Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2021, 09:16 PM   #29

well, we took our tour yesterday and put pen to paper on the build. All the paper work has been filed and we only have a handful of tbd's to work out over the next couple months. We already have a vin and a build number. I had researched every nook and cranny and piece and part over the last couple years online and been in communications with the rvf for about a year and with all that I have learned, i was still beyond blown away yesterday at the quality of these luxe builds. I couldn't be more impressed and amazed at the units structure as a whole. Plus we got a great deal to boot by deleating a bunch of things that we didn't need and one of the first things that rvf told us when we walked in was that we plan on honoring our commitment to you on the of prices even though the rates on our model have gone up $9000. I was able to get about 35 out of 40 mods approved, and the ones that fell through the cracks were mainly just because i may have pushed a little to hard to quick. Oh well, nothing was serious and aren't a deal breaker, we are way beyond satisfied with what we have agreed to, and we couldn't be more stoked to of made it official. Those luxe units are just beyond awesome and we can't wait to watch it transform into our home
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2021, 10:54 PM   #30

Evergreen Owners Club
Great! So glad you are as impressed as we are. The wife and I both love ours. Congratulations ��������
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:07 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
Great! So glad you are as impressed as we are. The wife and I both love ours. Congratulations ��������
Now the big wait begins for my frame to arrive, probably around 2 months they say. We couldn't be any more excited and truly feel like we did our research. Nothing in this world is 100% perfect and you never get 100% of your wants , even when you design it and build it yourself, as with any home build.
Wee just love the tailoring to make most everything to our wants and needs and then knowing there is no fighting and arguing to worry about on getting things fixed to our standards.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:17 PM   #32

Question Potiential Luxe Owner's here

Howdy!

We are considering very seriously on purchasing a 48ft Toy hauler from RVF! From all the research we have done thus far, the Luxe brand seems to be top notch. Since this is an owners group we were wondering if you all can share what you like most about your Luxe, and what could be done a bit better? If you had too, would you recommend a Luxe Toy Hauler / 5th Wheel to your best friend or would you recommend something else?

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide!!
badfroggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:24 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfroggs View Post
Howdy!

We are considering very seriously on purchasing a 48ft Toy hauler from RVF! From all the research we have done thus far, the Luxe brand seems to be top notch. Since this is an owners group we were wondering if you all can share what you like most about your Luxe, and what could be done a bit better? If you had too, would you recommend a Luxe Toy Hauler / 5th Wheel to your best friend or would you recommend something else?

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide!!
welcome to the group. When you get a chance sometime, sign up to be a member of the luxe official group on the groups page. We only have 4 members right now but once we get enough , irv2 will consider us an official group.
I just started my 48fb build a month ago now. Being reading and researching for a yr and did the rvf tour a month ago right before we made the paperwork official. Regardless of friend or foe or your own mother or a divorced wife, after everything I've learned i would recommend a luxe to anyone that wants to consider a high end fiver. From my experience with the company, there product is right up there in quality but i like there customer service and the rvf staff the best. I've never worked with such a great group of folks. They are doing so much for us in customizations that we have requested and they never once gave me a quick NO answer, they would always take my ideas to the engineers to make sure we can do it and if we can't they will be able to provide an actuel answer why not, imagine that.
I think in probably like the fit and finish the best. There interiors are hard to beat. Really and truly my only beef is the frame. Not a small thing I know. Its a lci frame wich aren't normally all that special but lci build the luxe frames to luxe specifications, wich is a drastic improvement. After seeing the actuel product and the improvements, I feel much better about the frame, since it is the back bone anyway.
I would put the rvf luxe 3rd down on the list of high end luxury fivers but above all the cookie cutter models. From first to worst I'd put in order
Spacecraft or Continental
New horizons
Luxe
Drv
All other cookie cutters.
Spacecraft requires as semi and is a true custom build but at least twice the cost as a luxe just to start. If i was rich I'd go this route. New horizons is better than luxe in the outlook that most load bearing and structural design is beefier. The frame and hyd cylinders are the top two things new horizons has over luxe. In my view these beefier structure details are a plus for sure but also over kill, wich would also have you to require a semi truck to haul it with. As a guy bigger and beefier is better but maybe not always needed. plus there about an extra 100k more for a 48ft th, Then there is us luxe folks. Most things are awesome and way better than average or cookie cutter. The frame and cylinders are plenty strong enough to haul around 30k but not really much more. Rvf is truly customizable just like the other two and 100k - 300k less money and you can haul it with a properly equiped 3500 truck. Than there is the rest. Definitly drv tops the ladder as the cookie cutter quick manufactured push em out the door fivers. I like luxe because it falls into a space all of its own. Right between the quick manufactured and the rock star rigs.
So it really comes down to your budget. Most of the very well equipped 48fb are coming in right around 200k, mine is going to be about 15k below that , but i have allot of deletions but also have 3.5 pgs of customizations. You could probably get one down around 175k if you skimped on some things but on the other ends of that, you can also go well over 200k as the sky is the limit with whatever you can dream up. If your willing to pay they will do about anything to that rig that you request.
Anyway you can tell I'm excited to talk luxe. We've loved the whole process so far and sorry if I've rambled for to long. Your more than welcome to dm me if you ever just want to talk any luxe specifics.
Again welcome to our luxe group.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:02 AM   #34

There are many unreadable posts by the OP--lack of paragraphs, poor punctuation, lack of capitalization: a Catholic school third grader would do better.

I feel better now.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpalmerCass View Post
There are many unreadable posts by the OP--lack of paragraphs, poor punctuation, lack of capitalization: a Catholic school third grader would do better.

I feel better now.
Your right. I'll be honest, I just don't give a rip about Defining paragraphs or proper punctuation and even numerous misspellings. I dont care about any of that, I'm just trying to help folks who need it and put my. 02 cents worth in, and talk anything luxe. That's what it's all about.
I was only in Catholic school untill 7th grade so apparently my public education after that runt me.
Your right, i feel better 2
Old 05-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #36

Thank you Billet Bee! Thank ya for all da Details to. We are also part of the Luxe owners FB page, or at least I should say my wife is... It seems that Luxe is having lots of issues with the new rigs. We are putting it on hold for now, but will look forward to hearing about yours two. I will certainly DM you if we move further. Thanks again

PS I through some more grammatical errors in for Jpalmerass, both intentionally and non-intentionally for the heck of it. Boy, I feel MUCH better 2.
badfroggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:18 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfroggs View Post
Thank you Billet Bee! Thank ya for all da Details to. We are also part of the Luxe owners FB page, or at least I should say my wife is... It seems that Luxe is having lots of issues with the new rigs. We are putting it on hold for now, but will look forward to hearing about yours two. I will certainly DM you if we move further. Thanks again

PS I through some more grammatical errors in for Jpalmerass, both intentionally and non-intentionally for the heck of it. Boy, I feel MUCH better 2.

I've stayed away from fb. There is an absolute ton of people on there luxe forum wich is great for info and help, i just hate the lack of privacy.
Your right on recent problems. The folks i keep in touch with on a weakly basis that have picked up there new units in the last year have mostly talked about electrical issues being the primary complaint. Rvf allways gets it fixed and took care of but they do need better qc while going through the build line. That's why I don't plan on leaving the lot untill I've run everything over and over again. I dont personnel cats how long I'm up there, i know they will make it all right and fixed up to our satisfaction before we leave. DM me anytime. I'm currently about 6 wks into the process and the frame should be arriving in the next 2-4 wks hopefully, then it gets real knock on wood.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:59 AM   #38

HEY EVERYONE! We hit over 1500 views on this luxe unofficial site. Please feel free to join our official luxe group buy becoming a member, we need so many members to sign up before irv2 will make us an official group on the manufacturers pg . Then we can all chat about all things luxe.
Best part is it's FREE & NO CONTACT ��lol
Old 06-24-2021, 08:23 PM   #39

Anybody have any idea what this junction box is for in the front electrical bay?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210624-215733.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	333508  

Tags
luxe