Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2019, 11:15 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mobility scooter in MH bay

Has anyone built something, in your MH bay (maybe something sliding) to store your mobility scooter in it?

I have a 1995 PACE Arrow and a Golden Buzzaround Scooter (https://www.spinlife.com/Golden-Tech...oductID=112020)
If anyone is looking for a fantastic scooter, I HIGHLY recommend this one!

Thank you!!
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2019, 12:42 PM   #2

It would certainly be possible to store it in a storage bay but it just depends on how much room you have. Plus, you'd have to have a ramp to get it in and out. Probably getting a rear carrier would be best and easiest to handle but then you'd have weather, dust issues. Another option would be to tow a small truck and store it in the rear bed. Again, ramps would be necessary. Good luck!!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #3
YC1

Our Ford Edge is our toad and carries two mobility scooters in the space in the back. The scooters come apart just as yours does. We remove the battery, seat, and pop the rear part off. Then the main part is light and easy to place in the back. The battery is set back in place and plugged into the charger so we can just run an extension cord to them. The back closes fine on the cord.

The wheel/motor portion is placed in front of the battery. The tiller is then lowered down. The seat is placed upside down on top of the tiller arm. This makes a very compact package and two fit side by side. The baskets even have room.

To answer the question of storing in the MH. If it goes under a slide you have to deal with that potential back difficulty and head bumping too. If you have a compartment not hindered by a slide and have space just build your own slide out and ramp.

Take the seat off of course and lower the tiller and drive it in if you have room. Then put the seat upside down on top of the tiller.

I have stored our scooters in the MH by taking them apart but that is a bit of a pain since we almost always take the scooters in the Edge.

The scooters are rarely taken out of the Edge unless for using or maintenance.

I wish I could find some Lithium batteries that have enough size to run them. They are horrendously expensive and just not popular enough to get the price down yet.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:09 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you everyone for your ideas!! 😊
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #5

Do you haul a toad/car behind your MH? If so, how about removing the rear seat cushion and back cushion if needed and use a ramp to get the scooter inside the back seat area?
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:17 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a Tiffin 35 QBA. We also have a GO-GO mobility scooter. I remove the seat and battery and store them in one bay. I can then easily lift and slide the GO-GO in another bay. I have been doing this for over 5 years with no issues. The rear of the scooter is started into the bay first and as it rolls back the front wheels are slightly cut as the front is pushed into the bay.

It would most certainly depend on the size of your bays and the length of your scooter but the GO-GO is a perfect fit for any one of the four larger bays on our Tiffin.

Later today I will try posting a picture of the scooter sitting in the bay.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:39 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scooter.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	238942

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat and battery.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	238943

Here are pictures of the scooter, seat and battery in the bays. Keep in mind that the scooter also separates easily into two pieces which makes it lighter and would not require as large as bay.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up Mobility Scooter

The wife has mobility problems and a Jazzy scooter. it's heavy and takes up a lot of space. So we purchased an "Air Hawk", weighs about 60lb with batteries, folds up without disassembly. The batteries are lithium (no spill) and can be removed in about 10 sec. AND it fits in the rear of my Mini Cooper and about anywhere else.
Roger6730 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scooter, mobility