 'USER CP' (top left side of small blue banner)

That is where you will see my thanks for your thanks

**That is where I see thanks from others but only ones sent to me
Don't see ones I have sent other then the popup window that says 'Your Tanks has been sent'
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 11:38 AM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Click on your 'USER CP' (top left side of small blue banner)

That is where you will see my thanks for your thanks

**That is where I see thanks from others but only ones sent to me
Don't see ones I have sent other then the popup window that says 'Your Tanks has been sent'
OK, I finally found it, but how many people actually look there? Seems to me it is a lot easier just to post your thanks in the thread! JMHO
Old 06-29-2021, 11:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
When you have a forum such as this one with sooo many people that participate, you're bound to have people that participate and aren't always polite or sensitive to a certain level of etiquette. I take the attitude that if I can be of some help, I'll try. And, I try to respond appropriately to those that try to help me. Some things and/or people have to be ignored at times.
I agree completely and I the number of negative, inappropriate comments have been nominal to the overall experience.
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; SumoSprings Front; Timbren Springs Rear; Safe-T-Plus; 2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507; Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785; Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2,RVWhisper
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 11:57 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Really, must be a setting somewhere. When I get a thanks I get an automated private message saying I got a thanks, and it links me back to my post.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:05 PM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
Really, must be a setting somewhere. When I get a thanks I get an automated private message saying I got a thanks, and it links me back to my post.
You were right! I found that setting! Thanks!
Old 06-29-2021, 01:07 PM   #25

American Coach Owners Club
IRV has 285,000 users. They represent a cross section of society. Some are polite, some ain't, and some are so overwhelmed by starting the RV experience they just can't think beyond getting their problem fixed. Eventually most learn that feedback is important. While it is nice to be thanked or provided with follow up it doesn't bother me if neither occur. Of the 285,000 members only a miniscule few ,I have found, to be impolite or snarky.

Remember when you post a solution or answer to a problem or question you are not only helping one person but probably many more with the same issue.

Your postings will also help many more in the years to come as others join the forum and experience the same problem. I think lack of thanks is not a huge problem driving members away from the forum or keeping them from posting help when they can.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:33 PM   #26

When the "old hands" welcome a newbie it would help if they included a link to the "How to use the forum" section it might... just might improve use, courtesy, etc.
One of my pet peeves is the folks that post "newbee with a question" or just another question" etc that has no clue as to the topic in the title. These become useless to others when they try to search on a problem as those threads & responses have all essentially lost any future benefit to others.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss68 View Post
IRV has 285,000 users. They represent a cross section of society. Some are polite, some ain't, and some are so overwhelmed by starting the RV experience they just can't think beyond getting their problem fixed. Eventually most learn that feedback is important. While it is nice to be thanked or provided with follow up it doesn't bother me if neither occur. Of the 285,000 members only a miniscule few ,I have found, to be impolite or snarky.

Remember when you post a solution or answer to a problem or question you are not only helping one person but probably many more with the same issue.

Your postings will also help many more in the years to come as others join the forum and experience the same problem. I think lack of thanks is not a huge problem driving members away from the forum or keeping them from posting help when they can.
I'm here to learn and share information, been doing it for a long time. I seldom even think about receiving thanks for helping solve a problem, to me it's just part of sharing the lifestyle.
The only part that gives me pause is the lack of feedback after 10-20 replies of generally helpful information.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I'm here to learn and share information, been doing it for a long time. I seldom even think about receiving thanks for helping solve a problem, to me it's just part of sharing the lifestyle.
The only part that gives me pause is the lack of feedback after 10-20 replies of generally helpful information.
^^^^^ This...

Also, It would be nice if folks would put a good description in the post headings.... not something like 'need help'.

It would also be helpful if folks create a Signature Line with their RV information. It's a lot easier to give help if we know what you're driving and what size.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum