Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2021, 06:20 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looking for new RV tires

I started looking for tires on the FMCA discount program. I was looking for Michelin tires, but open to most any major brand. I after checking several other sites I can across a website called Motorhome tires which carries several brands. Motorhome tires prices include shipping and installation and are a little better than FMCA. They advertise to install your tires at any location including your driveway and its included in there pricing. Anyone every dealt with MotorHome tires? No ties or connections to either company.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2021, 07:55 PM   #2

Never heard of motorhome tires but due check out Toyo and Yokahama as alternatives to Mitchelin.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:09 PM   #3

I have Toyo M-154 now and had Sumitomo 718 in past. I would recommend either of those.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #4
PKI

Checked "Motorhome Tires" on Google and they came up. Looks like they sell through a bunch of commercial tire dealers. Looked interesting, but they do not sell the 19.5in tires that I need.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:07 AM   #5

I had Michelin tire and at 5 years they where dry rotted and cracked worse then any tires I have ever seen. That was with parking the RV in a storage shed. I have had 10 and 25 year old tires that looked new compared to these. I replaced them with Toyo M154s. Hundreds less a tire and wow do the handle amazing. I went from 2 hands on the wheel with out wind, trying to keep it straight to 1 hand in cross winds.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:27 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Some other discount sources that can arrange local installation include: Simpletires.com, rvtires.com, and tires-easy.com

There have been multiple reports of success with those companies - a search here will find them.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpsycho View Post
I had Michelin tire and at 5 years they where dry rotted and cracked worse then any tires I have ever seen. That was with parking the RV in a storage shed. I have had 10 and 25 year old tires that looked new compared to these. I replaced them with Toyo M154s. Hundreds less a tire and wow do the handle amazing. I went from 2 hands on the wheel with out wind, trying to keep it straight to 1 hand in cross winds.
Mine is a lot more stable with the Toyos too, but I had an alignment done at the same time as the new tires and wasn't sure whether it was the tires or the alignment.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
Mine is a lot more stable with the Toyos too, but I had an alignment done at the same time as the new tires and wasn't sure whether it was the tires or the alignment.
I didn't have an alignment done just the tires. 2 friend also went with Toyos and loved how their rigs handed. It was a big reason I went with Toyo's.
sandpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. I think I going to go with 2 or 4 of the Toyo 305/70/r22.5 to start with. I will get an all wheel alignment prior to installing new tires. This way I can split the cost over two years
Old 02-25-2021, 06:30 AM   #10
Commercial Member

not to be snide, but the tires on a motorhome are motorhome tires. they also fit trucks, so they say.
i found that searching on google. under motorhome tires.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:44 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'd buy almost anything other than Good Years or Michilens. Way over priced and now hearing too many problems with them.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:27 PM   #12

Retired Fire Service RVer's
i just put all new Firestones on my motorhome. love them so far. replaced the Michelins which were cracked and terrible handling on the road.

Tags
tire, tires