Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #85
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
drain pic for dishwasher

How I ran the lines.
Slide-out extended

Slide-out in

I have plans to add trim to cover the lines.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #86

Taz thanks for the pic I will have to maybe see how
I can run the water and drain lines befor I buy the dw
It would be about a six foot run to the sink and hot
water.
1stCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #87
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by larcougar View Post
Taz thanks for the pic I will have to maybe see how
I can run the water and drain lines befor I buy the dw
It would be about a six foot run to the sink and hot
water.
Six foot should be ok depending on how much the routing will add. You can extend the hot water feed but if you go much longer on the drain you may have to add an extent and add a dedicated trap with anti syphon vent.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #88

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech View Post
Lpkirby,

Sounds like you need a modified version of the buffet cabinet. If it was 18" deep instead of 12" you could get a couple of file drawers in it. A wider key board tray would be possible to if the table was moved over. The table would stick out 18" and would pull out to 36" or 48" with a leaf. You would still have room for four for dinner! When do you want it installed?

Dave
How long will it take you to build it? I really like it!
lpkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #89

Window covers

Our older coach does not have the handy built in privace curtians, it has a set of real nice curtians that snap into the overhead, but they are somewhat of a pain to put up, and since they are at the back of the dash area they allow the sun to heat up the coach and glare on the dash.

We have been covering the dash and chairs with sheets but that too is a pain.

We have some PVC sheet that was a drag home, it comes in 4x8 but it is more expensive than wood, but we had it.

We made some panels that fit just inside the windows, they are supported by sliding latches that are spring loaded that go up behind the trim.

When driving they come out in a flash and jst lay on the bed or lean up against a wall.

To place them back takes only a minute, and they keep the heat at the window.

Being white they reflect the heat well, we have some R-8 foil backed stuff we may add later, will need to see how the summer goes.

The right window is made with a foam centered panel board, was a display sign, lighter weight and core is like an ice chest, not sure on the cost for that stuff, neither are sold at the hardware store, they come from sign dealers who are not usually discounters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan02_0004.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	16802  
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
The right window is made with a foam centered panel board, was a display sign, lighter weight and core is like an ice chest, not sure on the cost for that stuff, neither are sold at the hardware store, they come from sign dealers who are not usually discounters.
If your foam centered panel board is paper on both sides and if it's what I think it is it's called foamcore or foamboard. You can get it at art or hobby supply stores. It comes mostly in white but black and other colors are also available. From 1/8" to 1/2" thick and as big as 40 x 60 inches. Cuts with a razor knife or fine saw.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #91

Did not think about hobby store. This us PVC on both sides with a printed layer stick on to create a sign, white paint fixed that

Pipe glue to bond the latches
Old 01-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #92

TQ60,

The product is Coroplast (www.coroplast.com/) and is an inexpensive board for sign making. Seems like I paid about $10 for a 4 x 8 but that was a few years ago.

Dave
Sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
I was posting all my mods in the Damon section - but since it looks like this section may have legs and have a good long life I will begin posting all mine here.

Needed extra length for drain hose and didn’t want to pay big $ for extension hose. Since hose connects to sewer adapter with press fit 1 inch PVC connector - I just cut a 10 foot 1 inch PVC pipe into several lengths that would fit in our wet bay, added one 1 inch PVC coupler to each piece of pipe and now have ten foot extension for just a couple of bucks. And can make more as needed. Light weight, easy to store and easy to hookup.
How do you get away with 1" drain hose? Do you have a macerator? How about some pics of that installation?
TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #94

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanicPilot View Post
How do you get away with 1" drain hose? Do you have a macerator? How about some pics of that installation?
Sorry - Sewer Solutions is a commercial product that uses water pressure to breakup dump solids, as opposed to a motor. Here is link to the mfg's site for more info. Great product by-the-way.
SewerSolution
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #95

Ford Super Duty Owner
Black Streak Mod.

We all seem to have problems with black streaks. My observation is most of it is due to accumulated dirt and stuff on roof running down the sides during rains also with a’cond runoff which seems to leave a white chalky residue.
There is no gutter on our class A and runoff can occur anywhere along the roof edge. Since there is a full length awning track on both sides, I started looking for a way turn the unused awning track (ie the no awning sections) into a gutter mount. One very nice wine day it occurred to me that a one or two inch wide awning might due the trick. Thanks to a very understanding Maria, at Top Hat Awnings & Shades, Weslaco TX. the four foot prototype was produced and installed. It looks good, was easy to install and passed the first water test with a hose. I already have some ideas to improve the next one and will probably have about forty five feet made before we leave RGV. If you don’t see it - look at edge of roof above drivers window.
Depending on your software you might be able to get the picture to full screen by clicking it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PB280015.jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	16817  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #96
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ctpres

I will be interested in how well it works for you. I hate those streaks. Have you had it up to speed on the highway? I was wondering if they flapped or moved on you. Looks like you may have the same rig we do. Post when you have any updates.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #97

Ford Super Duty Owner
Dump hose storage

We carry over 45 feet of hose and needed easy access and quick put-a-way for our one-night-stand travel style. Eight foot five inch PVC post, two post caps and ten foot gutter were main parts needed. Secured one end of post to frame using hinge for easy cleaning just remove screws on other end and drop to ground for rinsing and draining. Old broom handle screwed to both ends of gutter for handle and to keep stuff in place. Removable cap held in place with ½ in pvc pipe and lynch pin.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PB280003.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	16821   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB280006.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	16823  

Name:	PB280005.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	16824  
Old 01-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #98

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fresh water setup

Our city water connection is above a basement hatch. So every time I opened hatch the hose was in the way. When camp faucet real close to ground I put filter at RV end and then nearly impossible to open hatch. Also I was concerned about long term effect of stress on the city water fitting. Solution - bungee hooked to water heater latch and hose.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PB280001.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	16825  

Tags
rvs