Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2019, 08:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfire7 View Post
Wow! Thanks, that is a ton of good info. My fiancee has been driving to Moab for the last 10 years for an off road event in Moab called GoneMoab. This will be my 4th year attending. We are organizers as well. This will be our first time driving it in an RV. Usually he plans out our stops - stays in motels. This year we want to drive as far as we can the first day/night but don't know how far we will get in slow as heck RV! That's why my location is so vague. Usually we stop in Kansas, after leaving Detroit the fist day.
http://gonemoab.com/

Map of Route I would suggest - https://binged.it/2PxDOgd - RT 36 - starting in Hannibal, MO - non interstate - fewer trucks - Good Road - just more interesting. Stop C would be for the late first night in Wal*Mart in Urbana?

I've made this drive probably 25 times over the years and it works - you are not going to be driving too Fast so might as well stay off the Interstate Highways. I bump you down to I-70 - before you get into Colorado as the roads in Colorado - RT 36 in Colorado, just out of Kansas are not that good..

I'd also suggest that you leave after work the night before you planned on leaving getting down the road say 300 miles, will just make the rest of the drive easier. See stop C above

Hope this helps - as this will be FUN!!!!

https://www.allstays.com/c/walmart-i...ations-map.htm
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Wow! Thanks, that is a ton of good info. My fiancee has been driving to Moab for the last 10 years for an off road event in Moab called GoneMoab. This will be my 4th year attending. We are organizers as well. This will be our first time driving it in an RV. Usually he plans out our stops - stays in motels. This year we want to drive as far as we can the first day/night but don't know how far we will get in slow as heck RV! That's why my location is so vague. Usually we stop in Kansas, after leaving Detroit the fist day.
We mostly use Harvest Host locations for our overnight stays when just transiting from one major stop to another. We 'boondocked' overnight at a winery near Grand Junction a couple years ago. For a small yearly fee, you get access to a lot of safe places for single night stays.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:02 AM   #17

Off subject question?

How do you tow the Xterra?

Driveshaft disconnect? or do you have a neutral disconnect to the transmission?

Just a side question
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:17 AM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
As answered earlier, west side of the Rockies.
Interesting. Lived here all my life and never heard that. Mostly referred to as the western slope.

There are some nice forest service campgrounds around Lake Dillon.
snxwmxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by snxwmxn View Post
Interesting. Lived here all my life and never heard that. Mostly referred to as the western slope.
The OP doesn't live there so was blasted for using the wrong terminology??
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not meaning to blast anybody - I just thought it was interesting terminology. Never heard it and nobody I know has ever heard it, so was actually curious as to where it was and how come I’d never been there.

And as a show of good faith, once I understood OP was asking about the western slope or somewhere west of Denver I offered up some camp spots I know to be nice and convenient to I70. Always amazes me how some are so quick to take offense at the smallest of things.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Off subject question?

How do you tow the Xterra?

Driveshaft disconnect? or do you have a neutral disconnect to the transmission?

Just a side question

we have to stop every 200 miles and let it run for a few minutes. no true neutral in the transfer case.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by snxwmxn View Post
Not meaning to blast anybody - I just thought it was interesting terminology. Never heard it and nobody I know has ever heard it, so was actually curious as to where it was and how come I’d never been there.

And as a show of good faith, once I understood OP was asking about the western slope or somewhere west of Denver I offered up some camp spots I know to be nice and convenient to I70. Always amazes me how some are so quick to take offense at the smallest of things.

No problem, you're good. Thank you for the info.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Drive up the county road to a half mile before where the old church used to be before it burned down, turn right and a little farther, just after the big tree, the great boondocking site is visible across the stream.
that is my favorite spot and now you went told everyone about it. thanks buddy
Old 05-02-2019, 06:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by u04601 View Post
We mostly use Harvest Host locations for our overnight stays when just transiting from one major stop to another. We 'boondocked' overnight at a winery near Grand Junction a couple years ago. For a small yearly fee, you get access to a lot of safe places for single night stays.

Thanks for the info! How do you like Harvest Host? Do you use it often? My fiancee found it earlier and it sounds interesting. Any drawbacks?

Tags
boondocking