Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
...or what I would have previously called an "RV junk shop" is not as bad as I thought.
I took the time to find something that would substitute as one of those round tabletops for the steering wheel...but I did NOT want to spend $50 or more for it. Well..I found it for $15 at one of these places...
It is a piece of corian that actually is the same color corian that is in the coach...except for the edge. Here is my "Woman's Touch" corner with a light on a timer so I come home to a lighted rig at night...

...and the final result...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
...or what I would have previously called an "RV junk shop" is not as bad as I thought.
I took the time to find something that would substitute as one of those round tabletops for the steering wheel...but I did NOT want to spend $50 or more for it. Well..I found it for $15 at one of these places...
It is a piece of corian that actually is the same color corian that is in the coach...except for the edge. Here is my "Woman's Touch" corner with a light on a timer so I come home to a lighted rig at night...

...and the final result...

Old 11-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Very pretty choices. You would never know that is the driver's seat with a steering wheel in your living room. I wonder what other personal touches others have done to make their home on wheels more comfortable. I hope others share.

You've inspired me to create a special corner, when I get to spend more time in the motorhome.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:11 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hope my wife doesn't see this!!!
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #5

Great Idea! Looks very nice.

I wish I was that creative....

Instead of trying to find the meaning of life, live a life with meaning
amy5708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #6

Hi ladies, a newbee, spending superbowl here with you. Went thru the whole MB till i found the Shopping thread, great. Loved the night light on the table, some folks are so creative.
elainefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">some folks are so creative </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL... I am telling all of you that I am not that creative...we just went in with an open mind of what would work! The first thing I did when Sacs found this piece...was to find a steering wheel that was for sale to see if this fit!

Just remember to keep an open mind anytime you are looking for something!

MM

Old 02-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I can't wait for next week when we will be living in the MH and I can share some of the things I've been busy with. DH and I retired a month ago and I had not had my sewing machine out of the closet in about 15 years. Well, now that I'm not working I've been busy doing stuff I want to do. I got the sewing machine out and it worked! Just like riding a bike.

I re-upholstered the headboard for a second time and made a couple matching pillows. I've changed out the bedspread (only once). I'm also working on my personal corner, as MonacoMama did. Actually, I drive so the steering wheel is mine and now it serves two purposes for me! One while we're moving and another while we are sitting still. I'll post photos in a week or so to share with you all.
Mic, of
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Mic..
I can't wait to see photos of all your handy work!! Do we have to wait until you finally get away from the stick house??

MM

Old 02-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I've got a similar wrought iron votive holder that sits on our dining table & another smaller tealight lamp on the end table next to the couch. I use battery-operated votives (I have 2 different flame colors, 1 set is yellow, 1 set is red) in them. No worry about minding an open flame & they last FOREVER since the lights are LED.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #11

I love that idea with the corian. How did you make it stay there?

So far the only "homey" thing we have in our MH (that didn't come with it) is dog hair. It works - Just like home!
Full Moon Over Salem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Full Moon..
Our steering wheel will sit level (horizontal) so I just lay the corian piece on top of it. The corian is heavy enough that it does not move.
Easy...clean...inexpensive!

MM