Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
MH storage, how much, what kind?

I am interested in pursuing some MH storage for owners in my area. I want to know if there are comments and discussions on storing MHs and whether or not a facility would be worth it to build. So, how do you store your MH, how much do you pay per month, is it out doors, does it have power, and so on. I guess I need to know what you would be willing to pay for enclosed MH storage per month and whether you think it is a problem storing it outside. I need to know if there is a demand out there for such a facility.
billdreamlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2016, 09:40 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Depends on the competition in your area. Here in San Diego, CA standard fees are $100 per month and they do not have power.
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We pay $111 a month, outside, no hookups, no dump on site. They do have 3 couples that live in MH's onsite so it is fairly secure. Nearest covered storage (not indoors) is much higher.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:07 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Here are my "must haves:"

- Security...locked individual gate, limited access to the area would be nice, but not available.

- Fully enclosed...out of sun, rain, hail, snow, etc.

- Power...reliable, not much but enough to keep the batteries charged.

- My space in 20' x 50' and $150/mo...in a boat dealer's lot. There are five of us in individually locked spaces in one building.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Security is king. Power is a good thing. Covered is top of the line, with fully enclosed the top of the top. Price per month is very dependant on your area, you need to do a comp study of your area. Then do a ROI analysis on the various build out options (open uncovered without power to fully enclosed and powered). Additionally what services could be offered. Such as dump site, interior/exterior RV cleaning, etc. Our previous coach was stored at a facility that cleaned the coach inside and out each time the owner returned from a trip.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #6

Around here it's about 100 per month for secure outdoor storage. I am not aware of any enclosed or covered storage options near me. Another reason to get out of the neighborhood hoa thing too!
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:50 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Puget Sound Wa area 32' drive through, gated at both ends, metal building with fenced secure card gate 24 hour, power at extra charge $15, $109 per month. Little less for shorter a little more for longer. Waited and begged and was a pain for a year to get the spot a little less than a mile from the house. No dump station but have rest area stations on almost any route home and come home MT. Fuel and propane near by with good access and do water at the house while preparing to go. Only drive though I've seen in the area. Cost is about average around the area, if you can get one. Open air about half the covered cost with better availability.

LEN
Old 11-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Indoor, individual bays, each with lockable roll up door.
Concrete floors, 15amp electric, bay is 12' wide by 45' long.
$ 300.00 a month year round lease. They have 60 bays in
four buildings with a waiting list of 3-12 months. Near Harrisburg, PA.
If you build it, they will come.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #9
tcg

Where I'm at in Michigan there's lots of storage places.

I pay $240 for 6 months with 24/7 gated access. There aren't any near me either indoors or covered. None with power.

I would pay more to have mine covered (not indoors) but I'm not worried about power.

We're going to North Fort Myers between Thanksgiving and Christmas. For one or two weeks we're staying with freinds. Our plan was to put in a storage yard for that time.

I'm glad I called ahead, almost all the places I called were filled until one place told me to call their competitor. They have 60 acres and said no problem getting me in. It's 60 bucks for a month.

Prices in Fort Myers ranged from 60 bucks to 300 per month. The highest had power and covered.

One place (covered with power) I almost stored at but decided not to because he explained they do not rent for just a few days. I said fine, I'll pay the 300 for a month but I'll only be there for 2 weeks tops.

He proceeded to tell me how they take their security seriously and people like me were a security risk. I said I would pay for a month, I have an expensive rig with title, registration and photo ID, what's the problem?

He finally agreed to rent to me but after I thought about it I said never mind.

As to your question I guess it all depends what's available in your area, there may be a market or it may be saturated.

My biggest requirement was close to home, security, and easy in easy out with a pull through spot. I would have liked it a little wider but I can get in and out of the rv so I guess it's wide enough.

A dump station would also be nice. Some places around me have them some don't.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:10 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by macandphyl View Post
Indoor, individual bays, each with lockable roll up door.
Concrete floors, 15amp electric, bay is 12' wide by 45' long.
$ 300.00 a month year round lease. They have 60 bays in
four buildings with a waiting list of 3-12 months. Near Harrisburg, PA.
If you build it, they will come.
That is what I thought. The problem with the development is finding land to do this. How big a parcel does it have to be to get pull through bays?
Old 11-07-2016, 08:17 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Price is going to be dependent on location.

We are just south of Boston and keep our motorhome in indoor storage 20 minutes further south. Enclosed, but not climate controlled and no electric, $259/month.
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
Price is going to be dependent on location.

We are just south of Boston and keep our motorhome in indoor storage 20 minutes further south. Enclosed, but not climate controlled and no electric, $259/month.
Born in Quincy. Love those clams and don't get very many out here in Vegas. Love the BOSoxs too. With a paint job that costs $25,000 you would think that others would store them indoors. The sun out here will bake the paint right off the MH in about 6 years.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:29 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
We store our Isata3 along with our tow vehicle at an indoor facility in the Orlando area for just under $300 a month.

momdoc
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:46 AM   #14

I've got covered storage (top only, no sides) near Perry, GA for $74.00 per month. It's actually at a campground, so dump, propane, full hookup sites are readily available at an additional fee.

Tags
storage