Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2021, 12:38 PM   #113

Bless its pointy head...

Janet H, one of the Admins of iRV2 (and likely a few more Social Knowledge/RV Life forums) has hinted for a year that an upgrade to the forum software was in process or at least under serious consideration.

Updating iRV2 would likely be enough by itself but when you factor in SK using the same software for the *dozens* of forum sites it owns, it's a pretty big job.

vBulletin is at least 2 major versions past what is used here. I'm hoping Janet can encourage the Social Knowledge powers that be to prioritize the update.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2021, 12:42 PM   #114

So there is a software upgrade that fixes inconsiderate people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
Bless its pointy head...

Janet H, one of the Admins of iRV2 (and likely a few more Social Knowledge/RV Life forums) has hinted for a year that an upgrade to the forum software was in process or at least under serious consideration.

Updating iRV2 would likely be enough by itself but when you factor in SK using the same software for the *dozens* of forum sites it owns, it's a pretty big job.

vBulletin is at least 2 major versions past what is used here. I'm hoping Janet can encourage the Social Knowledge powers that be to prioritize the update.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:50 PM   #115

"The shift away from “you’re welcome” is simply a matter of language habits changing, she noted. “Americans tend to value novelty,” Tannen said. “We don’t like saying exactly the same thing. We think we should say something a little different that has a little more character. We love our individuality and want to express it. So I think that’s partly why these new things develop.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-d...b0a52682fecef0
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:53 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
First you have to click on 'emoji' link...then click on ,ore...then scroll down and finally click on the emoji...then click finish

A simple LIKE button along with the Quote, Multi, Quick, Thanks buttons would be simple...One click done

I personally would prefer a 'Agree' button vs 'Like' button
Facebook function......ugh!

Software change......simple
There should Never be a "like" button without a "dislike" button also.
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:56 PM   #117

I just read this whole thread up to this point... thanks for nothing.
2017 22K Bounder 415/6spd/5:38s
2018 F150 Lariat 502A 4X4 Toad & Tow Vehicle
2023 Rockwood GeoPro 20BHS
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:01 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
I just read this whole thread up to this point... thanks for nothing.
No problem!
Old 07-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
No problem!
Hahaha!!!
2017 22K Bounder 415/6spd/5:38s
2018 F150 Lariat 502A 4X4 Toad & Tow Vehicle
2023 Rockwood GeoPro 20BHS
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:14 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
So there is a software upgrade that fixes inconsiderate people?
The more recent versions of vBulletin allow "+1" or "thumbs up" reactions, some of the things that posters in this thread have indicated would be helpful in expressing their appreciation of a post.

Some folks are brusque, some folks go out of their way to be polite, others stop at basic civility, and yet others never say much at all. If a click on a 'thumbs up' icon helps them communicate, I'm good with it.
Old 07-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #121

This is a pretty "old school" medium as far as social media goes. It's really not friendly for posting pictures (the app does that) and things like jokes can very easily be misinterpreted. Facebook and Twitter are sewers as far as I'm concerned. For the most part people here are helpful and considerate. There will always be squabbles. Oh well. Personally I don't need a thank you, but yes, I do appreciate when someone takes the time to send one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
The more recent versions of vBulletin allow "+1" or "thumbs up" reactions, some of the things that posters in this thread have indicated would be helpful in expressing their appreciation of a post.

Some folks are brusque, some folks go out of their way to be polite, others stop at basic civility, and yet others never say much at all. If a click on a 'thumbs up' icon helps them communicate, I'm good with it.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:04 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
Personally I don't need a thank you, but yes, I do appreciate when someone takes the time to send one.

Same here! I truly don't understand what this post is about..... and I doubt that long-term readers are leaving because of not getting a thank you. There are many, many long-termers on here.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:34 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Well, I do declare. That doesn't seem like a courteous thing to say. I shall just have to drive on away from here now.
You should quote the post you are referencing for clarity.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:00 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis2 View Post
Thanking someone is the right thing to do, but why get upset if you aren't thanked? Just help to be nice, and not whine about it. The whining will keep people from asking in the first place, then the boards slowly die off... People, ask away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can pay me the comment fee.
I need to include more laughing emoji's when I attempt a weak joke.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:15 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS56 View Post
You should quote the post you are referencing for clarity.
Well you could take post #112 to be in direct reply to post #111 if you want or take it to be just a post to somewhat humorously apply to the general track of the entire thread. Just as you like I guess.

Per Bobby F's considered advice in the immediately preceding post #124, more emojis to accompany weak humor.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:23 PM   #126
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I don't know if a lack of courtesy drives people away as much as someone constantly correcting everyone, when they post something!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum