Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2015, 12:42 PM   #85

What a wonderful variety of ways to do the same thing.

Since the late '70s 'till now we have always stopped when we were tired and started when we were rested, usually in rest areas, truck stops, WalMarts, or whatever was available. It is the easiest and fastest way we've found, just pull in when you're ready and leave when you're ready. No reservations needed. The distance travelled may be 400 miles or 800 miles, we just stop when we want to. I've learned that most welcome center rest areas have dump stations, and that is what we generally use. Some states also have dump stations at other rest areas. Off the interstates we use whatever dump facilities we find, usually in campgrounds. I guess even when travelling interstates we have nearly always been in a "boondocking mode" and some of the places we've stayed both on and off the freeways have provided wonderful memories, but when travelling that way dump facilities become very important.

About the only time we stay in campgrounds is when it is necessary in order to visit something we want to see.

Just another way of doing the same thing.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2015, 05:54 AM   #86

I'm odd but u go as far as I feel like that day I've done as little as 50 and as many as 700 miles in a day. If i feel good I go. If i feel bad I don't. But I'm weird.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #87

I of course can drive all day and all night, but my truck absolutely refuses to go more than 250 miles a day. I know It's a lazy truck but what can I do.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #88

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
Yes, we never know what tomorrow will bring. We had way too many friends put off their dreams waiting for later and later didn't come. We are doing everything in our power (and within the limitations of our wallet) to do everything we want to do and see everything we want to see now, while we are healthy and able to do it. We can sleep when we're 90.
Yep, that's what happened to us! Put retirement off due to death of her daughter and raising the two grandsons. Now the DW has liver cancer and is on the transplant list so we can't travel very far even if she felt well enough to go.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:25 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Yep, that's what happened to us! Put retirement off due to death of her daughter and raising the two grandsons. Now the DW has liver cancer and is on the transplant list so we can't travel very far even if she felt well enough to go.

What a blessing for those two boys to have awesome grandparents like you. You and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers. You will certainly be rewarded for your selflessness.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote