Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2005, 04:55 AM   #1

Typing from Camp Hatteras CG, Rodanthe, NC. A couple approached last night and asked if I owned the pickup with the iRV2 sticker. I proudly said yes and engaged in conversation with Richard (Winnie33 ? spelling) and Debbie from the mainland NC. Talked about weather, the quality of our rigs and of course iRV2. I wondered many times if my sticker was noticed and just how any people knew what it meant. I found one, and only 600+ miles from home. Anyhow, it just proved that RVers and especially iRV2ers are friendly people. It was a pleasure meeting you both.

David
Trooper25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2005, 04:55 AM   #2

Typing from Camp Hatteras CG, Rodanthe, NC. A couple approached last night and asked if I owned the pickup with the iRV2 sticker. I proudly said yes and engaged in conversation with Richard (Winnie33 ? spelling) and Debbie from the mainland NC. Talked about weather, the quality of our rigs and of course iRV2. I wondered many times if my sticker was noticed and just how any people knew what it meant. I found one, and only 600+ miles from home. Anyhow, it just proved that RVers and especially iRV2ers are friendly people. It was a pleasure meeting you both.

David
Trooper25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:47 AM   #3

I guess it does happen. I've been keeping an eye for 2 years or so and no luck yet.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:22 AM   #4

Trooper25D: Great story. Your stickers are doing just what they were meant to do. If We all display our stickers with pride, the're be many more good storys to write.

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #5

We have met a couple of folks that have seen our stickers in the last 3 years. I have placed one sticker on back of the fiver and another on our portable dish network dish that I use on a tripod stand. Put a sticker on your dish. It will not interfere with the signal and looks great on that dull grey dish. I just ordered another sticker for the new truck.

Another idea is to post where your going camping in the "WHo's Camping this weekend forum". That way other members can search you out and say Hi if they happen to be at the same campground.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
We met a couple last fall in CA. with a sticker and have talked about IRV2 with folks when they ask. Now with our T- shirt we had several questions when we went to the local RV show.

You are right its great to finally meet someone. If you can ever go to a rally, either local or our annual that is the best, to put faces to the names is super and you will never forget. We will miss meeting everyone this year in PA. but will have to make it next year.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #7

Yes, it is nice to meet other members. I got to meet Hitchhiker (Richard) and his wife, and W5IT (Don) and his wife, in the spring; but I'm not allowed to say where,they swore me to secretcy until after the National Ralley. Both are very nice people, as most campers are.

04 Everest 343L, 07 Chevy 3500 SRW,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
R.G.Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
You met 2 of the best there..

Have fun
Old 06-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #9
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Hi Rod,

It's great to see you on the forums and posting, and thanks for the complimentary comments. I really enjoyed our visit too; you'll only need to keep that little secret under your hat for a few more weeks.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:02 AM   #10

Six years of looking and I've yet to see my first one! We have two stickers on the rig and never had anyone come up to us! But again, we do our RV'ing in the winter months down South so maybe we're dealing with a different crowd.

2006 32' Sunny Brook
rehcuobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #11

We definately will be watching for stickers when we are camped this year, or if we are on the road and see one in passing..does anybody still monitor cb channells? If so, which ones..I have heard 13, but it seems pretty quiet in my part of the country!

2004 Dodge Cummins Diesel H.O., Dually, 4-dr. long box, 6WD.
bobnkathleen hartman is offline   Reply With Quote