Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #57

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
I believe a bill that has passed both houses of congress, and presented to the president, will automatically become law after 10 days without his signature, providing congress is still in session during this 10 day period.

Dieselclacker
True, but if he didn't want it to pass he would need to take action. By not signing it, it simply means he wants it...not likely for this administration.
macnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmpe View Post
All the more reason to get off the stick and actively push for passage of HR 822, which is already on its way.

Seems the bad guys are everywhere.
This may be a realy dumb question, but what is HR822??
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Has anyone noticed that almost ALL of the amendments effectively nullify the bill?

Quote:
Amendment No. 1—Rep. Woodall (R-GA): This amendment would protect the rights of states that already have reciprocal agreements in place for the concealed carry of firearms to continue enforcing those preexisting agreements.
Amendment No. 2—Rep. McCarthy (D-NY): This amendment would specify that the legislation can only go into effect in states that have passed legislation enacting the bill.
Amendment No. 3—Rep. Hastings (D-FL): This amendment would exempt states from issuing a carry permit on the basis of state reciprocity which do not require individuals to apply for and complete a carry permit application in person.
Amendment No. 4—Rep. Jackson Lee (D-TX): This amendment would require a state to create a comprehensive database to contain all permits and licenses issued by the state for carrying a concealed weapon and make this comprehensive database available to law enforcement officers from all states 24 hours a day.
Amendment No. 5—Rep. Conyers (D-MI): This amendment would effectively gut the bill by “preserving” state laws with respect to eligibility for concealed-carry.
Amendment No. 6—Rep. Johnson (D-GA): This amendment would require the possession or carrying of a concealed handgun in a state to be subject to “any law of the state that limits the eligibility to possess or carry a concealed handgun to persons who have received firearm safety training that includes a live-fire exercise.’’
Amendment No. 7—Rep. Cohen (D-TN): This amendment would exempt from the bill any state law requiring a person to be at least 21 years of age to possess or carry a concealed handgun.
Amendment No. 8—Rep. Jackson Lee (D-TX): This amendment would require a person intending to carry or possess a concealed handgun in a state to inform that state’s law enforcement of their intentions at least 24 hours prior.
Amendment No. 9—Rep. Cicilline (D-RI): This amendment would limit the bill from taking effect in a state until the State Attorney General, head of the State police, and the Secretary of State have jointly certified that the other state’s carry laws are substantially similar to its own licensing or permitting requirements.
Amendment No. 10—Rep. Reichert (R-WA): This amendment would require a Government Accountability Office (GAO) study on the ability of state and local law enforcement authorities to verify the validity of out-of-state concealed firearms permits.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Looks like they are trying to amend this thing to death...
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #61

Texas Boomers Club
How many of those amendments actually made it into the bill?

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
This may be a realy dumb question, but what is HR822??
Let me google that for you
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #63
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
While the fate of HR822 can effect RV'rs, the subject of this post is not about that bill nor the process/procedure of passing a bill or speculating about it. Let's not continue down this road.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #64
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
As of right now there are 3 differant threads in this one. To answer the HR 822 question here is the offical NRA statement you can look it up if you have more questions.

U.S. House Passes NRA-backed
National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Legislation

The U.S. House of Representatives has passed an important self-defense measure that would enable millions of Right-to-Carry permit holders across the country to carry concealed firearms while traveling outside their home states. H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act, passed by a majority bipartisan vote of 272 to 154. All amendments aimed to weaken or damage the integrity of this bill were defeated.

“NRA has made the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act a priority because it enhances the fundamental right to self-defense guaranteed to all law-abiding people,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action. “People are not immune from crime when they cross state lines. That is why it is vital for them to be able to defend themselves and their loved ones should the need arise.”

H.R. 822, introduced in the U.S. House by Representatives Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) and Heath Shuler (D-N.C.), allows any person with a valid state-issued concealed firearm permit to carry a concealed firearm in any state that issues concealed firearm permits, or that does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms for lawful purposes.

This bill does not affect existing state laws. State laws governing where concealed firearms may be carried would apply within each state’s borders. H.R. 822 does not create a federal licensing system or impose federal standards on state permits; rather, it requires the states to recognize each others' carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards.

As of today, 49 states have laws in place that permit their citizens to carry a concealed firearm in some form. Only Illinois and the District of Columbia deny its residents the right to carry concealed firearms outside their homes or businesses for self-defense.

“We are grateful for the support of Speaker Boehner, Majority Leader Cantor, Majority Whip McCarthy, Judiciary Chairman Smith and primary sponsors Congressmen Stearns and Shuler for their steadfast support of H.R. 822. Thanks to the persistence of millions of American gun owners and NRA members, Congress has moved one step closer to improving crucial self-defense laws in this country,” concluded Cox.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
The right to pack heat right?
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I travel in the City of Redlands,CA quite often. I am on the freeway not a surface street. But something like that could happen anywhere, anytime. I try not to offend anyone. But on the otherhand, there are a lot of CRAZY people out there.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #67
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmpe View Post
All the more reason to get off the stick and actively push for passage of HR 822, which is already on its way.

Seems the bad guys are everywhere.
House has passed it. Senate hopefully will pass it.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post
I travel in the City of Redlands,CA quite often. I am on the freeway not a surface street. But something like that could happen anywhere, anytime. I try not to offend anyone. But on the otherhand, there are a lot of CRAZY people out there.
Yes.. but in most places, it'll happen once..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
I became tired of crazies passing, cutting right in front, slamming on brakes and turning right, so I bought Car Cameras | Dash Cams | Car Camera | Vehicle Cameras.

I am amazed at the clarity, and although it is mounted in my car, I will probably get one for the RV as well. I think it is an invaluable tool.

(Okay, it won't keep crazies from cutting right in front, but at least I get to yell at them again when I watch it on the computer.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by a k View Post
GOPRO.com
doesn't loop

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote