Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #757

Well, not too exciting, but installed a Milton V Style Hi-flo coupler yesterday. Started with a 1/4" ball valve off the air tank, then a 3' section of 250# Goodyear hose. Coupler is easily accessible, yet hidden from view when the luggage compartment doors are closed. Can fill inflatables, tires and at 145# of pressure, run pneumatic tools if I so choose.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #758

Ford Super Duty Owner
After discovering that gas station air compressors aren't very good at inflating to 90 plus psi I followed recommendations on this site and got the 6 gal 150psi compressor from harbor freight and 50 ft of air hose. Mounted it solid in one of the bays so I'm self-sufficient for air now. Got just enough room left in that bay for the golf cart charger so will mount that next. Then will run 120v line for plugs in the bay so don't have to use extension cord to outside plug.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #759

Hey all, just bought a shadow cruiser S314TSB for the family and I to enjoy our time together camping. After a couple of trips you always make notes of what/how you can make the next trip better with access to storage and/or opening up storage to make it easier. some of the simple mods we did (sorry no pics yet) were:

Jack knife sofa storage: removed the bottom cover and installed cabinet magnets door closures, which allowed us to remove the fascia and access the under sofa storage easier.
Added folding drink holders to the master bed and bunkbed areas for us to have drink access during the night.
Added another gas door shock to the master bed since it wouldn't stay up on its own with one shock. With 2 shocks, we can open the under bed storage and it stays open.
Installed a 200W solar panel array with controller.

More to come as we make small mods. Love the TT so far, and plan on many more family memories as time goes on...
JnDMac1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #760

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Removed the hide-a-bed and replaced it with 2 swivel recliners.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401645909.966997.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	803.6 KB
ID:	64346

Not really a mod, but replaced the EPDM roof on our 42 footer.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401646060.121782.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	717.8 KB
ID:	64347

All work done by yours truly, with an assist from my son to get rubber up to roof and glued down.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #761

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401667546.670888.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	733.0 KB
ID:	64373
made the table for use as a computer stand and to extend the dining table.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #762

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Nifty way to run a Honda or Yamaha inverter Generator from your motorhome.

I have been a fan of the Inverter generators since they came out. They are the quietest most economical Generators on the market. I run my entire hunting camp on one. Nine hours per gallon. I bought a motorhome last year and had to run the onboard generator for several days. (5500 Generac) I was amazed at the amount of gas that it used.
At my camp we use an ‘extend a tank’. It holds an extra 5 gallons and the EU2000 sucks the gas from it before running out. Run time with it is about 3 ½ days. I found a guy who made me a quality hookup that allows me to draw right from my onboard gas tank. He made the aluminum cap, the proper hookup and the “T” for my gas line for a little over $100.
Last week I didn’t have to run the AC and just used the Honda for 5 days. Worked like a charm. I probably saved the price of the hookup. I already had the generator. I could have put the generator in one of the bays, but made this rack so I could also carry an extra cooler. I did find that I had to put the generator on the ground to get it to feed properly.
Just thought this might be of interest to someone, If so, I can post this guy’s e-mail. He has some health issues and only does this part time.
Attached Thumbnails
If you look close at the picture I posted, you will see the metal theft guard over the handle. The one design flaw that the EU2000s have is that the plastic handle can be cut very easily. $40 bucks at camping world and other dealers.
My brother lost a brand new EU2000 at the Richmond Nascar race. His lock was cut and from then on he only used the round locks. They are designed so that you can't get a bolt cutter in there very easily.
Gerryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #763

Map and Tour Book Cabinet

The Fleetwood (and American Coach) Revolutions do not have a convenient space to store maps and tour books. Directly in front of the passengers feet was a carpeted panel that is not intended to be opened. After some investigation I was able to remove the panel to find 3" of usable space. I constructed a shallow box with hinged doors and wrapped everything in black vinyl to match the lower portion of the instrument panel. The door handles match the rest of the coach. There is enough space for 2 dozen maps, a few tour books and a couple of compact umbrellas. My wife loves it!

Dave 07 Rev 40E
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2806.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	65186   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2807.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	65187  

Sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:05 AM   #764

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarkid View Post
Removed the hide-a-bed and replaced it with 2 swivel recliners.
Attachment 64346

Not really a mod, but replaced the EPDM roof on our 42 footer.
Attachment 64347

All work done by yours truly, with an assist from my son to get rubber up to roof and glued down.
Wow, that roof looks great!! I'm planning on doing my roof very soon. I'm going to be using Pro-Flex Primer and then Liquid Rubber. Do you just roll it on? Is it difficult? Any tips for a rookie like me??
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:44 AM   #765

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Nice find and nice work sport tech" t love it when folks discover unused space and turn it into something useful!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:48 AM   #766
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech View Post
The Fleetwood (and American Coach) Revolutions do not have a convenient space to store maps and tour books. Directly in front of the passengers feet was a carpeted panel that is not intended to be opened. After some investigation I was able to remove the panel to find 3" of usable space. I constructed a shallow box with hinged doors and wrapped everything in black vinyl to match the lower portion of the instrument panel. The door handles match the rest of the coach. There is enough space for 2 dozen maps, a few tour books and a couple of compact umbrellas. My wife loves it!

Dave 07 Rev 40E
Fantastic Rev mod!
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #767

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler6357 View Post
Wow, that roof looks great!! I'm planning on doing my roof very soon. I'm going to be using Pro-Flex Primer and then Liquid Rubber. Do you just roll it on? Is it difficult? Any tips for a rookie like me??

This was a full EPDM replacement.
Old roof off and new EPDM down.

Liquid rubber goes on with a roller. Tape off edges, so excess doesn't run down the sides. It will volumize (get thicker) as it cures. Be careful not to run drips across already coated areas, or you will have "tracks" in your newly coated roof.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #768

Suspension lift Fifth wheel 3"

Well I bought a new truck, and the new one is three inches taller than the old. Pulled 550 miles with stock trailer height, weight of the trailer axles had a substantial difference, don't remember the weights exactly, but do recall that I was over on the rear axle by about 600Lbs. and was pushing near the tires limits. I only did this because I had no other choice at the time, had to move for work.

Enter the research, I did many Google searches for information on lift blocks, suspension modifications, taller springs, different hangers etc. In my research I found many interesting things, one of which is the idea of a full air ride suspension replacement. For now I have Installed a three inch lift, in the form of billit aluminum blocks. This method will induce greater torsional loads to the springs during braking and increased side loads during turns,increasing with the severity of the turn. This is understood and the suspension will be inspected more often and is only to be a "temporary" fix.

My plans involve building a replacement suspension system using Air ride technology to create the towing clearance needed, be able to lower trailer in campsite for better step access and stabilizer jack operation, and create a better,softer ride for trailer and contents. The suspension will always have equal load on each axle due to the front and back bags being tied together.

But this post is to show the installation of the three inch lift blocks.

Kind of self explanatory, old suspension showing factory set up, with 1/2 inch U-bolts. Next the block installed with the new 9/16 inch U-bolts which required opening up the holes in the spring plate for clearance. and lastly a picture of the beautiful blocks. also had to cut the excess U-bolt length after torquing the bolts down, handy 6 inch Metabo grinder with cut-off wheel made quick work of them.

Boy is that first step tall now! 6'5" to center of door handle from ground gonna have to build a step box!

When I build the replacement suspension system I will document and post that mod. I have to get time off at home first.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03642.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	65254   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03646.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	65255  

Name:	DSC03649.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	65256  
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #769

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our master bed was sinking in the middle because of the cheap mdf board that they use so we opted to rebuild the top and increase its size to fully support the entire mattress. We also added supports across the under side of the What a difference, it feels so much better!

Old 06-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #770
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
That looks great! I would round those corners though. Your shins will appreciate it.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs