Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #1

Looking to buy a good RV mattress, any suggestions?

I am looking for a new queen sized RV mattress. If anyone has a recommendation please let me know. I am a big guy and I think I need a firm. But, I am unsure of brand, style etc. Any help would be appreciated.
markdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #2

We put a queen tempurpedic in our rig right after we bought it. We got the eight inch thick model and it just fits under the closets when the slide comes in. You can't find a better sleep product.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We use the Select Comfort Sleep Number in the MH and at home!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #4

We started at a friend's mattress store. Boy, are new mattresses expensive!

Ended up ordering online @ BedInABox.com with a Leggett & Platt adjustable bed. We got the 11" thick memory foam with the Gel top.

The bed is absolutely fantastic--due to being made with superior products. The service level of the company is also incredible.

Too bad the grandkids have taken it over, and I've been banished to another bedroom.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #5

Select comfort makes a very nice product, and customer service is excellent. Not to mention infinitely adjustable, so whoever sleeps on it can adjust it to their preference. Little pricey, but spending thousands on a rolling house, what's a few hindred more.. Lol
Dillon_fwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #6

We had a local matress manufacture make us a Calif King Latex matress with a pillow top. Same as we have in our home.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
A mattress is like a new pair of shoes. Everyone has a difference of opinion on how they feel. A Temperpedic mattress is comfy but the Sleep Number, is more versatile. I don't know off hand what mattress I have in my MH but it is neither of those mentioned. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. Different strokes for different folks.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #8

Sleep Number home and Motor home. Why buy a mattress you might or might not like after a week of sleeping on it. With the Sleep Number you make it what you want and once you find your number, you can tell if it's changed as soon as you lay down on it.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Go to several stores and try out every mattress you can find. Lay on them for a few mins in the position that you like to lay in. You will find what fits you.

Don't get one just because someone says "This is the best and you will love it!!" Thom and I have slept on, not just laid on for a few mins, Temperpedic, Sleep Number and different Foam mattresses .... we HATE them. For us it will always be a medium to hard Euro pillow top mattress. That is what we like, others don't and that's fine. Everyone is different and it would be a very boring planet if everyone was the same.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #10

Don't know if this will help but we started looking for a new mattress and decided to put a 3" memory foam topper on the old mattress. Sleeping like a baby! They run about $250 for a good one (lots cheaper than the new temporpedic mattress) Good luck!
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Sleep Number, you either love them or hate them. We are in the later category. We replaced our Sleep Number with a memory foam mattress (not a temperpedic) and are very happy. Anyone want to buy an RV king sleep number?
Jeep trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #12

If you like the one at home, why not duplicate it in the RV? Most RVs are standard size.
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #13

it is my understanding that RV mattresses are not standard size rather they are 2-3 in shorter than standard. There is a company that specializes in RV mattresses don,t remember their name but easy to google

Jim
jmoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If your in the Kansas City area, this company made me a custom mattress for my RV, takes 2 or 3 days. They make it right there, you can tour the factory. Good quality, good price, American Made.

Find the Perfect Mattress | Lees Summit & Kansas City Area
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote