Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2022, 02:48 PM   #57

Thor Owners Club
I'm sure that by the time we have all reached this point in our lives, it's pretty easy to realize when we see things like this, that most people do what ever is most convenient for them. I think it's rare in this day and age to find individuals who think at all about how their behavior impacts anyone other than themselves.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2022, 02:54 PM   #58

I would consider disconnecting my Jeep and tow the car to another location
Old 02-24-2022, 02:55 PM   #59

Same thing at Flying J cars, motorcycles, tractor part of big rigs, etc. 4 wheelers at the RV pumps. That's just the stationary stuff. 4 wheelers zipping in and out and pedestrians just wandering around in a daze. Certainly a challenge.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:56 PM   #60

Not about CB parking or eating, but a general comment on courtesy. When I was a teen, I worked in retail. When a customer made a purchase, we thanked them for their business with a smile. Now I see a preponderance of the customers thanking the cashier? Unless someone re-wrote the rules and I missed it, I think that is messed up.

I deal with the issue by saying, "your welcome". Really throw them off. Had a few ask me why I said it. I reply, "Didn't you say thank you?" to which they are totally dumbfounded.

My bigger gripe is shopping carts left who knows where, not to mention stolen, i.e. taken home. I am the guy who takes a cart not in a corral and brings it in with me.

How about the people who leave refrigerated and frozen items everywhere in the store but where they found them. If you decide in the cereal aisle you don't want that gallon of ice cream, bring it back where you found it.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:56 PM   #61

Chicken and Dumplings are yummmmmy!

Breakfast is great too.

Never had a bad meal there.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:57 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Had issues previously at other Cracker Barrels.....we're done with them

Besides the food was never that good ---- mediocre/so-so
Your experience echoes ours. We went twice or so on long road trips. Decor...meh. Cleanliness and food taste, bah, nothing great. Pricing was average, but who cares if you'd prefer to be cooking a GOOD meal in your RV?

NEVER overnighted at one of these places.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:58 PM   #63

Short-Sheeted

I was so excited to get my "new-to-me" 40 footer and toad, heading for the nearest Cracker Barrel and didn't fit in the RV space so we found a Buc-ees and life was once again good!
Old 02-24-2022, 03:08 PM   #64

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX4253 View Post
I'm sure that by the time we have all reached this point in our lives, it's pretty easy to realize when we see things like this, that most people do what ever is most convenient for them. I think it's rare in this day and age to find individuals who think at all about how their behavior impacts anyone other than themselves.

Yes. Nothing to do with Cracker Barrel. More to do with any kind of consideration for anyone else.
Old 02-24-2022, 03:08 PM   #65

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
OK I’m all ears… Name another restaurant chain that has better food and better spur of the moment overnight RV parking and I will try them out.
I use Google Earth to scope out CBs on my route for possible overnites toward a final destination. As a 45' w/dingy, the so-called CB RV spots don't work for me so I look at the perimeter of the lot, usually out back or down the sides away from the entrance.

I usually try to start looking for a stopping point around 3-5 PM. I rarely have an issue with parking, but if I do I just move on to the next alternative I have identified. No worries.

I ALWAYS make it a point to go in, order something either then or the next AM, and I ask to speak with the manager. I want them to know I am there, and I appreciate their RV policy!

As the person whom I have quoted above implies, for a nationwide chain, I can't think of another which is so consistently welcoming to RVers.
Old 02-24-2022, 03:13 PM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
A lot of this restaurant .Are not setup for bigger camper.If two cars are park head light to tail light you will fit in that spot anyway even it was empty
Old 02-24-2022, 03:15 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
A lot of this restaurant .Are not setup for bigger camper.If two cars are park head light to tail light you will not fit in that spot anyway even it was empty
Old 02-24-2022, 03:17 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
What irks me is that there was plenty of car parking available closer to the restaurant. Attachment 357098
I am also waiting for all other people to become as perfict as me Sounds like it is time for the Wambulance to come!!

Mind over matter brother!! There had to be thousands of things that went more than right. Just for you to have the privilege of owning a home on wheels. Go easy on yourself. It is all going to be alright.
Old 02-24-2022, 03:25 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
Haven’t had service issues yet knock on wood. Cracker barrels are my favorite place to boodock and have breakfast while traveling. I just wish they’d go back to pre-Covid hours. They open at seven now instead of…I think they used to open at six.
Exactly what I found too. Got there about 6:40 and the place is closed. Had to go to waffle House which is not my favorite by any means.
Old 02-24-2022, 03:32 PM   #70

Nothing special

We’ve stopped at Cracker Barrel but nothing special there. Never had one cook my eggs correctly. I hate runny whites and they just can’t seem to cook them to order.. We’ll only stop if there is nothing else open.
Closed Thread