Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2021, 11:53 AM   #1

Maybe it's the stock market

Maybe the tremendous rise in the stock market is fueling the demand for rvs.......

Many of those who made consistent contributions to 401ks
are now enjoying the kind of retirement that was once reserved for public employees.
Fogbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2021, 12:43 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I see it differently.....people had money to spend, but there was no place to spend it. Two years in a row, we've had to cancel an Alaska cruise. We booked it again for 2022 and many of the cruises for July/August (prime season) were almost sold out. So people are trying to spend their money.

Just like everyone else, people just want to get out of their houses and go somewhere, anywhere and escape Covid for a few days or few weeks. Their only option is to go camping.

The campgrounds will be crowded until at least 2024 and reservations will be hard to get. If Covid goes away by the end of 2021, you'll see camping ease up in 2022 and people will start dumping their Covid RV impulse purchase in 2023 or 2024 when they realize they're not using them and they're expensive to store and maintain. There will be some converts that realize they liked camping and add to the crowds in the RV parks.

There have been some new RV parks popping up, but I don't see a huge increase in parks due to lack of land and the knowledge that when RVing slows down, it'll be tough to stay in business, like the last RV slump.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:47 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I certainly don't see any "lack of land" so I doubt it's a factor in anything.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadEyePie View Post
I certainly don't see any "lack of land" so I doubt it's a factor in anything.
Lack of land where people want to go. Obviously, you can build something in the Sahara Desert, but I don't want to camp there!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:02 PM   #5

Land in general isn't the issue, it's all about being in the right location.

The trouble is the RV parks that were in high demand/high population areas eg: San Diego, and the likes, the land value became worth more to develop into condos and residential or otherwise so that's why we tend to lose more CG's it's felt over the past couple decades than we've gained particularly in higher traffic/demand areas.

As for high demand in RVs today, I feel and see it the same way DS Don does. People are COVID frustrated, and looking for ways to get something outside the mundane "stay at home orders". Some will discover they've enjoyed RVing/Camping and stick with it somewhat and others will when allowed start booking their Caribbean, European, all inclusive and cruise vacations. The latter I'm anticipating due to demand for the prices to go through the roof.

The folks that made the highest killing in their retirement (401's) investments at the front end were typically the Baby Boomers, especially in the 80's. Just a general savings account was giving double digits back then and it didn't take the historically referenced 7 years to double your investment during that time, whilst still investing conservatively.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:21 PM   #6

the panic over the virus has fueled sales of all outdoor activity gear. every time we went camping last year the campsites were usually full in every park. kayaks and boats and jet skis all in short supply and here in the DFW area every pool builder has a waiting list. folks gave up public events for family stuff. we had 5 or 6 big family cookouts and took more trips with the travel trailer than usual to get out of the house. a lot of the campers we came across were staying long term and working online from their rv while their kids had more room to roam.
runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:53 PM   #7

Stock Market Rise...nah

Stock Market Decline WILL affect the RV Market........flooding the used market
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:02 AM   #8

Don’t forget that many went from required to work in the office to now work from home. We certainly would be traveling if both of us could work from home.

Kids were not required to be at school as well. They can also school from home.

This released a lot of folks to be on the road.
Astasoftride is offline   Reply With Quote