Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #1

Monaco LaPalma passenger floor board gets soaked

I own a 2000 Monaco LaPalma with two 14 ft slide-outs that I purchased about three years ago. Beginning with my first trip in the coach, the passenger floor board becomes soaked after a few hours of driving. This occurs no matter what the weather conditions are, and does not become worse in wet weather. This occurs on hot dry days when there is not a cloud in the sky. I thought I finally got the problem solved last week when my RV mechanic diagnosed a faulty heater core and replaced it. Just took the coach out today to test it out and I found moisture building up in the front right corner of the passenger floor board carpet again! Since we only drove the coach for a half hour, I can't really determine if the the situation has improved any or if it's just business as usual. Right after I purchased the MH, a guy saw it in my front yard, stopped, told me that he owns the same model, and asked me if I had been experiencing the wet floor board problem, so I have to believe that there are others out there who have had this issue. If anybody has ever solved the problem, I would most appreciative to find out what the solution is. Ed
ematisoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What chassis?

I have a 2004 LaPalma on a W22 chassis with the 8.1 GM engine and haven't experienced this problem.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:30 AM   #3

It's a Ford Chassis
Old 09-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #4

If the fluid has no odor, then it certainly isn't antifreeze dropping from your heater core OR from the hot water assist to your water heater (if so equipped) - you'd most certainly smell that.

Were you running the dash A/C? It's possible the condensation is leaking in due to a blocked drain...

Try the next trip with the fresh water tank completely empty, empty the water heater, house water pump off, faucets opened up to relieve pressure in the lines.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
My guess is a water hose, Fridge leak, Ice Machine Leak, As stated above Condensation from AC Units? Any of your water tanks located near by?
Happy hunting, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #6

Thanks to both of you for your guidance on this problem. I've copied your comments and I'm going to e-mail them to my RV service guy to follow up on. And "Yes" I was running the A/C each time the floor boards became wet. This really sounds like a promising lead.

Many thanks

Ed Matisoff
Old 09-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #7

the drain hose, or outlet fitting from the ac into the hose can get blocked OR the exit end of the drain hose could just be out of place. Owned several ford vans and this was not an uncommon problem but and easy fix
Old 09-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #8

When you are parked snd run the roof ac where does the water drain?

Could be the drsin comes down the inside of the wall and exits the bottom but is NOT CLOGGED AND WORKING PERFECT...

But the location is duch that wind whips it up into something.

Park and run ac and see where water drains.

Then maybe get wster hose and spray the area from under mh while helper observes inside looking for water.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #9

Guessing front passenger side door and floor getting wet there?

If so there could be reduced pressure on inside of door at that spot that draws any splashing water in around the seal.

You may be able to add extension hose to your drain and route it behind the wheel or away from the edge or lower to the ground.

Good luck and keep us posted

Tags
monaco