Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #1345

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I added some more power outlets to the dash of my coach. I wanted something to my left that I could use for my RVi3 tablet, and I found a combo power port and USB outlet that really fit the space like a glove. I also added a power port to the right of the passenger seat for the DW so she can easily charge her phone. First pic is holes drilled in dash to left of driver. 2nd pic is wiring up the sockets, 3rd pic is the fuse block I added for the additional outlets and for the driver map light. I took power from the battery terminal on the convenience center. I still have some positions available for additional adds later on. #4 is the finished product. Looks like it was designed for that spot.
jt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet1.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	192233   Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	192234  

Name:	outlet3.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	192235   Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet4.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	192236  

JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2018, 12:02 AM   #1346

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Great job, that fits perfectly.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #1347

RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petcar View Post
Link says page not found, probably only for me. What is name on item,or what is it called? Peter
Yep, Amazon doesn't deal with Oakies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
Linked for me so I thought I would share. . Hope this helps.

Its made by Product Handlers. The amazon listing headline is

Product Handlers Six Spray Can / Spray Bottle Holder Caddie Rack Garage Shop Race Trailer Storage Organizer - trailer box (Six Spray)
Thanks for filling in the info for him, Forky!
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:35 PM   #1348

Thor Owners Club
Product Handlers Six Spray Can / Spray Bottle Holder Caddie Rack Garage Shop Race Trailer Storage Organizer - trailer box (Six Spray)

Thanks Forkyfork, it worked. Here in OK.
Peter
Old 03-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #1349

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finally got around to replacing the ancient Sony dash radio. Easy swap. The 7" screen flips up for use or can fold down and store when off.
jt
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	radio1.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	194722  
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #1350

The bathroom door on our Class C has a little knob that fit into a spring hoop to hold it open and provide privacy to the back of the coach. If you weren't 100 perfectly level, the knob didn't engage the hoop, but struck the edge of it. It eventually wallowed out the hole that the knob was screwed into.

I pulled it off, and replaced the top door hinge with a $7.00 spring loaded one. Now if the door isn't latched closed, it gently springs open and rests against the same wall that the hoop used to be on. A short run of weatherstripping provides a soft door stop bumper. And, you don't even have to be completely level for it to work.

-Keith
Javabean215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #1351

Send a message via Skype™ to Steven Groves
Toy Hauler garage update

When I started looking at motor coaches with my hunny last year, we came across the Thor toy hauler at our first RV show and I was smitten by the space in the back and the flying patio setup - it was just the coolest idea, but not because I wanted to haul anything, not an ATV / motorcycle enthusiast or anything. We did even try to find a small vehicle for the space instead of doing a toad. I found out that even the smallest vehicle (a SmartCar) would fit in the garage space, but they were too heavy for the garage space. Capacity is 1,500 lbs and the SmartCar was 1,800 lbs. (so close!)

Shifted gears - I do not see me retiring for a while yet as most of my work was online & via phone so why stop now? The office idea that I envisioned would have an area with an outdoor feel as a room. I just needed to figure out a) a working space configuration and b) how to stay connected to the web for my work - and I immediately claimed the idea of an office in the garage space even though we didn't an RV or motor coach at that point! The boss let me.

Last year via private party, we found a deal on a 2010 Newmar Canyon Star CS3920 with the toy hauler space. Could this be my mobile office?

Once I found the MIA (Mobile Internet Aficionados) group, I had the answers to having Internet while being mobile - now to crack the code on the workspace configuration.

The garage had a configuration of a bunk bed that lowered from the ceiling and a set of bench seats below that, all run up / down using a Happi-jac, 4 point chain-driven system.

I & the CP used the rig several time last year to test out the Internet access and I really enjoyed being able to lower the ramp, pull down the back screen and enjoy the great outdoors and fresh air as I worked. The soft-top benches were good enough for a pinch, but not ideal. If I was going to still have to work every day - which is what we were planning, the workspace would have to come together.

Trip after trip last year the vision of what I wanted and how to make it happen became clearer.

Starting with the end in mind, I'd knew I would need a work surface - no planks or door on saw horses for me. For our home office in the homestead, the office & the bosses (my CP) had IKEA desks. Instead of buying something new, we decided to try and cannibalize the work surfaces for the project. The vision had my desk fitted to the bottom and her work surface would become a shelf on the top - also wanted to see if we could fit them to the existing Happi-jac mounts. I was a bit concerned though because while the desk tops were not solid wood, they were still pretty heavy.

The distance from side-to-side, inside the Happi-jacs was 93" - how could I span that distance and handle the weight? Wood (any wood) was too weak, steel too heavy. I looked at round stock, square stock and angle stock in a variety of materials. The answer came in the form of an extruded aluminum square T-channel from aa company called 80/20. Amazing stuff - when cut to length, I could hang 100lb plus and withe the T-channel system, I could futz and figure out specifically where to tighten things down without needing metal working tools or special welding.

I got 4 lengths of the extruded T-channel from 80/20.com, cut them to length using a chop saw borrowed from the neighbor and voila' - I had a solid, readily mounted frame to carry the work surface up & down. I still had some concern about the twisting of the surface as the front edge did not have anything to stabilize it. I ordered a few more pieces of 80/20, but this time with the ends of the channel threaded to take some end pivots. Attached them to the frames and now I felt a lot better about the work surface not torquing and staying flat.

As all this was coming together I wondered about how to deal with all the bouncing & flexing the work surface and shelving would receive going down the road. I wondered what I could do to mount teh desktops, which had their own frames, and how to attach them to the 80/20 aluminum frame I had just crafted. Ideally, I would find something strong, light, inexpensive and easy to use. A recent client I did work with mfg's zip-ties and I learned that there are zip-ties out there that will take 175 lb load! Who knew!

I picked up a couple dozen of the high strength zip-ties, strapped the work surface to the 80/20 fame and now...

Well, hope you enjoy the video!

(Sorry about that; not sure the video uploaded properly, here's a link to a YouTube version)
Attached Files
Old 03-15-2018, 05:40 AM   #1352

Subscribed
Pragmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #1353

Winnebago Owners Club
My younger brother was upgrading his home entertainment system about a year ago, and gave me his old Harman Kardon 8" powered subwoofer. I checked my soundbar and it had a sub out connection. Now where to put that thing?

I found the bottom cabinet directly behind the driver's seat (not really being used for anything productive) was the perfect place to hide it in. Once I removed the shelf, it perfectly fit into that space, and the cable would run from the soundbar right to it easily.

After a few adjustments to the bypass filter and amount of the bass, it fills the sound in perfectly! Checking for obtrusive noise outside of the coach, I barely could hear any bass sounds standing right next to the outside wall from the subwoofer. Shouldn't be noticed by neighbors in most any RV park.

Inside the coach, all those low frequencies I had been missing have now come to life again. So, if you're at an RV park and you walk next to an RV and hear a slight thump or two coming from my Forza, come on over and enjoy the music with us!

(Sorry but the photo won't upload any way but upside down!)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180317_183604.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	195849  
GTobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #1354

replaced the comode for a mini clothes washer,ans sink

hello all i replace the comode clothes,and the sink on kitchen
on my allegro 32 BA 2007

sorry on my english

this is the link

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...htTVdoY2ZTcGxB
cicsprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #1355

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTobey View Post
(Sorry but the photo won't upload any way but upside down!)
Here Ya Go

Dick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180317_183604.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	196205  
Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 AM   #1356

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Groves View Post
When I started looking at motor coaches with my hunny last year, we came across the Thor toy hauler at our first RV show and I was smitten by the space in the back and the flying patio setup - it was just the coolest idea, but not because I wanted to haul anything, not an ATV / motorcycle enthusiast or anything. We did even try to find a small vehicle for the space instead of doing a toad. I found out that even the smallest vehicle (a SmartCar) would fit in the garage space, but they were too heavy for the garage space. Capacity is 1,500 lbs and the SmartCar was 1,800 lbs. (so close!)
That is some innovative and slick work...Kudos sir.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #1357

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
Here Ya Go

Dick
Thanks so much!
GT
Old 03-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #1358

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicsprd View Post
hello all i replace the comode clothes,and the sink on kitchen
on my allegro 32 BA 2007

sorry on my english

this is the link

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...htTVdoY2ZTcGxB
Super nice job. Looks really professional!

Tags
rvs