Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2019, 07:43 PM   #15

I just got my senior pass a month or so ago. I turned 62 on August 15 and my annual pass expired on August 31. Just for the heck of it I clicked on the senior link to see how long before I qualified. Surprise!

I get free admission for the rest of my life for $90, what's not to like about that? Am I going to pitch a fit because their funding has been cut and they need to raise prices? Nope. I get in for free, I can pay the regular rate for camping and other services.
WyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2019, 05:03 AM   #16

I hope the fee's being considered for park camping don't include entry fee's. I would probably not go to some parks if the increase would include entry fees.

I hope the camping fees for COE campground don't increase for senior pass holders. They are my favorite and I seek them out.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:31 AM   #17

Funny how we all think - we used to Buy an Annual Pass at every Park and still think we got a bargain,

But, yes, I've also purchase a number of the Old F*rt Passes too - I still have my Dad's Paper Golden Eagle Pass - as I'm a Jr it has my name on it.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:32 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I think $80 for life is great but excessive. We normally go to Haleakala 3x a year. It was $20/visit before I got the senior pass. I would have been very happy if it had to be renewed every 3 years. Still would have been a great deal! And all of that money (100%) goes back into the NPS budget, today.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:59 AM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
I hope the fee's being considered for park camping don't include entry fee's. I would probably not go to some parks if the increase would include entry fees.

I hope the camping fees for COE campground don't increase for senior pass holders. They are my favorite and I seek them out.
Me too Tim!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wee have seen several that are breaking the fees to a camping fee and a utility fee. We get 1/2 off on camping and full price on utilities.

I feel that if they are going to cut the senior discounts, the regular fees should be raised accordingly.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Wee have seen several that are breaking the fees to a camping fee and a utility fee. We get 1/2 off on camping and full price on utilities.
It has always been the case where 1/2 price is for the camping fee and electric is extra.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
It has always been the case where 1/2 price is for the camping fee and electric is extra.
Not always. We used to get 1/2 off the fee. Camping and utility were not separated until a couple of years ago.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 10-21-2019, 11:40 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Not always. Used to be there was just one fee for a full hook up site. A couple of years ago, we first saw the separate fee fro electric and camping.

Ken
Old 10-21-2019, 11:58 AM   #24

That's like the California lottery. The schools win! NOT!!! Any money the schools got from the lottery was cut from their general budget. The schools didn't get a single dime more! Past precident dictates the same thing will happen for parks. It will cost us a great deal more and parks won't see a dime more in the long run. Government will eat the extra money with no extra money going to the parks.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:11 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
With 10,000 people turning 60 everyday (and many rv'ing) maybe higher rates will make it easer to get into parks?
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:38 PM   #26

Quote:
$80 for a LIFETIME is not steep!!!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:09 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpalmerCass View Post
I want them to call it an Old People pass. I find the euphemism "senior" offensive in that it implies there's something wrong with being old.

I feel better now.
Most people I know call it a Geezer Card. I really don't care what its called as long as it works!
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:03 AM   #28

Make no mistake: these price increases are driven by lobbyists for the companies that monopolize our National Assets: e.g. Xanterra. The increases will go to them, not the parks.

The park campgrounds were paid for by our taxes over our lives. They are not building new campgrounds or upgrading old.
LarryinID is offline   Reply With Quote