Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #57
Pup

Texas Boomers Club
Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I hate haggling! I don't do it anymore. I bought my truck and my trailer over the internet. Contact all dealers within reasonable driving distance that have the mdoel you want. Tell them you want their lowest "out the door" price. You may have to repeat "out the door" a few times. All fees, etc. Then compare. Also see what they include in the sale. Some may include propane, hoses, extra items. Compare what is offered and what is the lowest price. If you like one dealer over another, tell them the best offer you've gotten and see if they will match it. No hassle, no haggle. It was AMAZING and i got really good deals on both truck and trailer. I will never go through a salesman again. At the beginning of the process, while I was trying to figure out which trailer I wanted, I was stuck on a lot with a guy that would NOT tell me the price unless I agreed that I would buy it that day. I told him I was too old to play this game and I would not deal with him. Tell me the price, or I'm walking. Needless to say I walked, and got on the net. If a salesman has shown you the trailer, you can direct your emails to him and he will get his commission. I refused to talk on the phone (be harrangued) and dealt only through email. It worked a charm! Good luck!

Liz
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2019, 03:51 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
As someone else said, inspect the rig very carefully, try every system. Have them fill with water, try all faucets, water heater. Run the furnace and the A/C. Check every light, TV, Radio (if equipped). Inspect cabinets, be sure doors and drawers operate properly.

Have them repair or fix everything before you take it off the lot.

They won't put the time or expense into fixing things until the deal is made, and you can always back out of the deal if you haven't taken it off the lot.

I was in the RV service business as a service advisor, and believe me it's much easier to get things fixed before you leave with the rig than to schedule future service appointments and bring it back.
Getting warranty work done on a unit is WHOLE thread of its own....there are very few out there who don’t have a horror story about that! It is so much easier to leave it on the lot, get the punch out items done before you sign that final payment doc....you’d be surprised how fast it gets done!
RonandSueH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:25 AM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
Couldn’t agree with you more!! Our first RV from CW Savannah Ga, had my check list found a few things needed fixing, they assured me that they will take care of them later, big mistake!! Never again!! Our current RV from private seller, hired a professional RV tech, found a few things, seller agreed to lower the agreed price to cover the cost. Was worth the $500 inspection fee.
Good luck and enjoy your new RV
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:43 AM   #60

I can't help thinking of lazy days the same way I think of any used car sales outfit. They dont care about me. I dont care about them.
When they wont budge I get out my phone and find a better deal elsewhere. I show it to them. And say I'm willing to drive/fly x amount of miles for this much savings. This usually loosens things up a bit.
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, offer