Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #1

Cool More Keys??

Odd question do any of you know where the best place to get a couple more keys for my front door? I have googled it and haven't had a great time finding what I am looking for! Thanks!
NY Camper 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
The run-of-the-mill locksmith down the street had the blanks and made a full set for us. Might have to do a little driving for this project. \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
The run-of-the-mill locksmith down the street had the blanks and made a full set for us. Might have to do a little driving for this project. \ken
Thanks for the help!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Chances are good your locks/keys are Tri-mark, there is a catalog to download at the lower right corner of the home page.

Give them a call with your key numbers Service and Replacement | TriMark Corporation
Old 04-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Chances are good your locks/keys are Tri-mark, there is a catalog to download at the lower right corner of the home page.

Give them a call with your key numbers Service and Replacement | TriMark Corporation
The backdoors are yes! But the front door key say FIC
Old 04-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Camper 86 View Post
The backdoors are yes! But the front door key say FIC
Don't recognize that, does it look like the others (style)? I would ask Tri-mark about it or it may be a common key, try an older (established) Ace hardware, I have bought some at ACE for Tri-Marks but they were kind of hit and miss.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Goggled FIC, supposedly it is a WESCO lock, Products | Wesko Locks Ltd try ACE first those key designs look pretty familiar (used to work at an ACE)

of course could be a duplicate not original key
Old 04-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Goggled FIC, supposedly it is a WESCO lock, Products | Wesko Locks Ltd try ACE first those key designs look pretty familiar (used to work at an ACE)

Thank you for all your help! I will try and find a Ace store, most around me have closed. Thanks again
Old 04-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Odd question do any of you know where the best place to get a couple more keys for my front door? I have googled it and haven't had a great time finding what I am looking for! Thanks!
NY Camper 86
Most keys can be duplicated by any hardware store, big box store, or lock shop.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Opppssss!!!! I goofed, mixed Wesco with Wesko. Look at this site
Products note at the top of the page they have a recall also on a deadbolt lock (RV style) that you may be concerned about.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ebay was a great source for me to get some extra keys. If your key has a code on it there is a good chance you can pick it up on ebay. I got a couple of Tri-mark for my doors and a couple of FIC for the basement doors and they fit perfect.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Our local locksmith had every blank we needed including the 'barrel' type key blanks for the locking fuel door. We color coded each key with plastic shroud rings to quickly identify what key fit what lock...thought that was a pretty slick touch he made available.

Ever close a locked door and instantly realize that you've just made a terrible mistake? Four complete sets have eased that burden a little. Still, experience sometimes shows that even the best of plans are not always FOOL proof.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Opppssss!!!! I goofed, mixed Wesco with Wesko. Look at this site
Products note at the top of the page they have a recall also on a deadbolt lock (RV style) that you may be concerned about.
It says my lock number has been recalled but then it says something about if made before 2006 not affected. Kind of confusing....
Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
It says my lock number has been recalled but then it says something about if made before 2006 not affected. Kind of confusing....

Might just call them, chances are they will send you a new lock, they are really not that expensive. If you are not the original owner tell them you are not, and that you are "concerned" about the lock. I did not pursue why they are recalled, if it is working maybe pursuing the spare key copied locally is still the best first line of action.

For clarification; the reason I was pushing for ACE to have the key is that the big box stores seem to just have the popular keys and no real knowledge to dig a little on a problem ( just my 2 cents).