RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2020, 11:22 AM   #1

Looking for advice on selling a home for an RV owner

Hi,

My parents are selling their home and it has parking for an RV and is in a nice area in Southern California. I am not an RV owner, but I'm looking for advice on how to make this more appealing to good folks like yourselves here because the RV parking is the biggest selling point of the place.

Thank you!

Aelcyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Post a free ad above on classifieds. you'll be reaching those in the forum that may be interested. Make sure you include that it is RV ready.

I bought my current S&B because it had an RV pad. Added 50amp and sewer service. The relator told the previous owner that the RV pad wouldn't make a difference. I didn't argue with them however I was preparing to pay $60.00 a month for an unsecure site to park my DP.

Best wishes - Richard

Old 05-23-2020, 07:36 PM   #3

Real estate is local. You won't find anyone in Texas who is going to buy a property in California because of a parking pad for an RV. At best, an RV pad will be a nice extra for a buyer. But I seriously doubt anyone would buy a house they otherwise didn't want because it had a place to park an RV. The best way to sell any property is to have it in pristine showing condition and pricing it competitively. Personally, I would make sure any RV pad was as inconspicuous as possible. If it is important to a prospective buyer, they will be drawn to it, for all the other prospects it won't make them think they are paying for something they don't want, that takes up space and will never be used. It may very well be the cherry on top that makes a deal, but it won't draw buyers to an otherwise unattractive or overpriced property.
kcdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:16 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We looked for a new house for about 1 year before we decided to build. If a house was advertised with RV parking it peaked my interest.

If we had found a house that met our living needs and had a RV pad/garage it would have been great.

Finally finished the house and now turning my attention to building a large garage for RV and shop. I'm building for my benefit but also keeping in mind that it could add value to the house if done correctly.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #5

When were looking last year, we ruled out all properties that restricted RV parking. If a property had RV amenities, we moved it to the top of the list. We ended up with no RV amenities, but room to build something that meets our needs.

So, I guess market the house as what it is. An X bedroom, X bath, XXXX sq ft house with whatever amenities: pool, workshop, RV pad and electrical.

Good luck.
Glennabbott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:28 AM   #6

Include fact of RV parking in all ads, but in our experience it didn't make a difference. Sold a house in IL about 4 years ago that had a 50 amp box near driveway pad. Buyers didn't have an RV or any interest in those features. But I agree, it may get more RVers who are in the market anyway to look.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:29 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
What about just advertising it as having additional parking for additional cars, boat, or RV? Advertise the electrical connection if it has one. We parked our trailer at our old house, but the guy who bought it had a boat he wanted to park. He chose our house because it meet his basic needs plus the pad was already there for his boat.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:54 AM   #8

In your opening post you said the RV pad was the best selling feature of the property. That is a very strange statement about a residential property. If that is actually the case, I would think your parents either need a new realtor or there are some serious issues with the property that need to be addressed. A property that is in need of a lot of renovations, repairs, upgrades and the like is going to most likely be sold to either someone who is looking for a project or to someone who is planning on flipping the home. Both of those type of buyers are looking for bargains (that means a low price) and neither would likely be interested in an RV pad. The project person wouldn't be a candidate since they will be spending their time renovating, not RVing and the house flipper is all about spending as little as possible bringing the home up to full value and selling as quickly as possible. The flipper isn't going to want to wait around for the perfect buyer with an RV, they want to get their money out and move on to the next one. To them, time and patience are luxuries they do not have.

kcdogger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, sell