Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
MH Front Window Glass Insurance.

Our current MH-2010 Dutch Aire is presently insured through Foremost Ins as was our previous MH-2004 Dutch Star. For some reason, Foremost does not offer front glass coverage if the MH is registered in the state of Missouri. Are there any 3rd party companies that can/would furnish this coverage only? Not interested in leaving Foremost as they are reasonably priced.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #2

Can't speak directly to your question. However, I had Foremost RV insurance for some time and bought a new motorhome a couple of weeks ago. Foremost gave me a premium of a little over $2200/year. I checked with National General insurance and got insurance with higher coverage limits for $1750/year. For nearly a $500/year savings I switched. That's for insurance in TN.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We insure house and cars through Farmers and checked into Foremost (Farmers "toy" insurance company) and their quotes were really non-competitive and in the "go away" category.

We ended up with National General. First year it was 1/4 of Foremost and this year we checked again it was only about 2-1/2 times as much. We added glass coverage this year with NG for $66/year. Our premium took a big jump this year to $1200, but we've seen similar increases in our Farmers car policies too.

I'm convinced that insurance companies keep raising existing customer's premiums until they go find a better deal with a new company. We had Allstate for years and stopped doing business with them after we found out that we could get house and car at much lower premiums. I'm pretty much resigned to switching insurance companies every 3 years.
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks guys for the replies.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:21 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

According to this source, the state of Missouri requires that the vehicle Comprehensive insurance cover the windshield, at whatever deductible applies to the Comprehensive part of your policy. In other words, you don't need separate windshield glass coverage in Missouri. It's already covered if you have comprehensive insurance.

Missouri Auto Glass | Windshield Resources
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #6
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Gary

I can only repeat what my Ins Agt told me and that is ws glass coverage is offered for cars, pu trks in the state of Missouri through Farmers as we have in on our towed car but Foremost does not offer ws glass coverage for "Class A Motor Homes". Am I missing something here in your post? I was in his office when he called the main office. They do offer coverage in other states for class A ws glass but not Missouri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
According to this source, the state of Missouri requires that the vehicle Comprehensive insurance cover the windshield, at whatever deductible applies to the Comprehensive part of your policy. In other words, you don't need separate windshield glass coverage in Missouri. It's already covered if you have comprehensive insurance.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I would just call the Missouri Dept of Insurance at: 573-751-4126

Ask them what the regulations are concerning windshield coverage.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #8

Quote:

I'm in Texas and my comprehensive covers the glass as well. Only thing is, the big deductible I have chosen to go with was higher than what it cost for the windshield i had replaced last year. It was cheaper to just pay out of pocket. After that one hit, I found out that Progressive offers a zero deductible glass coverage option. Less than $50 a year covers it, making the decision to add it a no brainer.

I can't imagine Foremost not having some form of glass coverage, even in Missouri. I'd be looking elsewhere for insurance if this was true.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:23 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
California covers the windshield under Comprehensive. I have $500 deductible on all but the Comprehensive. For about $44.00 more a year, I lowered my Comprehensive to $100.00 deductible. Two windshields replaced, making the $44.00 a savings.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Am I missing something here in your post?

I gave you the source for my info. If you are convinced it's wrong, talk to them, not me. I suppose it's possible Missouri insurance regs do not cover motorhomes, but I would ask the state insurance commisoner's office about that. Be sure to stipulate that it's a private vehicle. not commercial.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #11
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
I gave you the source for my info. If you are convinced it's wrong, talk to them, not me. I suppose it's possible Missouri insurance regs do not cover motorhomes, but I would ask the state insurance commisoner's office about that. Be sure to stipulate that it's a private vehicle. not commercial.
Good point-will do.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:33 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

I just saw a guy on another RV site mention that he damaged his coach windshield when he clipped an obstruction at the edge of a road. He is getting a replacement windshield with zero deductible. He lives outside Springfield, MS, and is insured by Allied (Nationwide).

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/ind...,116954.0.html

Tags
insurance, window