Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2021, 08:34 AM   #1

LUXE OWNERS unofficial group

I decided to start a thread for all who have owned a luxe from the rvf and who have experience with the prior arv. This is also for all who have interest in learning more about the brand and becoming a potential buyer, wich is where I'm at. All rvf comments , criticisms, and experiences are welcomed.
Im interested in the 48fb w/ side patio. Been in contact with Brienne at rvf for about ayr now. Plan on taking our factory tour around may and more than likely placing order. We have ful timed for 4-5 Yrs now and our looking for our last home. I'm a prior truck driver, so the length and weight are of no concern to me and we don't stay in st. Parks . At this point were just trying to negotiate on our specific options and build ideas. I'm also hoping that they take money off of the things that were not going to have wich will reduce there labor and parts on the job, ie: fuel tanks and pump, lower foldable happi jack bunks ( keep happi jack big bed), no solar prep, no outdoor speakers or radio, and minus one of the patio pkg steps. I'm sure there's other things but j don't have my list handy. I've done a ton of research and thet seem to have a extremely well built product and an extremely accommodating staff and help with getting things repaired. Well be doing soft wall's and ceiling through out, bath tub, beach wood, grey flooring through out, half bath in garage with pantry closet, w/d & d/w, big oven, power cord reel with built in surge protector. Thinking about if they can do little storage cubbies ( like were cord reel goes) ipo fuel tanks and pump. Also having then install my own high quality rvs 771 wired camera to plug directly into my new 20 ram with 12" infotainment. So thats my story and plans and feel free to post anything regarding the rvf luxe brand and or products and all knowledge and ideas are welcomed
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2021, 07:42 AM   #2

Has anybody noticed like I have that on the build site they raised the beginning base model price by $3900, at least on the 48fb anyway, I don't know what the rest were prior. I don't know if this is s mistake or spring is coming and there gauging, but $3900 is no small bump.
I also noticed on the build tool a few weeks ago that when you hit next and changed pages, the accumulated price had changed , by $6000. When i go through and select my options, everything works great until you get to the next to last pg. I select side patio option and keyless entry option ( around $6000), its then added to total and all is normal, until you hit next pg. On the last pg if you go to the bottom total before selecting any other options, you will find that the price from the prior pg has dropped by $6000. So the question is, when your on the last pg did it unselect the side patio and keyless entry or our they selected and there is some special promo, or is it just all screwed up. Anyway , I never noticed it until I made a spreadsheet of all my options and prices and noticed they didn't match wich made me pretty upset to find what we wanted is $6000 more. By know means am I hurting for $$$ ( obviously if I'm building a luxe) but I'm not rich either, we still live frugally and on a budget. It would be very disappointing to find out when you get there that the price is thousands higher than what you budgeted on. $6000 off on build tool and $4000 higher base model is a $10,000 suprise i can't live with
Or maybe I have to much time on my hands, hahaha
Anybody else notice this or know what's going on???
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:55 AM   #3

LUXE OWNERS unofficial group

Iíd expect a slight bump every year. Iíve been pestering New Horizons and Spacecraft for the last couple of years (getting ready to pull the trigger this spring!) and prices now are generally 10% higher than they were in Ď19 when I first reached out.

$3900 isnít that big of a YOY bump on a trailer in LUXEís price class.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:40 PM   #4

I'm trying to not go over a certain amount and that put a damper on my additions. Im still hopeing something is ascue somewhere , with the build tool showing a higher base price of 4000 and then taking off 6000 in options that you'd have to add back on, that 10,000 is a pretty good chunk, for me anyway, if it wasn't, id be throwing in the Tsunami without a thought. I wish they had a happy medium between free 2 color paint and $5999 - 3 color elite paint. I'm hoping that I can add another stripe on the free std paint that goes between front and rear markings.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:24 PM   #5

It would be best to call and talk to your rep if you have one. They'll have the numbers and will know what the latest is.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:40 AM   #6

I've been reaching out via email. She said they will take care of me no matter what. But I keep the pressure on until I get something in writing, I know that whole sales game. Once they get you there, they know your comited and its to late for dealing at that point. I do all my negotiating before hand so there's no surprises. that's what I did with my new truck, wore em down for 6 months prior or annoyed them wich ever you prefer. Either way it worked
Old 01-23-2021, 04:37 PM   #7

Everybody that has gotten the whole house soft wall's and ceiling, do they also do the garage or will the motorized wall bed rub them
Old 01-31-2021, 07:40 AM   #8

Any new news from you luxe folks with the soft wall's. What do they do in the garage. Can you do the soft wall and ceiling and what about the ez lift bed tracks. Do the soft wall up to the track then stop or can they do the whole wall???
Old 02-07-2021, 04:23 PM   #9

Any luxe owners have the bath tub?
How long is it?
How deep is it?
How has it held up?
Old 02-11-2021, 03:43 PM   #10

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
Has anybody noticed like I have that on the build site they raised the beginning base model price by $3900, at least on the 48fb anyway, I don't know what the rest were prior. I don't know if this is s mistake or spring is coming and there gauging, but $3900 is no small bump.
I also noticed on the build tool a few weeks ago that when you hit next and changed pages, the accumulated price had changed , by $6000. When i go through and select my options, everything works great until you get to the next to last pg. I select side patio option and keyless entry option ( around $6000), its then added to total and all is normal, until you hit next pg. On the last pg if you go to the bottom total before selecting any other options, you will find that the price from the prior pg has dropped by $6000. So the question is, when your on the last pg did it unselect the side patio and keyless entry or our they selected and there is some special promo, or is it just all screwed up. Anyway , I never noticed it until I made a spreadsheet of all my options and prices and noticed they didn't match wich made me pretty upset to find what we wanted is $6000 more. By know means am I hurting for $$$ ( obviously if I'm building a luxe) but I'm not rich either, we still live frugally and on a budget. It would be very disappointing to find out when you get there that the price is thousands higher than what you budgeted on. $6000 off on build tool and $4000 higher base model is a $10,000 suprise i can't live with
Or maybe I have to much time on my hands, hahaha
Anybody else notice this or know what's going on???

That 3900 dollar price increase now gives you the 5 year extended warranty included so you don't have to buy later. My 5 year extended warranty was 2988 when I purchased my Luxe Elite in August 2020.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:46 PM   #11

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
Any luxe owners have the bath tub?
How long is it?
How deep is it?
How has it held up?

I asked about the tub but found out it is the same length as the shower so it is not really a usable tub. The shower is great.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
I asked about the tub but found out it is the same length as the shower so it is not really a usable tub. The shower is great.
Talked to Brienne today and got the schematics for the tub. Its a53" 36 gallon. It didn't say the depth so I researched it. 8.5" deep to overflow or 12" deep to top edge. Ill get the tub for the wife and take out the overflow vent and cover it with a solid cover, and caulk. Also, basically any 53" tub that you can order online can be shipped to factory for install.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T 5428-76.pdf (338.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
That 3900 dollar price increase now gives you the 5 year extended warranty included so you don't have to buy later. My 5 year extended warranty was 2988 when I purchased my Luxe Elite in August 2020.
I do hate to disagree with you. That 5yr xtended warrnty has been on there for months and the price just went up $3900 about a month ago. I personally talked to Brienne about this a couple weeks ago and she said that I was right, they had went up due to vender price increases.
Also I just got off the phone today at 4pm cst as she called me about even more price changes. They are trying to pressure me into ordering now. I told them I would be at tgThe factory in May to take a tour and if we feel the same way we feel now then we'll order on the spot but I won't do it site unseen. She wanted me to come to the Texas meet and greet in two weeks and look at a similar model (44fb) to what I'm getting, (48fb/ side patio). It has no patio , short garage, no soft wall's, and no factory tour to see how it's built.
They said if I lock in my price either at or before the meet and great, I would get the lower rate, but she was already aware that after that prices were going to go up even more and she already knows the frame from lippert is going up $1200 and the cabinetry and ply is also going up. I'm not going to buy and order on site unseen with out even putting my eyes on the actual build process first. She could not confirm how many $$$$ they would go up with all venders included.
Its spring with a little pressure campaign to boot . I told her ill have to take my chances in may or just wait until fall. I will buy on my terms or i don't buy. I took almost a yr to wear down my truck dealership from 85k down to 69k. Ill do what it takes again, they work for us. I hate sales pressure, errrrrr.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:20 PM   #14

also if anybody can add specific details of the 5yr x tended warrnty plan that would be great, I read it over and over and it just looks like a bunch of glorified road side assistance. It says 1 full yr of pin to bumper, ( wich all dealers give) and the rest just looks like hype, road side assistance stuff. In my view unless it's a true 5yr pin to bumper warrnty, its not worth it, anybody have documentation of proof. These pictuers were taken in early December 2020 before prices went up in January.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201217-234404.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	317838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201217-234424.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	317840  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201217-234500.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	317841  

Tags
luxe