RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2020, 06:46 PM   #1

Lippert ( LCI) Pressure washer

This looked like a tool that would work for me, so I ordered one. It works as expected (still need sponge or brush).

But one of my batteries was DOA. Working the case with LCI on that. I expect fair resolution.

So I asked Lippert about replacement batteries. Initial (unacceptable) response is “We don’t do batteries”. I checked online and could not find a fit.

I won’t keep it if I can’t get replacement batteries.
LarryinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2020, 08:20 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Sounds like it should go back.

That said, I'm not a big fan of using a pressure washer on our rig. Too easy to force water into places it shouldn't be.

I'm a fan of soak and scrub. It may take a little longer, but I am retired.
Happy Glamping.Norman, 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:35 PM   #3

With many quality pressure washers on the market, WHY would someone choose a Lippert?
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:16 AM   #4
IC2

I guess at ~500 psi it wouldn't do any harm to your RV but the $240+/- price is a bit too much though for my needs.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:56 AM   #5

There are quite few battery pressure washers out there. Worx makes one and they have replacement batteries. It will also pull water from a bucket or large container.

It's about $100.

Just remember, the usage time is limited by the battery.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
I guess at ~500 psi it wouldn't do any harm to your RV but the $240+/- price is a bit too much though for my needs.
Your'e likely right but what good would it do? A good hose nozzle will make a pretty significant stream of water. Years ago I spayed the 2011 Keystone Raptor with my 2750PSI gas pressure washer and held the wand back a ways. It was starting to take the decals off. I'll admit to taking a small electric one to the front chrome bumpers to the truck with dried coated bugs. I made sure to stay away from radiators and coolers. Even after that it required hand washing with a micro fibre rag.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:38 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Just to be clear, the LCI unit is dubbed a "power cleaner" and is designed for washing vehicles. Not to be confused with a general duty "pressure washer" tool.

https://store.lci1.com/flow-max-40v-...020111765.html

As somebody mentioned, there are other battery-powered vehicle wash gadgets around, so no need to pay LCI's extravagant price for a product they can't be bothered to support properly.

https://www.worx.com/40v-2x20-hydros...er-wg644.html?

That said, I don't see any reason for using one of those tools; IMO a simple wash brush does a better job and no more effort.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:49 AM   #8

The Lippert one is the first I’ve seen that pulls from a bucket. Other than the battery it appears well made.

Thanks for the recommendations on alternates.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:03 AM   #9

I have 2 pressure washers. One is a gas powered 3.2 gpm, and the other is electric at 2.5 gpm. Both have adjustable output pressures. The electric adjusts from 0 magnification (essentially tap pressure) to 2,000 psi. The gas powered one goes from 0 magnification to 3,200 psi.

They can both be used for anything from washing a vehicle to cleaning siding and washing stains from concrete.

I couldn't imagine trying to wash the RV with a battery powered "power cleaner". I doubt I'd get half way through the job before I had to stop to recharge the batteries.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwinger View Post
There are quite few battery pressure washers out there. Worx makes one and they have replacement batteries. It will also pull water from a bucket or large container.

It's about $100.

Just remember, the usage time is limited by the battery.
The worx is similar. $119 without batteries. Requires two 20v batteries at $89 each. Plus the soap container at $29. So significantly more expensive.

Still waiting on LCI. My guess is they will want to replace the whole thing. If no batteries available I’ll tell them no thanks.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Just to be clear, the LCI unit is dubbed a "power cleaner" and is designed for washing vehicles. Not to be confused with a general duty "pressure washer" tool.

https://store.lci1.com/flow-max-40v-...020111765.html

As somebody mentioned, there are other battery-powered vehicle wash gadgets around, so no need to pay LCI's extravagant price for a product they can't be bothered to support properly.

https://www.worx.com/40v-2x20-hydros...er-wg644.html?

That said, I don't see any reason for using one of those tools; IMO a simple wash brush does a better job and no more effort.
The price for the one in your link is actually the same if you get the soap container. And you only get one battery equivalent.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:52 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, I see that. About $40 difference otherwise.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 02:39 PM   #13

Well they really do not have spare batteries. So it is on its way back for refund.

Thanks for the suggestions on alternatives. They are too expensive and all produce too low a pressure for pressure wash.

But I like the idea of pumping from a bucket...mostly to clean the windshield, front and rear, and wheels. I can get a much less expensive pump to do that and bring my long handled brush.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:35 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I have three pressure washers. One is gas powered and is used for things like cleaning the driveway and other areas that need a good spray.

I also bought a small Greenworks (110 volt) unit from Lowes. I keep that in the motor home for times that the campground frowns on pulling a bunch of hoses out and wetting the entire campground. I've also found it handy when you get mud, salt or other debris on the chassis.

Lastly, I just bought a Harbor Freight electric pressure washer on a dolly. It's a pretty good value. I made a bracket and bolted my Costco deionizer to the back of it and added some valves. It does a good job, still need a brush, but I can switch over to the deionizer to rinse, using less water and extending the life of the deionizer.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert