Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2021, 08:13 PM   #1

Looking for a Room to Rent with RV Parking

Hello All,

A bit of a shot in the dark here, so any help or advice would be appreciated!

We began full time RVing at the end of 2020, after selling our house. Recently, my wife was diagnosed with cancer, and we now need to find a place for her treatment. We're looking to be able to stay somewhere in NV, or between Southern ID and Northern AZ. Ideally, we'd like to find a place to rent a room with bathroom, and a spot to plug-in and park our 34 foot Class A RV. We'll probably be needing to rent for a year, as the current timetable for her treatment and recovery is 6-9 months.

We'd prefer not to be in a city, which would most likely be the case anyway due to our requirements. We're both late 50's and do pretty well getting along with just about everyone.

Thanks in advance!

J.
SharpeTurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2021, 08:26 PM   #2

Sorry to learn about the cancer diagnosis.

I have had cancer four times. My surgeries and chemo were sucessful. I am past the five year mark. Hope something works out for you. Your RV family will keep you in our prayers. Take Care
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:29 PM   #3

Why not find a RV park ...long term/monthly and stay in your RV?

More private, less intrusions.

Where is she going to receive treatment?

Where would help define places to stay.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:32 PM   #4

You said you need to find a place for her treatment..... that should be first on the list and then find accommodations. I agree with Old-Biscuit..... staying in the RV in a pleasant park might be better. You already have the RV and having a place to sit outside occasionally would be uplifting. You'll have your own kitchen and bathroom. Sounds better than a one-room. Hope you're able to go where there's a good medical facility... even if it's in a city. The greater Phoenix area and Tucson have excellent doctors. Mayo Clinic is in Phoenix.

Good vibes are going out to both of you! Think positively!!!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 06:42 AM   #5
Community Moderator

If you decide on Phoenix area for treatment there is a RV park on the west side called Cotton Lane RV Resort. It is a 55+ park and it is nice. We stayed there last winter for 4 months and are going back again this winter. We payed $600/month + electric.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:03 AM   #6

Wow Sam, you are a true survivor, and great inspiration. I hope you stay well, and thank you for your prayers and positive wishes.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:20 AM   #7

Hello OB;

I appreciate your thoughts and response! What we're hoping for is to have the room and bathroom in addition to our RV hook up. There are several reasons for this, and I wouldn't to bore anyone with all the details! So an RV Park with only our RV just won't work. Thank you!
Old 09-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #8

Hello TG;

I appreciate your thoughts and response! What we're hoping for is to have the room and bathroom in addition to our RV hook up. There are several reasons for this, and I wouldn't to bore anyone with all the details! So an RV Park with only our RV just won't work. The Mayo Clinic in Phoenix is actually high on our list, but you know how HOT both the weather and the Real Estate market in Phoenix is. We have an older rig, and spent part of the past summer there. Our 30 amp service and one A/C unit did not keep up with the heat at all. We would probably go there, if we could find the right situation and location within 1-2 hours. Thank you!
Old 09-22-2021, 11:29 AM   #9

Hello Hamm;

I appreciate your thoughts and response! What we're hoping for is to have the room and bathroom in addition to our RV hook up. There are several reasons for this, and I wouldn't to bore anyone with all the details! So an RV Park with only our RV just won't work. Thank you!
Old 09-22-2021, 11:40 AM   #10

Seek out an RV park that has Camp Model/ stationary units or cabins.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:54 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpeTurns View Post
Hello Hamm;

Many KOA's and others have yurts or cabins for rent.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:57 AM   #12

How about a park that rents spots with a Casita. I know normally they are pricey though.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:04 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
ShapeTurns --

Sorry to hear about your wife's health. No cancer diagnosis is ever easy for any family. If you haven't selected a treatment center yet, I'd suggest the MD Anderson Cancer Treatment Center in Houston's Medical Center. MD Anderson is the top rated cancer treatment facility in the U.S. --> https://www.mdanderson.org/

If you should happen to select MD Anderson for your wife's care, then I'd recommend the Lakeview RV Resort which is relatively close to MD Anderson. Lakeview Resort has RV sites that can be rented monthly for your coach and also has permanent "park model" RV trailers that can be rented monthly to meet your "extra room with bathroom" needs --> https://www.qualityrvresorts.com/des...iew-rv-resort/

The Lakeview RV Resort provides shuttle service to/from the Medical Center.

Please let the forum know what you decide and any other help needed. Our prayers are with your wife that she receives successful treatment and our prayers are with you for good health and physical / mental strength to provide the support and care your wife needs. God will be with both of you on this journey with Jesus holding the hands of your wife's physicians.
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:19 PM   #14

When I was undergoing my cancer treatments at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Tulsa, they had RV hookups on site and several public bathrooms inside the building. Unfortunately they have recently closed this facility, but others in their network may offer the same.
Best wishes for your wife and yourself. It IS beatable!!

Tags
parking, rv park