Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I did a search but could not find an answer to my question. I almost hate to ask due to all the emotional attachment to this issue, but IF I were to carry a firearm and IF I wanted to leave it in Arizona before crossing into Mexico, where would be a good place to 'check' then, it, IF?
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I did a search but could not find an answer to my question. I almost hate to ask due to all the emotional attachment to this issue, but IF I were to carry a firearm and IF I wanted to leave it in Arizona before crossing into Mexico, where would be a good place to 'check' then, it, IF?
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I've heard that local gunsmiths might store a weapon. For a price, of course.

Or maybe you could leave it at some shop for some repair or upgrade and get "free" storage that way. At least you would have something for your money that way.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Pawn shop or gun dealer.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #5

Also, check and double check to make sure ALL AMMOis out of your rig.
ScottyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Check with your Mexican Insurance agent in US.
That is who is storing our firearms.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:52 AM   #7

At least the problem of carrying weapons within a US National Park is over. We travel through Zion Ntl. Park once a week, and had actually been instructed by Park law enforcement to leave our gun in the bushes at the Park entrance and pick it up on our way back through. Can you believe that? That was while being issued a warning citation for having one in the first place before the new rulings.

Red Boots Ranch
redboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
jfb

Why not leave it home?
jfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:35 AM   #9

We grew up in Arizona and have always carried a weapon with us when tarveling. My wife and I are both legally licensed to carry a concealed firearm. As such, we have a gun with us most of the time. For us, traveling through Zion Ntl. Park is just a pass through on a state highway to get to Springville, Ut. In fact, the Park issues us a 'pass through' windsheild sticker for that purpose. So if you have a firearm with you and are just driving through the park, what are you supposed to do? The Parks answer of "leave it in the bushes" is ridiculous. The new law allowing them solves the problem and should have been enacted long go.

Red Boots Ranch
redboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by redboots:
We grew up in Arizona and have always carried a weapon with us when tarveling. My wife and I are both legally licensed to carry a concealed firearm. As such, we have a gun with us most of the time. For us, traveling through Zion Ntl. Park is just a pass through on a state highway to get to Springville, Ut. In fact, the Park issues us a 'pass through' windsheild sticker for that purpose. So if you have a firearm with you and are just driving through the park, what are you supposed to do? The Parks answer of "leave it in the bushes" is ridiculous. The new law allowing them solves the problem and should have been enacted long go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where can I see this change in the law? This is the first time that I've heard of this.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
NEW LAW

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:11 AM   #12
SCS

Tiffin Owners Club
If you have to ask leave it at home, chances are you will never use it.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Never tried it but an idea. Rent a safety deposit box at a bank big enough for the weapon. Would be cheap an could be very safe. I would tell the bank that you are putting a family air loom in before I entered the bank with the weapon. Of course if your talking long guns that is another problem.

LEN
Old 11-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What you can do is Pawn the weapon. Pawn shops will give you cash and then you have so many days to redeem the item. Of course when you redeem it you will have to pay a fee.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote