Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2020, 01:50 PM   #1

Latest Info on Harvest Hosts & Boondockers Welcome

We've decided to go ahead with our four month trip (July-November)in our 27' travel trailer. Florida-CO-WY-MT-WA-OR-CA-AR-NM-TX-FL.

This will be our 4th year to take this kind of trip. We stay in all kinds of places - national, state, local parks,comm. RV parks, etc. Dry, partial and full HUps all OK. We try to avoid Wal-marts, etc.

I've read that camp sites of all kinds will be harder to find this year. I'm considering joining Harvest Hosts and/or Boondockers Welcome to expand the possibilities.

I've studied their sites, read reviews and prior threads, so I think I have a good understanding of how they work.

My question: have any of you used these two sources lately, and have you gotten emails from the clubs on changes during Covid-19?

Also, any other tips or comments on these two clubs would be greatly appreciated. Or thoughts about finding spots to stay, both short and longer times (5-10 days)

Thanks!
RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2020, 02:32 PM   #2

HH is advertised as overnight. We were members for several years and a few of the sites allowed longer stay of up to a week.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I can just say that I went to our local campground here in Arcadia, OK and it's never been this busy. Every tent, parking, and camping site was full. They were even using overflow parking. It was unbelievable. This was this past weekend.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #4

Heading to the North Shore near Pictou to visit DWs uncle and aunt. 3-5 days depending on the weather. As usual these days will be doing the 6 ft rule. Won't be a major trip but enough to exercise the rig.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #5

Randy. Welcome. Nice to hear from you. Sounds like a great trip.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #6

Can you pick out a few and give them a call to see what they're doing? Although, as we know, things can change. If national forests will be open for dispersed camping that would be another option for you. We've done that a lot. Good luck!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:34 PM   #7

I joined HH two years ago but never used them so I am going to cancel.

They send an occasional email when they have added new locations. Not too long ago they added several hundred golf courses. There are a variety of different types of locations to choose from. Many may be off the beaten path so you will have to figure in some extra travel. As mentioned they only advertise a one night stay at each location but I would think there could be some give at the individual hosts discretion.

A lot of the sites sound very nice. Many people report spending more at the host site than they would have at a campground
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:36 PM   #8

We joined HH around the first of the year on the recommendation of a friend who uses it often. So far, we've stayed in three HH locations and have been happy with all of them. The hosts have been extremely welcoming with quiet, out of the way locations.
I'm very skeptical of all the 'good deals' and 'great sites' everywhere. Actually, I'm skeptical of way more than that but... I told DH if we could recoup what we paid for the annual fee, I wouldn't complain and we've already done that. Have a couple more locations scheduled for our upcoming trip. One is a farm and the other a winery. I was pleasantly surprised at all the locations available.
We discovered it's a fun way to really see how the locals live.
LisaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondock, test