Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2018, 07:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I thought the same thing. It's a mid-term STATE election. How can someone complain that doesn't live there? In FL ballots cannot be forwarded, you have to have a presents there to vote
My 2 cents. If certain states were not so darn greedy people would not be put into a situation to look elsewhere. I for one think it is highly unfair to collect sales tax every time a unit is bought and sold in the state of Wash. Dealer or private property. They also make you pay for new tabs and plate at time of title transfer. Even if the current tabs are only a month old at time of sale. Greedy politicians make even the most honest people fudge on tax returns, and try to save money on registration and title fees. Again my 2 cents. Thanks Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
I don't have a problem with them denying your vote. If you think about it, a system like that is ripe for corruption, and we have enough voter fraud in this country as it is.

I know in Wisconsin you need a physical address to get an ID to vote, I think that is the way it should be. According to the above post, you have been breaking the state law by voting anyway. Not voting is better than getting arrested for fraud.

Jim
Old 10-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlckmj View Post
I don't have a problem with them denying your vote. If you think about it, a system like that is ripe for corruption, and we have enough voter fraud in this country as it is.

I know in Wisconsin you need a physical address to get an ID to vote, I think that is the way it should be. According to the above post, you have been breaking the state law by voting anyway. Not voting is better than getting arrested for fraud.

Jim

There is little or no voter fraud in this country. Far more people are denied their lawful right to vote, than vote fraudulently.

https://campaignlegal.org/update/rep...ad-voter-fraud
Old 10-15-2018, 08:05 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Running into a similar problem in Clay county in Florida. However we did get our absentee ballot in the mail this week.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #19

There was something on the news several years ago about airline pilots using a po box in the dakotas to get out of paying taxes while living in another state and it unleashed the IRS on them and I would suspect they changed the laws to prevent this and maybe the voter laws.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #20

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Fact is SD past the law about the address thing as a way to reduce the number of Native Americans voting. It seams many of them have PO boxes. And this is the first case to come before Supreme Court with new justice. We think voters chose our reps, but more and more the politicians are choosing their voters.
NORTH Dakota passed the law, genius.
HoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #21

I'm glad we chose Texas for our RV address. We are in ND and have already received and returned our midterm Texas voting ballots. It was pretty easy.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
How do you get past section 12 of the South Dakota voter registration form where you declare, under penalty of perjury, that: "I actually live at and have no present intention of leaving the above address" when you don't?

https://sdsos.gov/elections-voting/a...rmFillable.pdf

Next up will be you can't get a state drivers license using a mail forwarding address. With the Real ID Act and whatever else Congress passes no telling what the future holds.

Last year, to renew my state drivers license, I had to show up in person, and present proof that I lived were I said I did. Since I moved since the last time I renewed my license. Showing utility bills was not a big issue for me. The year before, for my mother that lives with us, we had no utilities in her name. But after talking with their supervisor, they accepted her bank statement. Anybody who has not been through it, get ready, its coming to a city near you.

10+ years ago when I first moved here, they would not take a PO box, had to have a physical address.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:16 PM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
What I learned from this thread is that there are a lot of people that are pi$$ed because they are stuck in a high tax state and have to live with it. So, those of us that have a residence in SD are considered tax dodgers.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:30 PM   #24

We used SD as our Domicile State
Got absentee ballots w/o issue
Had SD enhanced Drivers Licenses

Never voted in ANY Local election...wasn't our place to do so
Voted in Federal Elections and paid my Federal Taxes

And now I need to step away from my keyboard---------
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:44 PM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
There is little or no voter fraud in this country. Far more people are denied their lawful right to vote, than vote fraudulently.

https://campaignlegal.org/update/rep...ad-voter-fraud
Thanks, I needed a good laugh!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine103 View Post
You buck the system to avoid paying taxes and other fees in your home state and then complain they are not treating you fair. Jim E. OKC, God fearing taxpaying American.
The OP is a full-time RVer so most likely they don't have any home state since full-timers sell their home. That's why they have a mail forwarding address like most full-timers do. They're not bucking the system.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
Show me any source that shows more than a few people voting fraudulently in any election cycle.
Not hard to find it if you look.

Quote:
  • 765 voters with an exact match of first and last name, date of birth, and last four digits of the social security number were registered in N.C. and another state, and voted in N.C. and the other state in the 2012 general election.
  • 35,750 voters with the same first and last name and date of birth were registered in N.C. and another state, and voted in both states in the 2012 general election.

Those findings only include data from the 28 states which participated in the 2014 Interstate Crosscheck.

Additionally, during an audit of death records from the Department of Health and Human Services, the Board discovered 81 deceased voters that had voter activity after they died.
https://abc11.com/news/new-evidence-...alleged/23005/

Quote:
Updated October 12, 2018 01:29 PM
Fort Worth Members of an organized voter fraud ring have been arrested and indicted on charges they targeted and, in one case stole, the votes of elderly voters on the city’s north side.
Four people were arrested — Leticia Sanchez, Leticia Sanchez Tepichin, Maria Solis and Laura Parra — after being indicted on 30 felony counts of voter fraud, according to a statement from the Texas Attorney General’s Office.
These people allegedly were paid to target older voters on the north side “in a scheme to generate a large number of mail ballots and then harvest those ballots for specific candidates in 2016,” the statement read.
“Ballots by mail are intended to make it easier for Texas seniors to vote,” Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a statement. “My office is committed to ensuring that paid vote harvesters who fraudulently generate mail ballots, stealing votes from seniors, are held accountable for their despicable actions and for the damage they inflict on the electoral process.”

Vote harvesting typically happens in two stages. There’s seeding and then harvesting.
The AG’s office explains that applications for mail-in ballots are first sent to “targeted precincts.” Then, “harvesters attempt either to intercept the ballots outright or to ‘assist’ elderly voters in voting their ballots while ensuring that the votes are cast for the candidates of the harvesters’ choice.”
In many cases, AG officials say, “the voters do not even know their votes have been stolen.”
Investigators began looking into a Fort Worth voter fraud ring and found that so-called fraudulent applications were created by forging signatures, changing information on the applications and then resubmitting them without the knowledge of voters.

The AG’s statement also said the harvesters “used deception to obtain signatures from voters.”
Fraud and mail-in ballots

Less than a month before the presidential election in November 2016, allegations of voter fraud in Tarrant County began surfacing and were being investigated by the state.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...219920740.html

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mexican-c...fraud-in-texas

https://www.wral.com/feds-file-votin...nals/17792928/

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2018/08...mary-election/

Quote:
A new voter fraud case before the Minnesota Supreme Court claims 1,366 ineligible felons have cast at least 1,670 fraudulent votes in recent statewide elections, possibly tipping the outcome of close contests, including the 2008 U.S. Senate race
https://www.americanexperiment.org/n...me-court-case/

Quote:
Mayor de Blasio and other Democrat officials called for his resignation after Schulkin was caught on tape by the conservative group Project Veritas saying, “Certain neighborhoods in particular, they bus people around to vote. They put them in a bus and go poll site to poll site.
https://www.projectveritas.com/2016/...cans-schulkin/

Quote:
NEW YORK – All Points Books has acquired World English rights to James O’Keefe’s American Pravda: My Fight for Truth in the Era of Fake News, which tells the story of the muckraking journalist’s undercover reporting activities during and since the 2016 presidential campaign, including exposés into mainstream media giants such as CNN. The book will be published on January 16, 2018. Alexander Hoyt represented O’Keefe in the deal with All Points editorial director Adam Bellow.
Mr. O’Keefe is the founder and President of Project Veritas, a non-profit organizations dedicated to exposing corruption and fraud in both public and private institutions. His approach to investigative journalism has been both praised and criticized, and Project Veritas stories have led directly to federal and state investigations, congressional inquiries, and resignations and firings.
https://www.projectveritas.com/2017/...-of-fake-news/
Old 10-16-2018, 12:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana jim View Post
I for one think it is highly unfair to collect sales tax every time a unit is bought and sold in the state of Wash.
There is no income tax in Washington State. When I owned a house here, property taxes were very reasonable.

There is no income tax in Nevada either and property taxes are also low. I spend part of the year there too.

I no longer vote. In my view, voting is a right that comes with certain responsibilities to be a well informed citizen.

If I do not like the politics I stay away. I lived in California and now avoid the state. If I do not like the humidity, I stay away. I lived in Virginia and am not going to spend summers there.

When I get too old to full time maybe I will get involved in politics. I will cross that bridge when I get too it.